NDSU/OREGON 2020

Moderators: greenyellow, UOducksTK1

karlhungis
All Pac-12

Re: NDSU/OREGON 2020

Post by karlhungis »

JBB wrote:You should be using Arizona State and Auburn for your talent comparisons not Montana or Portland State.

Referring to how NDSU will replace graduating SRs from the 2019 squad Bison 247 had this to say about The Bison roster
I don't even know where to start with the offense. What concerns would you possibly have at this point. It's not that Zack Johnson and Ben Ellefson weren't useful players, they were. They can replace those two, they can replace Ty Brooks, they can replace Jimmy Kepouros, they can replace them all with really, really good players.
Really, really good players that aren't good enough to get offers from D1 schools that actually care about size and speed.

Yeah, I remember Auburn was LOADED with guys that couldn't receive D1 offers. Very apt comparison. Their defense was also slow and undersized, classic SEC for ya.

I realize you are just trolling but that is a painfully stupid take.
OregonFan4life -
My source just said Chip is officially back!
It will be announced at Autzen press conference tomorrow afternoon!
JBB
Two Star Recruit

Post by JBB »

Really, really good players that aren't good enough to get offers from D1 schools that actually care about size and speed.
I know right?

Not one FBS offer for Trey Lance. Can’t really remember about the offers the other NFL type players on The Bison squad received. Probably not even a Gopher offer :lol: (inside “Bison baseball” joke)

All people with your take need to know is it’s Just the Jimmies and the Joes playing “lunch-pail” football. It’s called “Code Green”. Good enough to be Consecutive and perennial defending champions of FCS Division 1 college football and 6 point dogs to the Mighty Ducks.

The match-up between the unheralded Bison Defense and the unknown Oregon offense will also be interesting Again “Code Green”.

The top 5-10 teams in FCS are good football teams. The next 10-20 competitive and the rest, about 120 teams aren’t very good. At GAM headquarters we are starting to take a look at the UNI @Iowa State game as an upset. There are a couple others as well.
lukeyrid13
All-American
GM: Portland TrailBlazers

Post by lukeyrid13 »

ASU didn’t dink and dunk us. Sadly, they just killed us with big plays. They had 3 catches go for over 200 yards in that game.
JBB
Two Star Recruit

Post by JBB »

I watched that game. I don’t know what AZ State was doing to open up your secondary like that but the NDSU coaches know.

Here’s a tour of Auzten game day. Thought bootfitter, at least, might like it.

https://youtu.be/maDt9c1JJq4
JBB
Two Star Recruit

Post by JBB »

Not sure how much of this any of you guys have seen but here are 5 reasons why Oregon wins the national championship this year. From April 28:

https://youtu.be/GxatSW0C0iA

This is from May 8. I hadnt seen it so Im passing it on. Its a review of the feared Duck defense:

https://youtu.be/vcknTtyDuX4

I just finished another one on Oregons Blueprint Becoming Clear from May 29:

https://youtu.be/ktQ8GDLvNGc

Even if you've seen it you should watch that last one again. The point is made that Cristobal built the Ducks by drafting the lower rated players that could be stars at Oregon. The Ducks got a lot of talent that wasnt highly recruited but could play with the best. It might remind you of NDSUs approach.
JBB
Two Star Recruit

Post by JBB »

Here’s a good rundown on the Bison squad and their NFL prospects. It’s from BisonVille

Default Future NFL Bison

I know some of you will hate this thread but I don’t really care. The Trey thing has blown up. Jabril has transferred. Time to start talking like the big boys do.

Having said that, current players I would SPECULATE on NFL status..

Trey Lance - Seems a lock for 1st round. Everything has been said in the other thread but I will guess right now that Trey is the #1 pick in the 2022 draft. That’s 2022, not next year. Just a hunch but I think he would want to graduate and it would be hard to pass Lawrence and Fields this year. Much more likely he could go 1 the following year.

Dillon Radunz - 1st round possible 2021, won’t go lower than 4th. I think his athleticism is far better than Turner, Haeg and Cornick, alll NFL guys. If he goes another year without giving up a sack and doing what he’s done...sky is the limit

Christian Watson - There is a world where CW rips it up and is a 1st round pick. If Trey was throwing deep, it was usually because CW was wide open. He’s a sick talent that got better as the season went on. If he thinks he can run in the 4.4s, and he probably can, don’t be surprised if he’s gone early.

Josh Babicz - The size and athleticism for an NFL TE. A lot of ball to be played but his upside is 2-3 round.

Kobe Johnson - 2 more years to check his skills but I’ve seen enough to think he will be a mid round pick.

Spencer Waege - It’s time for him to be the man. If he keeps improving the next two years he could be a mid round pick

Seniors this coming year:
Cordell Volson - If he could improve foot speed, could be late round. Probably UDFA.
Karson Schoening - Would need a great year to be considered for draft. Has good upside.
Aaron Mercadel - If he flashes this year, could be a practice squad guy

Other guys that(don’t worry) won’t go out early but COULD be NFL guys:

Phoenix Sproles - Gets better every game. If he can keep it up, he might be a mid to late round pick.
Seth Wilson - Man, that injury sucked. We will see, if he comes back full I think he can make a team.
Noah Gindorff - The half blocker, half receiver thing is en Vogue now. That should get a look but probably UDFA

Young Studs:
Jalen Sundell - His upside is limitless but he hasn’t proven anything...yet
Will and Eli Mostert - I won’t do them the disservice of picking one. Both huge and prospects. Fight it out.
Luke Weerts - Not typical NFL size. Could be a tackle machine and competitor that finds a way on a squad.

I hope this thread can be about legit NFL BISON prospects. I get that some people will hate labeling prospects NFL talent before or while they are on campus. To those folk I say find another thread to bitch: This is for the people that felt Trey was an NFL talent from seeing his high school film.
JBB
Two Star Recruit

Post by JBB »

If NDSU Bison and QB Trey Lance beat Oregon would it be considered an upset?

https://www.nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/06/trey-lance-6/

Includes Trey Lance highlights
nogerO
Senior

Post by nogerO »

JBB wrote: If NDSU Bison and QB Trey Lance beat Oregon would it be considered an upset?

https://www.nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/06/trey-lance-6/

Includes Trey Lance highlights
OK Homer I'll play. Of course it would be an upset. You drive a nice pickup. Your dog is cute. Your significant other is lonely.
"To give anything less than your best, is to sacrifice the gift." - Steve Prefontaine
JBB
Two Star Recruit

Post by JBB »

:lol: Didn’t bother to read the article did you :lol:
Merganzer
Senior

Post by Merganzer »

JBB wrote::lol: Didn’t bother to read the article did you :lol:
"I love Trey Lance, but a ton of critics have NDSU beating Oregon and that may be a longshot." Maybe a legit 20% chance.
JBB
Two Star Recruit

Post by JBB »

A little surprising? Perhaps:

Draft expert: Trey Lance more impressive than Lawrence, Fields

https://247sports.com/Article/NFL-Draft ... 148384170/
Off a snapshot of three games, I watched Trevor Lawrence, I watched Justin Fields and I watched Trey Lance, and trust me I came in with the idea that it would be Lawrence, a big gap then Fields and then a huge gap and Trey Lance,” NFL Network’s Daniel Jeremiah said on the Ryen Russillo Podcast. “And then I watched it. Off these three games, you remove decals off helmets, I came away saying Trey Lance was the most impressive of the three guys.”
Ps.. Lance was reported to be working out with Dwayne Haskins QB for the Washington Redskins yesterday.
JBB
Two Star Recruit

Post by JBB »

More news comes our way. File this under Reasons The Bison are for real. You may enjoy the interview with NDSU QB Coach Randy Hedberg. One of the best in the country

Modern-day QBU rankings — with a transfer twist

NDSU is #7 right behind Alabama. Didn't see Oregon mentioned so Ducks fans may not be interested

https://247sports.com/LongFormArticle/Q ... 48222789_1
#7: NORTH DAKOTA STATE

Draft picks: 2

An FCS program, North Dakota State’s presence on this list is remarkable. There are no gimmicks to it, no transfers, no inflation based on a lucky recruiting find. In fact, if anything, the No. 7 ranking undervalues what North Dakota State has done. Despite the lack of resources, exposure and geographical advantages of others, the Bison have fielded nothing but NFL quarterbacks over the last five years. First it was first-rounder Carson Wentz. He was followed by fifth-round pick Easton Stick. Current starting quarterback Trey Lance has emerged as a likely first round pick in 2021 and is even challenging Justin Fields and Trevor Lawrence as the top quarterback in the class. All of this has been done with changing head coaches amid FCS national championship runs. Quarterback coach Randy Hedberg has been the lone constant.
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

JBB wrote:More news comes our way. File this under Reasons The Bison are for real. You may enjoy the interview with NDSU QB Coach Randy Hedberg. One of the best in the country

Modern-day QBU rankings — with a transfer twist

NDSU is #7 right behind Alabama. Didn't see Oregon mentioned so Ducks fans may not be interested

https://247sports.com/LongFormArticle/Q ... 48222789_1
#7: NORTH DAKOTA STATE

Draft picks: 2

An FCS program, North Dakota State’s presence on this list is remarkable. There are no gimmicks to it, no transfers, no inflation based on a lucky recruiting find. In fact, if anything, the No. 7 ranking undervalues what North Dakota State has done. Despite the lack of resources, exposure and geographical advantages of others, the Bison have fielded nothing but NFL quarterbacks over the last five years. First it was first-rounder Carson Wentz. He was followed by fifth-round pick Easton Stick. Current starting quarterback Trey Lance has emerged as a likely first round pick in 2021 and is even challenging Justin Fields and Trevor Lawrence as the top quarterback in the class. All of this has been done with changing head coaches amid FCS national championship runs. Quarterback coach Randy Hedberg has been the lone constant.
Didn't one of your former players just get sucker punched?
karlhungis
All Pac-12

Post by karlhungis »

JBB wrote:Here’s a good rundown on the Bison squad and their NFL prospects. It’s from BisonVille

Default Future NFL Bison

I know some of you will hate this thread but I don’t really care. The Trey thing has blown up. Jabril has transferred. Time to start talking like the big boys do.

Having said that, current players I would SPECULATE on NFL status..

Trey Lance - Seems a lock for 1st round. Everything has been said in the other thread but I will guess right now that Trey is the #1 pick in the 2022 draft. That’s 2022, not next year. Just a hunch but I think he would want to graduate and it would be hard to pass Lawrence and Fields this year. Much more likely he could go 1 the following year.

Dillon Radunz - 1st round possible 2021, won’t go lower than 4th. I think his athleticism is far better than Turner, Haeg and Cornick, alll NFL guys. If he goes another year without giving up a sack and doing what he’s done...sky is the limit

Christian Watson - There is a world where CW rips it up and is a 1st round pick. If Trey was throwing deep, it was usually because CW was wide open. He’s a sick talent that got better as the season went on. If he thinks he can run in the 4.4s, and he probably can, don’t be surprised if he’s gone early.

Josh Babicz - The size and athleticism for an NFL TE. A lot of ball to be played but his upside is 2-3 round.

Kobe Johnson - 2 more years to check his skills but I’ve seen enough to think he will be a mid round pick.

Spencer Waege - It’s time for him to be the man. If he keeps improving the next two years he could be a mid round pick

Seniors this coming year:
Cordell Volson - If he could improve foot speed, could be late round. Probably UDFA.
Karson Schoening - Would need a great year to be considered for draft. Has good upside.
Aaron Mercadel - If he flashes this year, could be a practice squad guy

Other guys that(don’t worry) won’t go out early but COULD be NFL guys:

Phoenix Sproles - Gets better every game. If he can keep it up, he might be a mid to late round pick.
Seth Wilson - Man, that injury sucked. We will see, if he comes back full I think he can make a team.
Noah Gindorff - The half blocker, half receiver thing is en Vogue now. That should get a look but probably UDFA

Young Studs:
Jalen Sundell - His upside is limitless but he hasn’t proven anything...yet
Will and Eli Mostert - I won’t do them the disservice of picking one. Both huge and prospects. Fight it out.
Luke Weerts - Not typical NFL size. Could be a tackle machine and competitor that finds a way on a squad.

I hope this thread can be about legit NFL BISON prospects. I get that some people will hate labeling prospects NFL talent before or while they are on campus. To those folk I say find another thread to bitch: This is for the people that felt Trey was an NFL talent from seeing his high school film.
You do realize that there is more than one position on a football team right? Nobody is saying Lance isn't good. It's just that he is the only person on the team that would start for a D1 school.
OregonFan4life -
My source just said Chip is officially back!
It will be announced at Autzen press conference tomorrow afternoon!
alxtw
Five Star Recruit

Post by alxtw »

JBB wrote:I watched that game. I don’t know what AZ State was doing to open up your secondary like that but the NDSU coaches know.

Here’s a tour of Auzten game day. Thought bootfitter, at least, might like it.

https://youtu.be/maDt9c1JJq4
ASU had the best WR starting line up in the west, two consensus NFL first round draft pick WRs. They also had a NFL high draft pick potential true freshman QB that we didn't have much college game film on or experience playing against.