How do you like me now!?

Coach O
Merganzer
Senior

Re: HEY USC!!!

Post by Merganzer »

Alan wrote:How do you like me now!?

Coach O
The USC players wanted O like the Ducks players wanted Cristobal. USC went with Sarkisian.
lukeyrid13
All-American
GM: Portland TrailBlazers

Post by lukeyrid13 »

Imagine if USC kept Coach O, they'd have been a top team all this time...and UW wouldn't have hired Petersen and would have kept Sark for another couple of years at minimum. An interesting 'What if' for sure.
squintsdd
Sophomore

Post by squintsdd »

If he were offered the job at LSU I think he would've left USC anyway
Alan
Senior

Post by Alan »

squintsdd wrote:If he were offered the job at LSU I think he would've left USC anyway
He was at usc and wanted the job, they screwed him and...... look at me now, he got screwed a couple of times...keep looking USC, that is my point...... watch out for LSU
squintsdd
Sophomore

Post by squintsdd »

Alan wrote:
squintsdd wrote:If he were offered the job at LSU I think he would've left USC anyway
He was at usc and wanted the job, they screwed him and...... look at me now, he got screwed a couple of times...keep looking USC, that is my point...... watch out for LSU
Maybe I stated it poorly. I think if he were given the head job at USC he still would've left it to go for a head coaching job at LSU. My point being, regardless if the path taken, I don't think he'd be at USC today either way.
Bud Lee
All Pac-12

Post by Bud Lee »

He wouldn't have gotten the LSU offer if he wasn't already on staff. Sad to say that but I think it is true. You has a lot of folks that didn't like the hire, they thought we should of thrown everything at Tom Hermen
Alan
Senior

Post by Alan »

Coach O is one of my all time favorite coaches, just a booming presence....... nothing to do with the spelling of his name looking like Oregon, lol. Also the failure of USC to hire him when they had the chance puts a smile to my face.....
RanDux
Senior

Post by RanDux »

Bud Lee wrote:

He wouldn't have gotten the LSU offer if he wasn't already on staff. Sad to say that but I think it is true. You has a lot of folks that didn't like the hire, they thought we should of thrown everything at Tom Hermen
I'm curious Bud, how both you and most LSU fans felt about the firing of Miles. Did they feel it was time for him to go, or did they feel he was treated poorly? And do you and they feel LSU's resurgence is largely attributable to Orgeron?
ducks5ever
Four Star Recruit

Post by ducks5ever »

I think he told the USC administrators he wanted to be the head coach but he forgot to bring his translator to the meeting :(
Bud Lee
All Pac-12

Post by Bud Lee »

RanDux wrote:
Bud Lee wrote:

I'm curious Bud, how both you and most LSU fans felt about the firing of Miles. Did they feel it was time for him to go, or did they feel he was treated poorly? And do you and they feel LSU's resurgence is largely attributable to Orgeron?
There was a group of people that didn't want him from the start they wanted him fired every year including the championship year. He was never a good fit with some but he won a lot of people over. At the end though I think everyone was ready for a change of direction. The majority was happy that we gave him one more year but after the Auburn game it was clear that it was time.
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13