Senior
GM: Minnesota Timberwolves GM

Golden State Warriors - Vancouver Grizzlies

Post by The Bean Regime »

Warriors send:
Brandon Ingram
Brandon Jennings
Montrezl Harrell
Pick Swap (Warriors get best of Heat, Grizzlies, and Timberwolves 2024 1sts. Grizzlies keep the other two. Determined immediately after lottery)

Grizzlies Send:
Enes Kanter
Luguentz Dort
Oscar da Silva
Malik Newman
2024 Pacers 1st
Pick Swap as described above

Accept. Grizzlies have tried for Ingram every season I think.

I get a very promising and already talented SF in Dort, a top pick with the Pacers pick, a solid 2nd rounder with Silva, a very talented albeit disastrously overpaid C in Kanter, and a potentially better mid-round pick.

I've always been open to dealing Ingram (as I am with everyone), but I never got the right offer. With my team not performing well, limited room to expand, and a lethal rebounding weakness that was not easily fixable, now seemed a solid time to do it.

Kanter prevents me from doing any FA, but any FA other than MLE was never in play really, and I've never been overly concerned with large contracts when that is the case.

Now the Grizzlies have a crazy amount of talent and many young pieces. You're welcome, league. :)
The Bean Regime
Senior
GM: Minnesota Timberwolves GM

Re: Golden State Warriors - Vancouver Grizzlies

Post by The Bean Regime »

Triple checked salaries and such. Should be no issues there. ;)
pistolpetejr
Senior
GM: Los Angeles Clippers

Post by pistolpetejr »

Accept.

Lose out on Dort, and the Pacers sweet 1st, plus another decent pick with the swap, but all in all, gaining Ingram to Ball and Garland and shedding Kanter makes this worth it.
---

PistolPeteJR
TDotDarkwing
Three Star Recruit
GM: Miami Heat

Post by TDotDarkwing »

:lol:
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

lol

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
pudgejeff
Senior
GM: Sacramento Kings GM

Post by pudgejeff »

UOducksTK1 wrote:lol
Can we just reset the league already?
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by UOducksTK1 »

Let's trade perhaps the best player 25 and under, and the franchise of our team for the worst contract in the league, and for two decent young prospects that aren't even the top 3 young prospects on their own team.

i will admit, the Pacers pick is better than I thought at first glance. So if that ends up being a top 3 pick, then at least that's something for Ingram.

But regardless of value, this deal makes 0 sense for the Warriors.

UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by UOducksTK1 »

pudgejeff wrote:
A whole nother conversation, but why? If a league is running strong and is active, I say keep it rolling.

pudgejeff
Senior
GM: Sacramento Kings GM

Post by pudgejeff »

UOducksTK1 wrote:
pudgejeff wrote:
A whole nother conversation, but why? If a league is running strong and is active, I say keep it rolling.
i guess a disagree with the running strong, it for is still active but I wouldn't consider it strong at all right now.
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by UOducksTK1 »

pudgejeff wrote:
UOducksTK1 wrote:
pudgejeff wrote:
i guess a disagree with the running strong, it for is still active but I wouldn't consider it strong at all right now.
If people post DCs, respond to PMs, and are around for FA/Draft, I'm happy.

Oregon Ownage
All-American
GM: Dallas Mavericks

Post by Oregon Ownage »

UOducksTK1 wrote:Let's trade perhaps the best player 25 and under, and the franchise of our team for the worst contract in the league, and for two decent young prospects that aren't even the top 3 young prospects on their own team.

i will admit, the Pacers pick is better than I thought at first glance. So if that ends up being a top 3 pick, then at least that's something for Ingram.

As a fellow GM I agree. Seems to me Warriors want to rebuild and a projected top 3 pick with their own pick hovering around top 7 is a good base to start said rebuild. The Kanter contract will be off the books when those picks are expiring so for a long rebuild it is ok trade off esp. if he gets a star with those picks.

To get Kanter off the books, Grizzlies had to park with a prospect or high draft pick so that makes sense but I would do that all day in getting Ingram.
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by UOducksTK1 »

Oregon Ownage wrote:
UOducksTK1 wrote:Let's trade perhaps the best player 25 and under, and the franchise of our team for the worst contract in the league, and for two decent young prospects that aren't even the top 3 young prospects on their own team.

As a fellow GM I agree. Seems to me Warriors want to rebuild and a projected top 3 pick with their own pick hovering around top 7 is a good base to start said rebuild. The Kanter contract will be off the books when those picks are expiring so for a long rebuild it is ok trade off esp. if he gets a star with those picks.

To get Kanter off the books, Grizzlies had to park with a prospect or high draft pick so that makes sense but I would do that all day in getting Ingram.
Or he could let McLemore and Jennings come off the book, build around Ingram, take advantage of your cap space, enjoy your top 7 pick, and not have the crappiest contract in the world on your team. That makes way more sense.

Not to mention, he didn't even try to shop Ingram around to see what else is available.

Yucky.

Oregon Ownage
All-American
GM: Dallas Mavericks

Post by Oregon Ownage »

This trade will be evaluated/graded after the draft when Warriors make their picks but the team they have now is what they will have moving forward.

Grizzlies get a great talent on a great deal but gave up a potential top 3 pick but more importantly, traded that Kanter contract.

Lets see how it plays out but thanks Warriors for making my division tougher :twisted:
BucksGM
Five Star Recruit
GM: Milwaukee Bucks

Post by BucksGM »

BucksGM
Five Star Recruit
GM: Milwaukee Bucks

Post by BucksGM »

When will Kanter reach his final resting place?