Golden State Warriors - Vancouver Grizzlies

Post Completed Trades Here

Moderators: UOducksTK1, Zyme, lukeyrid13, Oregon Ownage

lukeyrid13
All-American
GM: Portland TrailBlazers

Re: Golden State Warriors - Vancouver Grizzlies

Post by lukeyrid13 »

Gross for warriors. The kanter deal is just so large. I think we need to find a way to void it at cost of several picks to the GM or something.
The Bean Regime
Senior
GM: Minnesota Timberwolves GM

Post by The Bean Regime »

Oregon Ownage wrote:This trade will be evaluated/graded after the draft when Warriors make their picks but the team they have now is what they will have moving forward.

Grizzlies get a great talent on a great deal but gave up a potential top 3 pick but more importantly, traded that Kanter contract.

Lets see how it plays out but thanks Warriors for making my division tougher :twisted:
I won't lie, there is an element of sordid pleasure I get from that aspect of the deal.

He is in my conference though, so I'll get a taste of it later I'm sure.
Oregon Ownage
All-American
GM: Dallas Mavericks

Post by Oregon Ownage »

UOducksTK1 wrote:
Oregon Ownage wrote:
UOducksTK1 wrote:Let's trade perhaps the best player 25 and under, and the franchise of our team for the worst contract in the league, and for two decent young prospects that aren't even the top 3 young prospects on their own team.

i will admit, the Pacers pick is better than I thought at first glance. So if that ends up being a top 3 pick, then at least that's something for Ingram.

But regardless of value, this deal makes 0 sense for the Warriors.
As a fellow GM I agree. Seems to me Warriors want to rebuild and a projected top 3 pick with their own pick hovering around top 7 is a good base to start said rebuild. The Kanter contract will be off the books when those picks are expiring so for a long rebuild it is ok trade off esp. if he gets a star with those picks.

To get Kanter off the books, Grizzlies had to park with a prospect or high draft pick so that makes sense but I would do that all day in getting Ingram.
Or he could let McLemore and Jennings come off the book, build around Ingram, take advantage of your cap space, enjoy your top 7 pick, and not have the crappiest contract in the world on your team. That makes way more sense.

Not to mention, he didn't even try to shop Ingram around to see what else is available.

Yucky.
I agree and I would have done that too but we cant arm chair GM every decision. There are many ways to go about things with your team and Warriors have all their picks, picked up a lotto pick for a rebuild so it makes sense in that way.

We can agree/disagree on every trade and have discussions around our thoughts on them but I dont want it to turn into other GM's telling them what they should do.
eddy_zamora
Four Star Recruit
GM: Seattle Supersonics GM

Post by eddy_zamora »

LMAO Kanter for Ingram
SUPERSONICS GM
The Bean Regime
Senior
GM: Minnesota Timberwolves GM

Post by The Bean Regime »

eddy_zamora wrote:LMAO Kanter for Ingram
Damn. Didn't think of it that way. :oops:
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

Oregon Ownage wrote:
UOducksTK1 wrote:
Oregon Ownage wrote:
UOducksTK1 wrote:Let's trade perhaps the best player 25 and under, and the franchise of our team for the worst contract in the league, and for two decent young prospects that aren't even the top 3 young prospects on their own team.

i will admit, the Pacers pick is better than I thought at first glance. So if that ends up being a top 3 pick, then at least that's something for Ingram.

But regardless of value, this deal makes 0 sense for the Warriors.
As a fellow GM I agree. Seems to me Warriors want to rebuild and a projected top 3 pick with their own pick hovering around top 7 is a good base to start said rebuild. The Kanter contract will be off the books when those picks are expiring so for a long rebuild it is ok trade off esp. if he gets a star with those picks.

To get Kanter off the books, Grizzlies had to park with a prospect or high draft pick so that makes sense but I would do that all day in getting Ingram.
Or he could let McLemore and Jennings come off the book, build around Ingram, take advantage of your cap space, enjoy your top 7 pick, and not have the crappiest contract in the world on your team. That makes way more sense.

Not to mention, he didn't even try to shop Ingram around to see what else is available.

Yucky.
I agree and I would have done that too but we cant arm chair GM every decision. There are many ways to go about things with your team and Warriors have all their picks, picked up a lotto pick for a rebuild so it makes sense in that way.

We can agree/disagree on every trade and have discussions around our thoughts on them but I dont want it to turn into other GM's telling them what they should do.
Sure. Hopefully Bean learns from this and understands our points though. He's active and a good dude.

But I'd still veto lol.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
DrBradBuss
Junior
GM: Detroit Pistons GM

Post by DrBradBuss »

lukeyrid13 wrote:Gross for warriors. The kanter deal is just so large. I think we need to find a way to void it at cost of several picks to the GM or something.
Obviously the contract is not a problem. He's been traded about 5 times since he was signed to it. If someone is crazy enough to sign this contract they should get what's coming to them. No buy out.
Oregon Ownage
All-American
GM: Dallas Mavericks

Post by Oregon Ownage »

The Bean Regime wrote:Warriors send:
Brandon Ingram
Brandon Jennings
Montrezl Harrell
Pick Swap (Warriors get best of Heat, Grizzlies, and Timberwolves 2024 1sts. Grizzlies keep the other two. Determined immediately after lottery)

Grizzlies Send:
Enes Kanter
Luguentz Dort
Oscar da Silva
Malik Newman
2024 Pacers 1st
Pick Swap as described above
Twolves pick is the best so it stays on Warriors
pistolpetejr
Senior
GM: Los Angeles Clippers

Post by pistolpetejr »

Looking back, this became:

Ingram for Dort, #2 pick, +.

Think that's a pretty good exchange.
---

PistolPeteJR
lukeyrid13
All-American
GM: Portland TrailBlazers

Post by lukeyrid13 »

pistolpetejr wrote:Looking back, this became:

Except that the + is kanter , LoL
pistolpetejr
Senior
GM: Los Angeles Clippers

Post by pistolpetejr »

lukeyrid13 wrote:
pistolpetejr wrote:Looking back, this became:

Except that the + is kanter , LoL
But he's in rebuild mode anyway. By the time he's ready to compete, Kanter will have a year left, a juicy expiring that'll be much easier to move.
---

PistolPeteJR