How does this play out?

Moderators: greenyellow, UOducksTK1

What will happen to the football season?

They will play conference games only with no fans
19%
They will play with normal attendance by fans.
No votes
They will play but with "social distancing".
15%
The season will be cancelled and played in the spring.
46%
Football (college and pro) is over as we know it.
19%

Total votes: 26
nogerO
Senior

How does this play out?

Post by nogerO »

What will happen to college football this fall?

I think it will be cancelled until spring. The good news is if they do that, and this corona cough goes away the seniors will be able to play to the end of their season, unlike the basketball teams that were not. I also think that after the election (no matter who wins) this will go away quickly.
"To give anything less than your best, is to sacrifice the gift." - Steve Prefontaine
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Re: How does this play out?

Post by OregonFan4Life »

I hope we get a full season in the spring but I’m afraid the most likely scenario is that there will be no college football this season at all.
karlhungis
All Pac-12

Post by karlhungis »

The season will be canceled but I don't think it will be played in the spring either. I don't think it is over as we know it, I just don't think we get any football until next fall at the earliest.
OregonFan4life -
My source just said Chip is officially back!
It will be announced at Autzen press conference tomorrow afternoon!
Anatinae
One Star Recruit

Post by Anatinae »

Looks like JUCO is moving their season to the spring. I think we will have to wait for an effective vaccine.
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

karlhungis wrote:The season will be canceled but I don't think it will be played in the spring either. I don't think it is over as we know it, I just don't think we get any football until next fall at the earliest.
The Spring Plan is there so people can cling to the hope of it all. I believe its also based in part on the 1918 Flu Model and its absurd to use that timeline but I also think contrary to that, that its also possible we play in the Spring because we could reach a point where we accept a certain number of deaths and illness as countries like Sweden have gone about things differently and we decide we can change too.