2 top 5 picks and a #9 pick? Yikes.

Love it for grizz.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
BucksGM
Five Star Recruit
GM: Milwaukee Bucks

Re: Seattle - Vancouver Trades

Post by BucksGM »

A lot of big trades in the last week or so. I like it.
pistolpetejr
Senior
GM: Los Angeles Clippers

Post by pistolpetejr »

Accept.
---

PistolPeteJR
pistolpetejr
Senior

Post by pistolpetejr »

Think I need to cut 5 lol:

Cut Jerami Grant, Jalek Felton, Robin Lopez, Immanuel Quickley, JJ Hickson.

Correct me if I'm wrong please. I'd like to keep Hickson and Quickley if possible lol :P
---

PistolPeteJR
Cellar-door
Senior
GM: Charlotte Hornets

Post by Cellar-door »

Man, that Seattle pick looked so good after the first sim.
Hornets GM
eddy_zamora
Four Star Recruit
GM: Seattle Supersonics GM

Post by eddy_zamora »

I don’t know about this one.
SUPERSONICS GM
Oregon Ownage
All-American
GM: Dallas Mavericks

Post by Oregon Ownage »

Take the fluff out and you have this:

Grizzlies send:
Joseph
Noel

Sonics send:
Jackson
Dort
Garland
Murray

I do this trade if im in the Sonics situation. Noel is an upgrade on Jackson and Joseph on Garland. Without his pick this year, they have to improve and I think they do. Noel, Bagley, Joseph is better than what he had before. No depth but you can find pieces somewhere for cheap
pistolpetejr
Senior

Post by pistolpetejr »

Oregon Ownage wrote:Take the fluff out and you have this:

Grizzlies send:
Joseph
Noel

Sonics send:
Jackson
Dort
Garland
Murray

I do this trade if im in the Sonics situation. Noel is an upgrade on Jackson and Joseph on Garland. Without his pick this year, they have to improve and I think they do. Noel, Bagley, Joseph is better than what he had before. No depth but you can find pieces somewhere for cheap
Exactly.
---

PistolPeteJR
Cellar-door
Senior
GM: Charlotte Hornets

Post by Cellar-door »

I'm slightly biased since I have Sonics pick, but I think this is the classic case of trading the future for a mediocre present because a team doesn't have their own pick.

The thing is, once you trade your pick, it doesn't mean you have to be good that year, the pick is gone no matter where it lands, the key is longterm success of the franchise.
An expiring Noel and Joseph on a 2 year deal, is pretty bad value for a bunch of talented high draft picks who are on super-cheap deals. The Sonics aren't going to be THAT good after this trade, and if Noel walks they just threw away everything they gained from 3 bad seasons, and set themselves up to be bad again for several years.
Hornets GM
Craig
Senior
GM: Phoenix Suns GM

Post by Craig »

So salty lol
SUNS GM
Oregon Ownage
All-American
GM: Dallas Mavericks

Post by Oregon Ownage »

Cellar-door wrote:I'm slightly biased since I have Sonics pick, but I think this is the classic case of trading the future for a mediocre present because a team doesn't have their own pick.

The thing is, once you trade your pick, it doesn't mean you have to be good that year, the pick is gone no matter where it lands, the key is longterm success of the franchise.
An expiring Noel and Joseph on a 2 year deal, is pretty bad value for a bunch of talented high draft picks who are on super-cheap deals. The Sonics aren't going to be THAT good after this trade, and if Noel walks they just threw away everything they gained from 3 bad seasons, and set themselves up to be bad again for several years.
Agree on parts of your statement but you have to get players to compete. Sonics track record with draft picks has been spotty and he gets proven players in this deal. He also now has cap space to add to this base three he collected. I dont expect playoffs but you never know in this league
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

Oregon Ownage wrote:
Cellar-door wrote:I'm slightly biased since I have Sonics pick, but I think this is the classic case of trading the future for a mediocre present because a team doesn't have their own pick.

Agree on parts of your statement but you have to get players to compete. Sonics track record with draft picks has been spotty and he gets proven players in this deal. He also now has cap space to add to this base three he collected. I dont expect playoffs but you never know in this league
not enough pieces to upgrade IMO. Just think Flduck will be stuck in mediocrity for years to come, vs biting the bullet of not having his pick and trying to be patient and hit the FA market first, THEN doing a deal like this.

eddy_zamora
Four Star Recruit
GM: Seattle Supersonics GM

Post by eddy_zamora »

UOducksTK1 wrote:
Oregon Ownage wrote:

not enough pieces to upgrade IMO. Just think Flduck will be stuck in mediocrity for years to come, vs biting the bullet of not having his pick and trying to be patient and hit the FA market first, THEN doing a deal like this.
Yeah to be honest he overpaid to be mediocre. I gave up Shareef and King for two top-10 players. FL just got antsy and tried to go for the homerun. I can’t blame him, but there’s better deals out there.
SUPERSONICS GM
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

Embid and Russell >> Noel and Joseph. They are younger and better. Again not taking a shot at sonics at all. This just feels forced and unnecessary, all because he doesn't have his first this year.