Helfrich fired as Bears OC

Moderators: greenyellow, UOducksTK1

Phalanx
Senior

Re: Helfrich fired as Bears OC

Post by Phalanx »

Blazers-1977 wrote:The fact that Oregon's quality of play from the Pac 12 Title Game/Semi Final and the Title Game in the 2014 season is partly on Helfrich. Yes if Ifo/Allen were healthy and Carrington doesnt get suspended that game is different , Helfrich's coaching in that title game was terrible in every way.

That 2014 Oregon team from the UCLA Game-Rose Bowl was the best Oregon team ever by far and in one week the team's quality just plummeted in the most important game possible
Disagree. Unless Helfrich could suit up himself and play wide receiver, I'm not sure how he would help a team without either of its starting wideouts. Without them, guys were missing passes and forcing Marcus to try to do it all on his own. And don't get me started on Pellum's defense. What a disaster.

The best duck team I ever saw was 2007 before Dixon went down.
Blazers-1977
Two Star Recruit

Re: Helfrich fired as Bears OC

Post by Blazers-1977 »

Phalanx wrote:
Blazers-1977 wrote:The fact that Oregon's quality of play from the Pac 12 Title Game/Semi Final and the Title Game in the 2014 season is partly on Helfrich. Yes if Ifo/Allen were healthy and Carrington doesnt get suspended that game is different , Helfrich's coaching in that title game was terrible in every way.

That 2014 Oregon team from the UCLA Game-Rose Bowl was the best Oregon team ever by far and in one week the team's quality just plummeted in the most important game possible
Disagree. Unless Helfrich could suit up himself and play wide receiver, I'm not sure how he would help a team without either of its starting wideouts. Without them, guys were missing passes and forcing Marcus to try to do it all on his own. And don't get me started on Pellum's defense. What a disaster.

The best duck team I ever saw was 2007 before Dixon went down.

Nah I think the 2010,2012, 2014 Oregon Ducks were all better than the 2007 version even with Dixon. The 2007 Team lost to Cal at home before Dixon went down who were much worse than 2010 Auburn , 2012 Stanford and 2014 Arizona and barely got passed the weakest USC team in that 7 straight PAC 10 titles run at home .

2010 Oregon only had one bad game in the regular season against 2010 Cal on the road who they still beat while they blew out every other team that year including a 12-1 Stanford team and without the refs taking away Cliff Harris' interception and calling a clear fumble by Cam Newton as down would have won it all . 2010 Auburn were also much better than 2007 LSU or 2007 OSU who played for the title game that year .

2012 Oregon other than one bad game against Stanford utterly obliterated every team that year , including Kansas St at the Fiesta Bowl and if there was a playoff would have won it all. 2007 Oregon would lose to 2012 Alabama by 10-14 points while 2012 Oregon would have beaten Bama

2014 Oregon it depends on what Oregon team you get cause the Oregon team from the UCLA Game- Semi Final game was the best Oregon team I have ever scene and Mariota was at a higher level than Dixon was in that 2014 season.

2007 was just a crazy year with team after team getting upset which put Oregon in a position for that number 2 spot