Re: Jazz/Clippers

Post by nray30 »

Accept
pistolpetejr
Senior
GM: Los Angeles Clippers

Post by pistolpetejr »

Oregon Ownage wrote:Dont understand this for the Clippers.

You have other areas of concern than another 30+ SF
Could be that he wants to improve his D (which he really needs) while also gaining more scoring off the bench? Maybe moves Valentine to be a nice sixth man.

That said, is this trade even allowed considering he doesn't have any 1sts in '27 and '29?
---

PistolPeteJR
nray30
Four Star Recruit

Post by nray30 »

I thought that precaution was for GMs who were at risk of leaving? I’m clearly not going anywhere and haven’t had any problems with logging in and staying active, so I don’t think that’s a problem.

This upcoming FA is huge for me, obviously. But the way I thought about it was I can get better with a B potential player and hopeully resign him. If I don’t trade for a player like this then I won’t be able to get him in FA because if I am able to resign the players I have already then I won’t have cap space. I’m trying to be a better team and this is the way that I think will work. That’s my thoughts on this and I understand if people disagree because I was contemplating doing this for weeks now, so I certainly see both sides
Oregon Ownage
All-American
GM: Dallas Mavericks

Post by Oregon Ownage »

nray30 wrote:I thought that precaution was for GMs who were at risk of leaving? I’m clearly not going anywhere and haven’t had any problems with logging in and staying active, so I don’t think that’s a problem.
The rule is you cant trade a 1st more than four years out of our current year so you are fine.
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

Lotto first for an underachieving 31 year old SF who turns it over more than desired? Jazz win.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
Oregon Ownage
All-American
GM: Dallas Mavericks

Post by Oregon Ownage »

I get you dont have your pick this upcoming year so you want to compete but sacrificing your future for this season and the gambling on the following off-season is a tough pill to swallow

It will be tough to move up in the West so hopefully Parker is that defensive force you need.

Pick added to futures thread

Done
nray30
Four Star Recruit

Post by nray30 »

UOducksTK1 wrote:Lotto first for an underachieving 31 year old SF who turns it over more than desired? Jazz win.
Won’t be a lotto first. Clippers win

Lol, but ya it’s a big risk. If I’m able to resign the core pieces it will all work out
FlDuckFan
All Pac-12
GM: Orlando Magic GM

Post by FlDuckFan »

I see what the Clippers are trying to do. It's similar to what I was doing when I acquired Tucker , I was hitting up a few teams with Decent SF's so I could get depth. The perfect deal for the Clippers would have been to get a younger guy on a longer contract like I did but those guys are limited. It's a bold move but I was about to offer the same deal until the Kings put Tucker on the trade block.