Offseason Discussion/League Improvements

You can talk about all sim related stuff here.

Moderators: UOducksTK1, Zyme, lukeyrid13, Oregon Ownage

dennocj
Five Star Recruit
GM: Indiana Pacers

Re: Offseason Discussion/League Improvements

Post by dennocj »

Oregon Ownage wrote:Can a GM remove an MLE extension on a player that another team put in place before the season starts?

I see both sides of this argument but want to hear what others have to say about it.
I say as along as it's during the normal MLE extension time then yes they should be able to
pudgejeff
Senior
GM: Sacramento Kings GM

Post by pudgejeff »

Craig wrote:It's kind of a dick move not to say anything lol.

As a suggestion, if the deadline is Sim 2, then don't process anything until that point. The implication being that GMs can change their minds if they want (or a receiving GM can cancel it) any time before that deadline.

As for this situation, they're both guilty of not paying attention lol. I don't have a good reason for it, but I say just cut him down to expiring for Hawks
I agree it's a complete dick move. It's the Spurs fault for extending and should have to deal with having to trade a non-expiring. In this specific situation I think it should up to the Hawks if they would like to cancel the trade or take on the contract.
The Bean Regime
Senior
GM: Minnesota Timberwolves GM

Post by The Bean Regime »

Oregon Ownage wrote:For reference, the files were not updated with MLE extensions until preseason
Well in that case, I'd probably cut it down to an expiring just this once. :lol:
Oregon Ownage
All-American
GM: Dallas Mavericks

Post by Oregon Ownage »

Moving forward, you have up until sim 2 to edit your extension. After that, it is locked in.
Oregon Ownage
All-American

Post by Oregon Ownage »

Waiver system or continue a previous(first to claim)?

I like the waiver system to remove luck (being the first to claim) when a player is cut. If a player pass through waivers without being claimed then it is business as usual. If you do claim, you inherent the players salary on the previous team. (Can't claim if it puts you over)

Team with the worst record would then be awarded the player.
Craig
Senior
GM: Phoenix Suns GM

Post by Craig »

You need to be under soft cap for waiver claims, no?
SUNS GM
pudgejeff
Senior
GM: Sacramento Kings GM

Post by pudgejeff »

Craig wrote:You need to be under soft cap for waiver claims, no?
Doesn't sound like it.
Marzeial
Freshman
GM: Atlanta Hawks

Post by Marzeial »

I really like the waivers idea. Like they have a day or two to pass through. Especially since this is a more casual league and everyone isn't on every hour it allows everyone a chance to put in a claim
Oregon Ownage
All-American

Post by Oregon Ownage »

pudgejeff wrote:
Doesn't sound like it.
No you do not have to be under the soft cap to put in a claim.
Oregon Ownage
All-American

Post by Oregon Ownage »

Oregon Ownage wrote:
pudgejeff wrote:
Doesn't sound like it.
No you do not have to be under the soft cap to put in a claim.
Case in point this year, no one would be able to put a claim in :lol:
Oregon Ownage
All-American

Post by Oregon Ownage »

Marzeial wrote:I really like the waivers idea. Like they have a day or two to pass through. Especially since this is a more casual league and everyone isn't on every hour it allows everyone a chance to put in a claim
I was thinking 24 hours or 1 sim. Most of the time it is the same but for days I dont sim, I can still award a claim.
The Bean Regime
Senior
GM: Minnesota Timberwolves GM

Post by The Bean Regime »

Business as usual meaning a typical cut? :)

Also, will the team be able to ask for anything on the waiver? If it's only straight waivers and your prize is potentially getting rid of a contract, then I support it. I don't like waiver systems where a waiving team can ask for or give things with the player. Also don't like the "can only claim player x if you also claim player y" thing.

ALSOOOOOOO, I propose if it is implemented, to only allow waivers between days 1-99 (as to say, none past the trade deadline, playoffs, or offseason).
Oregon Ownage
All-American

Post by Oregon Ownage »

The Bean Regime wrote:Business as usual meaning a typical cut? :)
Yes
The Bean Regime wrote:Also, will the team be able to ask for anything on the waiver? If it's only straight waivers and your prize is potentially getting rid of a contract, then I support it. I don't like waiver systems where a waiving team can ask for or give things with the player. Also don't like the "can only claim player x if you also claim player y" thing.
While you are ridding the contract, you still take the cut loss (I.E, cut a player on a 2.3 mil salary, you are still docked 2.3 mil. It doesnt magically disappear)
The Bean Regime wrote:ALSOOOOOOO, I propose if it is implemented, to only allow waivers between days 1-99 (as to say, none past the trade deadline, playoffs, or offseason).
Would work just like a trade deadline
Craig
Senior

Post by Craig »

Also, will the team be able to ask for anything on the waiver? If it's only straight waivers and your prize is potentially getting rid of a contract, then I support it. I don't like waiver systems where a waiving team can ask for or give things with the player. Also don't like the "can only claim player x if you also claim player y" thing.

ALSOOOOOOO, I propose if it is implemented, to only allow waivers between days 1-99 (as to say, none past the trade deadline, playoffs, or offseason).
This
SUNS GM
Craig
Senior

Post by Craig »

Oregon Ownage wrote:
Yes
The Bean Regime wrote:Also, will the team be able to ask for anything on the waiver? If it's only straight waivers and your prize is potentially getting rid of a contract, then I support it. I don't like waiver systems where a waiving team can ask for or give things with the player. Also don't like the "can only claim player x if you also claim player y" thing.
While you are ridding the contract, you still take the cut loss (I.E, cut a player on a 2.3 mil salary, you are still docked 2.3 mil. It doesnt magically disappear)
The Bean Regime wrote:ALSOOOOOOO, I propose if it is implemented, to only allow waivers between days 1-99 (as to say, none past the trade deadline, playoffs, or offseason).
Would work just like a trade deadline
so what is the point, then, exactly?
SUNS GM