Titans beat the Patriots...

Moderators: greenyellow, UOducksTK1

woundedknees
All-American

Titans beat the Patriots...

Post by woundedknees »

Thanks to tough running by Derrick Henry, and 2 consecutive turnovers by the Patriots in the last 15 seconds of the game: A pick six by Brady (Throwing from his own end zone), and a fumble on the kickoff return.

Aggravating, though.

The coach inserted #8 for a 2 point conversion attempt with 9 seconds left, then called time ouut to put Tannehill back in... That's just insulting.
Autzen Stadium... Where great teams go to die...Hard!

Merganzer
Senior

Re: Titans beat the Patriots...

Post by Merganzer »

woundedknees wrote:Thanks to tough running by Derrick Henry, and 2 consecutive turnovers by the Patriots in the last 15 seconds of the game: A pick six by Brady (Throwing from his own end zone), and a fumble on the kickoff return.

Aggravating, though.

The coach inserted #8 for a 2 point conversion attempt with 9 seconds left, then called time out to put Tannehill back in... That's just insulting.
#8 was in early in the game and completed a pass.
DuckMastaFunk
Five Star Recruit

Post by DuckMastaFunk »

If Brady leaves, what are the chances Mariota goes to New England?
rockthief
Senior

Post by rockthief »

DuckMastaFunk wrote:If Brady leaves, what are the chances Mariota goes to New England?
That would be a smart move. At worst MM is serviceable. At best he would be the franchise QB.
nogerO
Senior

Post by nogerO »

I’m so upset Tom Terrific and the cheating Belichicks lost-not! :lol: Go Pack Go!
"To give anything less than your best, is to sacrifice the gift." - Steve Prefontaine
woundedknees
All-American

Post by woundedknees »

rockthief wrote:
DuckMastaFunk wrote:If Brady leaves, what are the chances Mariota goes to New England?
That would be a smart move. At worst MM is serviceable. At best he would be the franchise QB.
Mariota could probably be had on the cheap, thanks to the bungling handlers at Tennessee... It likely wouldn't effect New England's draft positioning much, if at all.
Autzen Stadium... Where great teams go to die...Hard!

OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

It's rare I want the Patriots to win, but this time I did. Seeing idiots on social media talk about how it's cause of Tannehill the Titans made it this far aggravated me. The Titans are still not that good in my eyes and Vrabel is a garbage coach. Titans will get crushed by the Ravens, that's gonna get ugly fast.

Mariota will find a better team and will be a superior QB than average Tannehill.
droop10
Five Star Recruit

Post by droop10 »

OregonFan4Life wrote:It's rare I want the Patriots to win, but this time I did. Seeing idiots on social media talk about how it's cause of Tannehill the Titans made it this far aggravated me. The Titans are still not that good in my eyes and Vrabel is a garbage coach. Titans will get crushed by the Ravens, that's gonna get ugly fast.

Mariota will find a better team and will be a superior QB than average Tannehill.
Eh, you're just choosing to ignore the fact that Tannehill has played out of his mind since taking over. It really has largely been due to him. The Titans have the number 1 offense in the league since he has taken over, which is hard to ignore. We all love Mariota, and we can all agree the offenses he's played in haven't been tailored to his strengths, but Tannehill has vastly outplayed him this year. He didn't have a great wild card game, but he was also playing what is statistically one of the best secondaries in recent history.
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

droop10 wrote:
OregonFan4Life wrote:It's rare I want the Patriots to win, but this time I did. Seeing idiots on social media talk about how it's cause of Tannehill the Titans made it this far aggravated me. The Titans are still not that good in my eyes and Vrabel is a garbage coach. Titans will get crushed by the Ravens, that's gonna get ugly fast.

Eh, you're just choosing to ignore the fact that Tannehill has played out of his mind since taking over. It really has largely been due to him. The Titans have the number 1 offense in the league since he has taken over, which is hard to ignore. We all love Mariota, and we can all agree the offenses he's been played in haven't been tailored to his strengths, but Tannehill has vastly outplayed him this year. He didn't have a great wild card game, but he was also playing what is statistically one of the best secondaries in recent history.
I won't disagree that Tannehill has played out of his mind this year, but overall Mariota to me is a better QB. Tannehill, like Foles, had the element of surprise, and I highly doubt it will last. By 2021 he'll be cut or riding the bench somewhere else. Vrabel used Tannehill and the timing of starting him over Mariota as an insurance plan to try and buy himself more time, I'm sure he never thought it'd go this well. But I think the Patriots game was when the Tannehill magic ran out, they just got lucky to win that game cause of Henry and Patriots mistakes. Like I said, Ravens will blow out the Titans then next year I doubt the Titans will make the playoffs.
Merganzer
Senior

Post by Merganzer »

Alan
Senior

Post by Alan »

Merganzer wrote:

I have heard a couple of thoughts and interviews of Marcus today, he does sound like he is saying goodbye in his always classy way.. one media outlet suggested North Carolina being a good fit with Cam being done or close to it and talent around him. I think that would be a good fit but most importantly goodbye Titans! Marcus being benched had nothing to do with how the rest of the season for Tennessee, the O line got heathy, Henry woke up...... tannehill did not pass that much or run he gave the ball to Henry
nogerO
Senior

Post by nogerO »

Next time I want to bet on football I will make sure to consult you. :lol:
"To give anything less than your best, is to sacrifice the gift." - Steve Prefontaine
droop10
Five Star Recruit

Post by droop10 »

Alan wrote:
Merganzer wrote:

I have heard a couple of thoughts and interviews of Marcus today, he does sound like he is saying goodbye in his always classy way.. one media outlet suggested North Carolina being a good fit with Cam being done or close to it and talent around him. I think that would be a good fit but most importantly goodbye Titans! Marcus being benched had nothing to do with how the rest of the season for Tennessee, the O line got heathy, Henry woke up...... tannehill did not pass that much or run he gave the ball to Henry
You all are really downplaying how well Tannehill played. Everyone is letting their love for Marcus cloud their judgment here. Tannehill threw for multiple touchdowns in 9/10 games he started in the regular season. He averaged 260 yards passing per game, so to say he just handed it off to Henry all game is short sighted. They went heavy ball control in the playoffs, but he made plays when he was asked to in each of the first 2 games, and didn’t really have a bad game against the Chiefs. As much as we all love Marcus, it’s time to come to the realization he’s only an average NFL QB. Maybe in the right system he’ll thrive, and I hope that happens, but he’s not going to be a guy that should be relied upon to carry his team.
Alan
Senior

Post by Alan »

droop10 wrote:
Alan wrote:
Merganzer wrote:

You all are really downplaying how well Tannehill played. Everyone is letting their love for Marcus cloud their judgment here. Tannehill threw for multiple touchdowns in 9/10 games he started in the regular season. He averaged 260 yards passing per game, so to say he just handed it off to Henry all game is short sighted. They went heavy ball control in the playoffs, but he made plays when he was asked to in each of the first 2 games, and didn’t really have a bad game against the Chiefs. As much as we all love Marcus, it’s time to come to the realization he’s only an average NFL QB. Maybe in the right system he’ll thrive, and I hope that happens, but he’s not going to be a guy that should be relied upon to carry his team.
Great I happy with Titans dealing with Tannehill and Marcus moving on.... yes multiple OC’s and HC’s ....... average QB, not fair