NFL Playoffs Discussion Thread

Moderators: greenyellow, UOducksTK1

Blazers-1977
Two Star Recruit

NFL Playoffs Discussion Thread

Post by Blazers-1977 »

Lets go Seahawks and hope you guys win another super bowl.

I think for that to happen Lynch must get 100+ rushing yards a game along with Wilson's usual brilliance
Duck07
All-American

Re: NFL Playoffs Discussion Thread

Post by Duck07 »

8 years in a row a Duck has won a Superb Owl.
woundedknees
All-American

Post by woundedknees »

Duck07 wrote:8 years in a row a Duck has won a Superb Owl.
When the Ducks fail to represent at the game, it will fall to Super Bowel status...
Autzen Stadium... Where great teams go to die...Hard!

Phalanx
Senior

Post by Phalanx »

Are there Ducks on the Seahawks? I mean, I know Clowney kind of had to duck out of his way to give the Philly QB a concussion, but other than that?

Here's hoping Armstead and Buckner get rings this year.
Blazers-1977
Two Star Recruit

Post by Blazers-1977 »

Phalanx wrote:Are there Ducks on the Seahawks? I mean, I know Clowney kind of had to duck out of his way to give the Philly QB a concussion, but other than that?

I’m a Seahawk fan not for any specific football reason but mainly cause there is no team in Portland , and so they are the only North Western team . I do root for Ducks Players individually but Team wise I got to root for the Seahawks especially given the fact all my friends in Seattle all root for the Blazers as well.

I first became a Duck fan cause before I was a football fan , I used to watch many things on TV with my dad and he occasionally would would the 4th quarter of Duck games and due to that I became a Duck fan even before I even lol became a football one .
gogreen55
Senior

Post by gogreen55 »

Phalanx wrote:Are there Ducks on the Seahawks? I mean, I know Clowney kind of had to duck out of his way to give the Philly QB a concussion, but other than that?

Ugo Amadi has played in every game for the Seahawks this season, primarily on special teams. Ed Dickson is also on the injured reserve.
nogerO
Senior

Post by nogerO »

Go Pack Go! Seachickens? I hate all things Seattle.
"To give anything less than your best, is to sacrifice the gift." - Steve Prefontaine
Blazers-1977
Two Star Recruit

Post by Blazers-1977 »

nogerO wrote:Go Pack Go! Seachickens? I hate all things Seattle.
Why , I get hating them in college ball but pros and college ball are different . All my friends who dislike the Ducks who are from Seattle are all Blazers fans and when the Ducks don’t play another team from the North West they root for the Ducks . I was with a bunch of them during the Rose Bowl this year and they all rooted for the Ducks .

I have been to Seattle many many times and it’s very very similar to Portland in city culture also
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

Screw the Seattle Huskies. Go 49ers!
Merganzer
Senior

Post by Merganzer »

Been a Seahawks fan since Jim Zorn. Went to lots of games in the Kingdome... Largent, Easley, Walter Jones. 49ers weren't on the radar in the early years as the Seahawks were in the AFC West, big games were against the Raiders, Broncos, Chargers, led by Fouts.
For this season, take care of the Packers and meet the 49ers in SF, Seahawks are inches away from a sweep this season already.
Phalanx
Senior

Post by Phalanx »

I love watching the intros every week for the 49ers' defense: "Arik Armstead - Oregon", "Deforest Buckner - Oregon". Anchors of one of the best defensive lines in football. They both made great plays (including one sack each)today in a playoff win vs. the Vikings. I understand that most here are Seahawk fans (although why Oregon fans like any team from Seattle is beyond me), but these two guys are doing by far the best repping for the ducks in the NFL.
Tray Dub
All Pac-12

Post by Tray Dub »

Jimmy G is a mediocre QB but quarterbacks worse than him have won super bowls. That 49ers D is stout, Shanahan is as good a coach as anyone, and they've been tested and come through as much as anyone this year. I'm a believer.
Everythingsducky
Senior

Post by Everythingsducky »

OregonFan4Life wrote:Screw the Seattle Huskies. Go 49ers!
With you on that. Lived in SF ‘88-‘91, roommates parents had season tix, got to go to games, and attend the Market Street championship parade. Niners fan for life.
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

Never imagined Tennessee crushing Baltimore like this. Tannehill is such a lucky person, average at best QB with a team that’s playing out of their minds. Marcus has to play out of his mind with a below average team to win a playoff game. Oregon QB’s have terrible luck in the NFL.
Merganzer
Senior

Post by Merganzer »

Phalanx wrote:I love watching the intros every week for the 49ers' defense: "Arik Armstead - Oregon", "Deforest Buckner - Oregon". Anchors of one of the best defensive lines in football. They both made great plays (including one sack each)today in a playoff win vs. the Vikings. I understand that most here are Seahawk fans (although why Oregon fans like any team from Seattle is beyond me), but these two guys are doing by far the best repping for the ducks in the NFL.
I guess is pretty advanced thinking 8-) I've hated the Hussies with a burning passion for as long as I knew what one was, Sonny Sixkiller, but I've been a Seahawks fan since their inception, heck, the Mariners too.