Five Star Recruit
GM: Seattle Supersonics

Sonics / Hornets

Post by vincent1469 »

Sonics send:
Terry Tyler
MLE FA
Tom Burleson
1984 1st if higher than CHA 1984 1st (if not SEA sends first non-lottery 1st available starting in 1985)

Hornets send:
Cedric Maxwell
1984 1st if lower than SEA 1984 1st (If not, CHA sends a 2nd round pick in whichever year the protected 1st above conveys)

Maxwell is a huge upgrade over Tyler and can be the ideal counterpart alongside English and Buckner. His contract is concering but if he performs and elevates the team I have no problem with it.
Cellar-door
Senior
GM: Charlotte Hornets

Re: Sonics / Hornets

Post by Cellar-door »

Accept.

I really like Maxwell, and think he's been underrated some by my offense and roster (and he's still improving) but I needed to make a choice on salary, and this gives me a lot more flexibility on Cheeks and just the roster in general going forward.

Edit- Please make the MLE Campy Russell
Hornets GM
offtheheezy
Senior
GM: Vancouver Grizzlies

Post by offtheheezy »

:shock:
Oregon Ownage
All-American
GM: Dallas Mavericks

Post by Oregon Ownage »

I see what the Sonics are trying to do but Maxwell is severely overpaid (at best he is a third option but on a max contract) but he is an efficient scorer so I expect them (English & Maxwell) to put up respectable numbers and play very good defense. They need some depth around them to move into the top half of the conference though

Hornets gain cap flexibility without a huge drop in production so I give them the edge in this deal

Added picks to the future thread

Done