Questions Thread

You can talk about all sim related stuff here.

Moderators: UOducksTK1, Zyme, lukeyrid13, Oregon Ownage

rpmunn
Four Star Recruit
GM: Washington Bullets

Re: Questions Thread

Post by rpmunn »

At some point does the Hall of Fame page come into play? I would like to see some of the better players from the past seasons in there.
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

rpmunn wrote:At some point does the Hall of Fame page come into play? I would like to see some of the better players from the past seasons in there.
I think a player needs 20,000 hof points to get inducted. And apparently, none have yet? (Broph correct me if I'm wrong)

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
Zyme
All Pac-12
GM: New York Knicks GM

Post by Zyme »

UOducksTK1 wrote:
rpmunn wrote:At some point does the Hall of Fame page come into play? I would like to see some of the better players from the past seasons in there.
I think a player needs 20,000 hof points to get inducted. And apparently, none have yet? (Broph correct me if I'm wrong)
On my records, I have 12 players in the HOF. There should be some, I would double check.
DASL1 Rings: '93, '94

K's HOF:
Mark "Wholly Mammoth" Eaton | Retired 2002, age 44: 24 min/8pts/8reb/1stl/2.5 blks/1 TO
Michael "Sweet Home" Ansley | Retired 2007, age 42: 33 min/16pts/8 reb/1.5stl/.5 blks/.5 TO Lifetime .550 shooting %
Gheorghe "Ghiţă (Ghitza, Little George)" Mureșan | Retired 2008, age 36: 35Min/16.2pt/12.2reb/2.1ast/1.6stl/2.9blk/1.3TO (.461/.715/.000)
catch 922
Four Star Recruit
GM: Washington Bullets GM

Post by catch 922 »

This question may have already been asked but does giving a younger player playing time during the season actually attribute to development during offseason or is it entirely just offseason rng?
Zyme
All Pac-12

Post by Zyme »

catch 922 wrote:This question may have already been asked but does giving a younger player playing time during the season actually attribute to development during offseason or is it entirely just offseason rng?
Playing time has 0 correlation to development

K's HOF:
Mark "Wholly Mammoth" Eaton | Retired 2002, age 44: 24 min/8pts/8reb/1stl/2.5 blks/1 TO
Michael "Sweet Home" Ansley | Retired 2007, age 42: 33 min/16pts/8 reb/1.5stl/.5 blks/.5 TO Lifetime .550 shooting %
Gheorghe "Ghiţă (Ghitza, Little George)" Mureșan | Retired 2008, age 36: 35Min/16.2pt/12.2reb/2.1ast/1.6stl/2.9blk/1.3TO (.461/.715/.000)
Goose!
Five Star Recruit

Post by Goose! »

Anyone care to explain how changing a player's position affects their abilities? Never quite understood that.
Brophdog88
Senior
GM: Denver Nuggets

Post by Brophdog88 »

UOducksTK1 wrote:
My method for dealing with HOF was to give anybody even remotely close the points needed (say around 31 or so) manually, then let the league vote on HOF, and put the pages in their own section
Denver Nuggets DASL GM
Goose!
Five Star Recruit

Post by Goose! »

Goose! wrote:Anyone care to explain how changing a player's position affects their abilities? Never quite understood that.
Bump.
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by UOducksTK1 »

Goose! wrote:
Goose! wrote:Anyone care to explain how changing a player's position affects their abilities? Never quite understood that.
Bump.
Do you mean, why the defense goes up or down? Or just in general?

Goose!
Five Star Recruit

Post by Goose! »

UOducksTK1 wrote:
Goose! wrote:
Bump.
Yeah, like I've seen people say that player X, who's a SF for example, has an improved defense when his position is changed to SG.
Brophdog88
Senior
GM: Denver Nuggets

Post by Brophdog88 »

Goose! wrote:
UOducksTK1 wrote:
Goose! wrote:
Bump.
Yeah, like I've seen people say that player X, who's a SF for example, has an improved defense when his position is changed to SG.
because the defensive rating is calculated differently at each position. There are 6 ratings taken into account for defense. Quickness, Steals, Blocks, Post Defense, Perimeter Defense, Drive Defense. Obviously as you move to smaller quicker players, post defense and blocks matter less, while Steals, perimeter Defense become key. (In fact blocks have 0 role in PG defense). Centers are only allowed to have a max perimeter Defense of 75, PF's a max of 80, while SG's and PG's are limited on Post defense (though I'm not quite sure what the numbers are there). So moving a player could drop their rating in one of those categories potentially, but in general it won't affect in any way how the player plays at the position, just what his rating is, since its relative to that position.
Denver Nuggets DASL GM
Oregon Ownage
All-American
GM: Dallas Mavericks

Post by Oregon Ownage »

What happens when we sim to present day? We continue with random players? Reset and start a new league? Combination of current players and old?

Rook wants to know
Zyme
All Pac-12

Post by Zyme »

Oregon Ownage wrote:What happens when we sim to present day? We continue with random players? Reset and start a new league? Combination of current players and old?

Rook wants to know
Well we can look at upcoming prospects for around five or so years. After that yes I start making randos.

K's HOF:
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by UOducksTK1 »

Zyme wrote:
Oregon Ownage wrote:What happens when we sim to present day? We continue with random players? Reset and start a new league? Combination of current players and old?

Rook wants to know
Well we can look at upcoming prospects for around five or so years. After that yes I start making randos.
Yeah just depends. Sims either go back with retro players or random players. In one of our UOSL leagues, we went about 13 years ahead of present day, and operated with current college, high school, middle school, and even a few elementary school players.

Just depends how we want to take it. But random might be the easiest.

Oregon Ownage
All-American
GM: Dallas Mavericks

Post by Oregon Ownage »

FA Question:

I have cap space and will be putting in offers for players not on my team. So what happens if (example below):

Extend Offer:
Player A - 3 years max
Player B - 3 year 9 mil

Resign:
Player C - 1 yr 9 mil

If Player C who I am resigning signs after the first day will my offer to Player A be gone because I will not have the cap to sign him? Or does it not matter because I extended the offer when I did have the cap space?