How to Post a Depth Chart

Post by UOducksTK1 »

Here's how to post a DC:

C: 1st String / 2nd String / 3rd String
PF: 1st String / 2nd String / 3rd String
SF: 1st String / 2nd String / 3rd String
SG: 1st String / 2nd String / 3rd String
PG: 1st String / 2nd String / 3rd String

IR: Inactive players: You may only have 12 active players on your roster.

Scoring Options.
1. Option #1
2. Option #2
3. Option #3

Pace: Very Slow/Slow/Normal/Fast/Very Fast
Trap: Never/Sometimes/Normal/Often/Always
Press: Never/Sometimes/Normal/Often/Always
Focus: Inside/Balanced/Outside

Pace: Pace is the overall speed at which your team plays the game. Teams running a faster pace will be more likely to take the first good shot that they can find. Teams with a slow pace will be more patient and will spend more time looking for a good shot. (Fast-Normal-Slow)

Trap Frequency: This is how often your team will apply extra defensive pressure in a half-court setting. The benefit is that you will be more likely to get steals. However, it also will cause your players to become tired faster and can also lead to increased fouls. (Always-Often-Normal-Sometimes-Never)

Press Frequency: This is how often your team will apply extra defensive pressure in backcourt. The benefit is that you will be more likely to get steals. However, it also will cause your players to become tired faster and can also lead to increased fouls. (Always-Often-Normal-Sometimes-Never)

Offense Focus: Players will be more likely to attempt shots in the area you set for the offensive focus. A balanced focus will not give special attention to any locations. (Outside-Balanced-Inside)

Key Players: Your team will give extra effort to get the ball into the hands of your key players. These players are more likely to handle the ball when your team is on offense. It is usually best to set either your better ball handlers or better scorers as key players. You must list three separate key players.

Rules
You may never CPU your Depth Chart. You will be penalized for attempting to do so or refusing to post a DC.

You may not play any non listed PG at PG without approval.

BOLD CHANGES!!!

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
Boom
All Pac-12
GM: Houston Rockets

Re: How to Post a Depth Chart

Post by Boom »

What happens if you play guys out of position?
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

Boom wrote:What happens if you play guys out of position?
Just added the rule that you may not play any non-PG players at the PG position. Flaw in FBB allows SGs/SFs with really good handles to absolutely dominate.

Anything else, as long as it's within reasoning, that's fine. If I see anything abnormal, I'll definitely let you know. Just try your best to do a winning DC, and we'll go from there.

lukeyrid13
All-American
GM: Portland TrailBlazers

Post by lukeyrid13 »

Sometimes their defense may drop, if you played say a PF at SF you should probably expect his defense to go down.
pudgejeff
Senior
GM: Sacramento Kings GM

Post by pudgejeff »

lukeyrid13 wrote:Sometimes their defense may drop, if you played say a PF at SF you should probably expect his defense to go down.
What if I played PG at SG?
Zyme
All Pac-12
GM: New York Knicks GM

Post by Zyme »

pudgejeff wrote:
lukeyrid13 wrote:Sometimes their defense may drop, if you played say a PF at SF you should probably expect his defense to go down.
What if I played PG at SG?
no problems there, its is the other way around that causes issues.
DASL1 Rings: '93, '94

K's HOF:
Mark "Wholly Mammoth" Eaton | Retired 2002, age 44: 24 min/8pts/8reb/1stl/2.5 blks/1 TO
Michael "Sweet Home" Ansley | Retired 2007, age 42: 33 min/16pts/8 reb/1.5stl/.5 blks/.5 TO Lifetime .550 shooting %
Gheorghe "Ghiţă (Ghitza, Little George)" Mureșan | Retired 2008, age 36: 35Min/16.2pt/12.2reb/2.1ast/1.6stl/2.9blk/1.3TO (.461/.715/.000)
Zyme
All Pac-12
GM: New York Knicks GM

Post by Zyme »

The only real problems happens with SG/SF with high scoring to PG break the engine and moving any forward to G can nuke their rebounding (guards have a preset cap for rebounding)
DASL1 Rings: '93, '94

K's HOF:
Mark "Wholly Mammoth" Eaton | Retired 2002, age 44: 24 min/8pts/8reb/1stl/2.5 blks/1 TO
Michael "Sweet Home" Ansley | Retired 2007, age 42: 33 min/16pts/8 reb/1.5stl/.5 blks/.5 TO Lifetime .550 shooting %
Gheorghe "Ghiţă (Ghitza, Little George)" Mureșan | Retired 2008, age 36: 35Min/16.2pt/12.2reb/2.1ast/1.6stl/2.9blk/1.3TO (.461/.715/.000)
Brophdog88
Senior
GM: Denver Nuggets

Post by Brophdog88 »

Ducky, the non PG rule should really only be starters right?
Denver Nuggets DASL GM
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

Brophdog88 wrote:Ducky, the non PG rule should really only be starters right?
I'm OK with this unless you are trying to tank. My only other fear is if the starter goes down, then the backup (out of position) would play PG. If a starter goes down and you don't adjust your DC, then I'll switch him out myself.

Let's just roll with that for now.