Offseason Discussion/League Improvements

You can talk about all sim related stuff here.

Moderators: UOducksTK1, Zyme, lukeyrid13, Oregon Ownage

Oregon Ownage
All-American
GM: Dallas Mavericks

Re: Offseason Discussion/League Improvements

Post by Oregon Ownage »

Oregon Ownage wrote:
Brophdog88 wrote:I moved Marlon Maxey from PF to SF, which would have been legal even in the new system. Really wasn't a journeyman though, I drafted him, and he stuck with me for a very long time. Notes even mentioned his steals.

Yes I gamed the system some by moving Lee to SF, though I did look up to see if he was ever a listed SF in his career (early on there was an article where he discussed they were trying him at SF more). But it was definitely because he had an advantage there, while he wasn't effective at PF/C

One big thing though....you can't institute this in season, it should be an offseason switch only
I agree to this and thought about it but the sole reason why I felt it should start now is that I want to avoid the wild wild west for the rest of the season.

I had a feeling if the ruling started next season, alot of people would get "creative" with their lineups knowing the rule was put in place and also out of curiosity they would see if they had someone who could game the system.

By starting the rule now, I avoid this issue now and ensure a fair playground in the playoffs.
Others thoughts on this
Craig
Senior
GM: Phoenix Suns GM

Post by Craig »

I don't see what the difference is. Nobody is building their teams around Cs at SF. The only person who was doing it, quit. Let's not act like there's any actual impact to anyone where these last 30 days people are gonna have to be scrambling to re-shape their roster.
SUNS GM
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

Craig wrote:I don't see what the difference is. Nobody is building their teams around Cs at SF. The only person who was doing it, quit. Let's not act like there's any actual impact to anyone where these last 30 days people are gonna have to be scrambling to re-shape their roster.
It's the principle.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
pistolpetejr
Senior
GM: Los Angeles Clippers

Post by pistolpetejr »

Oregon Ownage wrote:
Oregon Ownage wrote:
Brophdog88 wrote:I moved Marlon Maxey from PF to SF, which would have been legal even in the new system. Really wasn't a journeyman though, I drafted him, and he stuck with me for a very long time. Notes even mentioned his steals.

Yes I gamed the system some by moving Lee to SF, though I did look up to see if he was ever a listed SF in his career (early on there was an article where he discussed they were trying him at SF more). But it was definitely because he had an advantage there, while he wasn't effective at PF/C

One big thing though....you can't institute this in season, it should be an offseason switch only
I agree to this and thought about it but the sole reason why I felt it should start now is that I want to avoid the wild wild west for the rest of the season.

I had a feeling if the ruling started next season, alot of people would get "creative" with their lineups knowing the rule was put in place and also out of curiosity they would see if they had someone who could game the system.

By starting the rule now, I avoid this issue now and ensure a fair playground in the playoffs.
Others thoughts on this
inb4 dave rages
---

PistolPeteJR
dennocj
Five Star Recruit
GM: Indiana Pacers

Post by dennocj »

This rule change is completely different than any of the past rule changes. As Ownage posted earlier, the Cavs were a sub .500 team with Gasol at C. Since the switch to SF they've won quite a few close games. If those games swing the other way then the whole playoff picture could be completely different.
BucksGM
Five Star Recruit
GM: Milwaukee Bucks

Post by BucksGM »

I'm surprised how big of an issue this has even become. Wish Dave would have stayed, but it is what it is. Time to move on.
QuackQuack
One Star Recruit

Post by QuackQuack »

When was the last salary cap increase?
Oregon Ownage
All-American

Post by Oregon Ownage »

QuackQuack wrote:When was the last salary cap increase?
Is there something in water in Cleveland? :lol:

It was in 01/02 I believe
Zyme
All Pac-12
GM: New York Knicks GM

Post by Zyme »

Oregon Ownage wrote:
QuackQuack wrote:When was the last salary cap increase?
Is there something in water in Cleveland? :lol:

It was in 01/02 I believe
IKR?
DASL1 Rings: '93, '94

K's HOF:
Mark "Wholly Mammoth" Eaton | Retired 2002, age 44: 24 min/8pts/8reb/1stl/2.5 blks/1 TO
Michael "Sweet Home" Ansley | Retired 2007, age 42: 33 min/16pts/8 reb/1.5stl/.5 blks/.5 TO Lifetime .550 shooting %
Gheorghe "Ghiţă (Ghitza, Little George)" Mureșan | Retired 2008, age 36: 35Min/16.2pt/12.2reb/2.1ast/1.6stl/2.9blk/1.3TO (.461/.715/.000)
Oregon Ownage
All-American

Post by Oregon Ownage »

Can a GM remove an MLE extension on a player that another team put in place before the season starts?

I see both sides of this argument but want to hear what others have to say about it.
pudgejeff
Senior
GM: Sacramento Kings GM

Post by pudgejeff »

Oregon Ownage wrote:Can a GM remove an MLE extension on a player that another team put in place before the season starts?

I see both sides of this argument but want to hear what others have to say about it.
I say no.
The Bean Regime
Senior
GM: Minnesota Timberwolves GM

Post by The Bean Regime »

pudgejeff wrote:
Oregon Ownage wrote:Can a GM remove an MLE extension on a player that another team put in place before the season starts?

I say no.
Ditto!

Feel like once it goes through, it's done.

Was going to say it was odd to not mention it to the GM, but it looks like the roster would have been updated when the trade was posted, so no real reason to expect the other GM was unaware of the extension.
Oregon Ownage
All-American

Post by Oregon Ownage »

For reference, the files were not updated with MLE extensions until preseason
BucksGM
Five Star Recruit
GM: Milwaukee Bucks

Post by BucksGM »

The only way I could see allowing a GM to remove it is if they weren't aware of the extension prior to the trade.
Craig
Senior
GM: Phoenix Suns GM

Post by Craig »

It's kind of a dick move not to say anything lol.

As a suggestion, if the deadline is Sim 2, then don't process anything until that point. The implication being that GMs can change their minds if they want (or a receiving GM can cancel it) any time before that deadline.

As for this situation, they're both guilty of not paying attention lol. I don't have a good reason for it, but I say just cut him down to expiring for Hawks
SUNS GM