2016 Draft Watch

All Draft related information will be here

Moderators: UOducksTK1, Zyme, lukeyrid13, Oregon Ownage

Oregon Ownage
All-American
GM: Dallas Mavericks

2016 Draft Watch

Post by Oregon Ownage »

With the college season nearing a close, names have started to trickle out as to who will be declaring for the upcoming draft.

Domantas Sabonis
Marquesse Chriss
Chris McCullough
Denzel Valentine
Tyler Ullis
Malik Beasley
Jakob Poeltl
Buddy Hield
Wade Baldwin
Kris Dunn
DeAndre Bembray
Dejounte Murray
Ben Simmons
Karl Anthony Towns
Mario Hezonja
Stephen Zimmerman
Jamal Murray

Certainly some surprises and some notable players who have been tight lipped regarding their status
FlDuckFan
All Pac-12
GM: Orlando Magic GM

Re: 2016 Draft Watch

Post by FlDuckFan »

This is when my lack of NBA knowledge comes to hurt me. Think I know 2 of these names.
Oregon Ownage
All-American
GM: Dallas Mavericks

Post by Oregon Ownage »

FlDuckFan wrote:This is when my lack of NBA knowledge comes to hurt me. Think I know 2 of these names.
The great thing about this league is that you dont need to have knowledge of current players. Their notes are more valuable than their real life abilities.

When I started, I had minimal knowledge of players in the late 80's, early 90's.
FlDuckFan
All Pac-12
GM: Orlando Magic GM

Post by FlDuckFan »

Oregon Ownage wrote:
FlDuckFan wrote:This is when my lack of NBA knowledge comes to hurt me. Think I know 2 of these names.
The great thing about this league is that you dont need to have knowledge of current players. Their notes are more valuable than their real life abilities.

When I started, I had minimal knowledge of players in the late 80's, early 90's.
I get that, it's just fun to have players you know. In fact it was the exact opposite with me I remember all the players from late 80's early 90's.
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

FlDuckFan wrote:
Oregon Ownage wrote:

I get that, it's just fun to have players you know. In fact it was the exact opposite with me I remember all the players from late 80's early 90's.
Yeah, I hear ya. It's nice to recognize names. But you know what's fun, as we get further into future drafts, you'll start hearing these names pop up in the NBA and in college basketball in the next few years. I still remember when guys like Theo Pinson and Nigel Williams Goss were like top picks in sim leagues I ran like 10 years ago lol.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
Zyme
All Pac-12
GM: New York Knicks GM

Post by Zyme »

I loved watching Domantas' progress, he went straight to the Lith nat team and I'm really hoping he gets his shot on the Thunder.
DASL1 Rings: '93, '94

K's HOF:
Mark "Wholly Mammoth" Eaton | Retired 2002, age 44: 24 min/8pts/8reb/1stl/2.5 blks/1 TO
Michael "Sweet Home" Ansley | Retired 2007, age 42: 33 min/16pts/8 reb/1.5stl/.5 blks/.5 TO Lifetime .550 shooting %
Gheorghe "Ghiţă (Ghitza, Little George)" Mureșan | Retired 2008, age 36: 35Min/16.2pt/12.2reb/2.1ast/1.6stl/2.9blk/1.3TO (.461/.715/.000)
dave
Sophomore
GM: Cleveland Cavaliers

Post by dave »

There is enough on youtube you can get a feel for some of the guys not to say they will be exact replicas. On the flip side in real life I worked with all these kids outside of Sabonis, Valentine, and Herzonja.

Perhaps I can do a mock draft article.
CLEVLAND CAVS
BucksGM
Five Star Recruit
GM: Milwaukee Bucks

Post by BucksGM »

dave wrote:
There is enough on youtube you can get a feel for some of the guys not to say they will be exact replicas. On the flip side in real life I worked with all these kids outside of Sabonis, Valentine, and Herzonja.

That would be awesome and much appreciated. In what facet have you worked with them?
dave
Sophomore
GM: Cleveland Cavaliers

Post by dave »

BucksGM wrote:
dave wrote:

That would be awesome and much appreciated. In what facet have you worked with them?
I run marketing and pr for a lot of basketball events. Spend a good chunk of time with these kids.
CLEVLAND CAVS