Clemson is a fraud.

Moderators: greenyellow, UOducksTK1

Merganzer
Senior

Re: Clemson is a fraud.

Post by Merganzer »

Bighonkingduck wrote:Slick Willie Taggart to the rescue in making Clemson look like a champ again! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Yep, every bit as impressive as Washington laying 70 on the worst Oregon team in the modern era, give Clemson the ring now!
alxtw
Five Star Recruit

Post by alxtw »

Up 28-0 and dabo is fuming after their kicker misses a fg. That’s what a championship coach is like, has the killer mentality.
On the flip side, dabo portrays himself as a hardcore Christian, so all that profanity and heat directed towards the kicker even after half time makes him look hypocritical.
karlhungis
All Pac-12

Post by karlhungis »

alxtw wrote:Up 28-0 and dabo is fuming after their kicker misses a fg. That’s what a championship coach is like, has the killer mentality.
On the flip side, dabo portrays himself as a hardcore Christian, so all that profanity and heat directed towards the kicker even after half time makes him look hypocritical.

Charlatan
OregonFan4life -
My source just said Chip is officially back!
It will be announced at Autzen press conference tomorrow afternoon!
Merganzer
Senior

Post by Merganzer »

First Poll from the Committee comes out tomorrow, Tuesday, 4:00 PST, ESPN.
Merganzer
Senior

Post by Merganzer »

The buffoon in play here is Joey Galloway. He started off with the lame belief that last season's accomplishment by Clemson has anything to do with this season's CFP; than he doubled down by saying he didn't even care if Clemson had a struggle with UNC, "they didn't lose did they?"
woundedknees
All-American

Post by woundedknees »

Merganzer wrote:The buffoon in play here is Joey Galloway. He started off with the lame belief that last season's accomplishment by Clemson has anything to do with this season's CFP; than he doubled down by saying he didn't even care if Clemson had a struggle with UNC, "they didn't lose did they?"
That's comparable to saying, "Auburn really laid the wood on Oregon (x 2)", isn't it?
Autzen Stadium... Where great teams go to die...Hard!

Merganzer
Senior

Post by Merganzer »

woundedknees wrote:
Merganzer wrote:The buffoon in play here is Joey Galloway. He started off with the lame belief that last season's accomplishment by Clemson has anything to do with this season's CFP; than he doubled down by saying he didn't even care if Clemson had a struggle with UNC, "they didn't lose did they?"
That's comparable to saying, "Auburn really laid the wood on Oregon (x 2)", isn't it?
Makes just as much sense. :lol:
Merganzer
Senior

Post by Merganzer »

A request, please lets keep this topic to what it was intended; should Clemson be getting a free walk to the CFP. Some say yes, I and others say no, and I feel a good discussion can be had. So, please lets stay on point.
woundedknees
All-American

Post by woundedknees »

Nobody deserves a free ride.

Pretty much any team should be judged on their body of work, in addition to win loss record.

Remember the 2002 Fiesta Bowl, Oregon (!0-1) v Colorado (!0-2) and Rose Bowl {Miami (12-0) v Nebraska (11-2)}?

Nebraska made it into the BCS Championship game in spite of not even playing in the Big12 conference championship game. They actually lost the last regular season game to Colorado, Oregon's eventual victim in the Fiesta Bowl.

Had there been a playoff in place, that mess likely could have been avoided. Instead, we got 2 lop-sided blowouts, without any option to resolve who was actually best based on a head to head among the survivors of that bloodbath. (I'm convinced Oregon probably would have come out on the losing end of a Miami/Oregon tilt, but there's a reason they play the games... )
Autzen Stadium... Where great teams go to die...Hard!

Merganzer
Senior

Post by Merganzer »

Absolutely, NO free ride. The guys on the ESPN show the other night, talking about the games the contending teams had won, the games they had coming up, which would determine whether they made it in to the CFP. They discussed 7, 8 teams, but Clemson wasn't one of them. Because Clemson has been in the CFP since they won the last one. If there was a rule stating the team who won the last championship automatically qualified for the next year's CFP there would be no problem. But, of course no rule lie that exists.
Steven A Smith has an opinion on everything so of course he had one here. He is one of Clemson's backers. He believes that Clemson DESERVES to defend their title. If you don't believe that, you'd look at the schedule they played this season, compare it to the other contending teams, and as they should, Clemson would be kicked to the curb.
All season, Clemson has been taking a nap in a hammock, while every other team has been out playing to win, or risking to lose, games which will get them in to the CFP.
GrandpaDuck
Senior

Post by GrandpaDuck »

I wouldn't put money on any of these teams straight-up against Clemson with 2 weeks to prepare and title motivation. Also not including the undefeated defending champ in the playoff because of subjective style points would be an outrage and the winner would have the most tainted championship claim in decades.

On the other hand I'm all for that happening so the 4 team playoff could be dumped.
Merganzer
Senior

Post by Merganzer »

https://ftw.usatoday.com/2019/10/paul-f ... video-espn

“I would put them five or six, somewhere in there because if you’re looking at this objectively — which we hope this committee will in five weeks — they will look at the body of work. How many times do you hear that? ‘Body of work!’ We don’t know about next week, but we’ve seen this week. They haven’t done anything. They haven’t played a decent school.
“They nearly lost to UNC, which lost the week before to Appalachian State. They lost the week before to Wake Forest! Stephen A.’s rubbing off on me here. And their best win is against Texas A&M by two touchdowns at home.”

“If the season ended today — which it doesn’t — Clemson would be left out on my list. And Stephen A. yesterday when we had this conversation, you were trying to tell me, ‘Well, look at all they’ve done.’ I don’t care what they have done in the past! I don’t care that they have a 20-game winning streak or a 200-game winning streak! They don’t belong right now!”

“This is not a lifetime achievement award. This is supposed to be based on what you’re doing right now, and they beat North Carolina. … Clemson’s best win is over Texas A&M by two touchdowns at home. Texas A&M had to hold on to beat Arkansas, which is the worst team in the SEC.”

Tebow agrees. 1. Alabama 2. LSU 3. Ohio State 4. Oklahoma. "We can't start it off with they're reigning National Champion we're supposed to cut it off at last year & start this season fresh. And when you look at how they've played so far this season with Ohio St., Oklahoma, Alabama, LSU, they don't match up. You can't give them credit this year for what they accomplished last year....but they will probably get there because of strength of schedule."
Merganzer
Senior

Post by Merganzer »

AS Joey Bucknut Galloway puts it every week, he's sticking with the defending Champ because they were #1 last season and they haven't lost yet this season...
Looking at the schedule Clemson has faced, the most obvious response to them being undefeated is, "Well, duh!" Clemson's toughest two opponents so far this season, and next week, are OOC, 5-2 Texas A&M & Wofford, yes, Wofford. The collective record of their ACC opponents is 22-25, Louisville the only one above .500 at 5-3.
droop10
Five Star Recruit

Post by droop10 »

Merganzer wrote:AS Joey Bucknut Galloway puts it every week, he's sticking with the defending Champ because they were #1 last season and they haven't lost yet this season...
Looking at the schedule Clemson has faced, the most obvious response to them being undefeated is, "Well, duh!" Clemson's toughest two opponents so far this season, and next week, are OOC, 5-2 Texas A&M & Wofford, yes, Wofford. The collective record of their ACC opponents is 22-25, Louisville the only one above .500 at 5-3.
As we've seen, there's no chance that there will be 5 undefeated teams, so barring a defeat, Clemson will be in it. They can't control the fact that the ACC is garbage this year. They scheduled decent non-conference opponents in A&M and SCar. Know when I say decent, I mean not complete patsies. The best you can ask for with how far in advance games are scheduled is that they are at least Power 5 schools and not Rutgers. Granted SCar is a yearly rivalry game, but the point remains. Whether they are in the top 4 when the first rankings are released is irrelevant. At the end of the day, they'll be in with an undefeated record, as they should, which is why debating where they fall right now is fairly pointless.
Merganzer
Senior

Post by Merganzer »

droop10 wrote:
Merganzer wrote:AS Joey Bucknut Galloway puts it every week, he's sticking with the defending Champ because they were #1 last season and they haven't lost yet this season...
As we've seen, there's no chance that there will be 5 undefeated teams, so barring a defeat, Clemson will be in it. They can't control the fact that the ACC is garbage this year. They scheduled decent non-conference opponents in A&M and SCar. Know when I say decent, I mean not complete patsies. The best you can ask for with how far in advance games are scheduled is that they are at least Power 5 schools and not Rutgers. Granted SCar is a yearly rivalry game, but the point remains. Whether they are in the top 4 when the first rankings are released is irrelevant. At the end of the day, they'll be in with an undefeated record, as they should, which is why debating where they fall right now is fairly pointless.
No doubt, Clemson is one of the top 10 teams contending for the CFP. My only problem with that is; while the other 9 teams are all climbing mountains to get to one of the 3 spaces, Clemson has had its name on the other space since the end of last season, and is just coasting in to it for this season.