Creation Draft Setup & Discussion

All Draft related information will be here

Moderators: UOducksTK1, Zyme, lukeyrid13, Oregon Ownage

Oregon Ownage
All-American
GM: Dallas Mavericks

Re: Creation Draft Setup & Discussion

Post by Oregon Ownage »

lukeyrid13 wrote:I believe Ownage said potential was mostly based on “perceived” potential at that time. So I personally sought out Top 10 picks from 79 and 80 drafts
Correct. Higher the pick the bigger the potential (depending on year) so a top five pick in 1980 will have pretty much full potential with it decreasing each previous year.
The Bean Regime
Senior
GM: Minnesota Timberwolves GM

Post by The Bean Regime »

I'm ready for Larry Bird-esque Adam Morrison.
pistolpetejr
Senior
GM: Los Angeles Clippers

Post by pistolpetejr »

Cellar-door wrote:
UOducksTK1 wrote:
dd10snoop28 wrote:
Cellar-door wrote:Whelp have my starting 5 likely

Jack Sikma C 6'11'' 250 25 B+ C- C B A- B
David Greenwood PF 6'9'' 230 23 B- C C B B+ C
Cedric Maxwell SG 6'8'' 205 24 B C- C B C+ B
Mike O'Koren SG 6'7'' 207 22 B- C- C+ B- C+ A
Maurice Cheeks PG 6'1'' 180 24 C+ C- B A D+ B

Feel pretty good about it, everyone 25 or under, no real clear weaknesses, everyone with decent D, decent or better handles, we can't shoot from outside much, but who can in this era.
You guys are going to kill it on the boards... scoring will be hard though unless Sikma is a beast.
I like Cheeks and Skima, the rest are less known guys, so hopefully their real life doesn't reflect poorly on their actual potential.
I'd take Maxwell's real career in a second. Spent most of his career as a lesser option just because he was stuck on the loaded Celtics, but his scoring efficiency was amazing, 3rd all time in TS%, basically 13 and 6 as the 4th or 5th option with great efficiency
Part of the reason his TS% was so good is because of the firepower the Celtics had. Teams could only gameplan so much against all the Celtics had firing their way. Great player though.
---

PistolPeteJR
Cellar-door
Senior
GM: Charlotte Hornets

Post by Cellar-door »

pistolpetejr wrote:
Cellar-door wrote:
UOducksTK1 wrote:
dd10snoop28 wrote:
Cellar-door wrote:Whelp have my starting 5 likely

Jack Sikma C 6'11'' 250 25 B+ C- C B A- B
David Greenwood PF 6'9'' 230 23 B- C C B B+ C
Cedric Maxwell SG 6'8'' 205 24 B C- C B C+ B
Mike O'Koren SG 6'7'' 207 22 B- C- C+ B- C+ A
Maurice Cheeks PG 6'1'' 180 24 C+ C- B A D+ B

Feel pretty good about it, everyone 25 or under, no real clear weaknesses, everyone with decent D, decent or better handles, we can't shoot from outside much, but who can in this era.
You guys are going to kill it on the boards... scoring will be hard though unless Sikma is a beast.
I like Cheeks and Skima, the rest are less known guys, so hopefully their real life doesn't reflect poorly on their actual potential.
I'd take Maxwell's real career in a second. Spent most of his career as a lesser option just because he was stuck on the loaded Celtics, but his scoring efficiency was amazing, 3rd all time in TS%, basically 13 and 6 as the 4th or 5th option with great efficiency
Part of the reason his TS% was so good is because of the firepower the Celtics had. Teams could only gameplan so much against all the Celtics had firing their way. Great player though.
Definitely part of it (especially the 2 years he led the league) but he was really efficient later in his career after he left Boston too, he was a great finisher and took mostly good shots. But yeah, in DASL I think I'd be pretty happy if he's a pretty efficient 14/7/2 guy with decent D.
Hornets GM
Zyme
All Pac-12
GM: New York Knicks GM

Post by Zyme »

Oregon Ownage wrote:Per trade with Bullets, Mavericks select Kermit Washington

Bucks are on the clock
His wife was the worst teacher I ever had
DASL1 Rings: '93, '94

K's HOF:
Mark "Wholly Mammoth" Eaton | Retired 2002, age 44: 24 min/8pts/8reb/1stl/2.5 blks/1 TO
Michael "Sweet Home" Ansley | Retired 2007, age 42: 33 min/16pts/8 reb/1.5stl/.5 blks/.5 TO Lifetime .550 shooting %
Gheorghe "Ghiţă (Ghitza, Little George)" Mureșan | Retired 2008, age 36: 35Min/16.2pt/12.2reb/2.1ast/1.6stl/2.9blk/1.3TO (.461/.715/.000)
pistolpetejr
Senior

Post by pistolpetejr »

Lanier
Roundfield
Vandeweghe
Knight
Nixon

Now my starting lineup is starting to take shape. Hopefully Kiki’s oozing with potential and taps into every drop of it lol.
---

PistolPeteJR
pistolpetejr
Senior

Post by pistolpetejr »

Zyme wrote:
Oregon Ownage wrote:Per trade with Bullets, Mavericks select Kermit Washington

Bucks are on the clock
His wife was the worst teacher I ever had
Lol for real?

Nice job on the Meriweather pick. I really like him at first glance.
---

PistolPeteJR
Zyme
All Pac-12
GM: New York Knicks GM

Post by Zyme »

Yelled at students, yelled at parents. Taught at a STEM magnet school in Portland, taught 80% english. Played favorites super hard. Held me kidnapped for 4 hours with school administrators complicit. My parents pulled a dont ever do that again or we sue:

We were in the hall going somewhere. she turned suddenly and I put my hands up to protect myself, guess what is at hand level for a 3rd grader. No idea what I had done (I now know more). I got sent to the principles office, missed lunch, held in the back room, parents were not notified and had a paper put infront of me and asked to write what I had done (aka demanded to write a concession). I sat there sobbing into the page writing I didn't do anything until dad arrived to pick me up after school. My parent were livid and were ready to file kidnapping charges.

TLDR: held a 3rd grader on sexual harassment/assault charges for hours or lunch without notifying parents or any other representation.
DASL1 Rings: '93, '94

K's HOF:
Mark "Wholly Mammoth" Eaton | Retired 2002, age 44: 24 min/8pts/8reb/1stl/2.5 blks/1 TO
Michael "Sweet Home" Ansley | Retired 2007, age 42: 33 min/16pts/8 reb/1.5stl/.5 blks/.5 TO Lifetime .550 shooting %
Gheorghe "Ghiţă (Ghitza, Little George)" Mureșan | Retired 2008, age 36: 35Min/16.2pt/12.2reb/2.1ast/1.6stl/2.9blk/1.3TO (.461/.715/.000)
pistolpetejr
Senior

Post by pistolpetejr »

Zyme wrote:Yelled at students, yelled at parents. Taught at a STEM magnet school in Portland, taught 80% english. Played favorites super hard. Held me kidnapped for 4 hours with school administrators complicit. My parents pulled a dont ever do that again or we sue:

We were in the hall going somewhere. she turned suddenly and I put my hands up to protect myself, guess what is at hand level for a 3rd grader. No idea what I had done (I now know more). I got sent to the principles office, missed lunch, held in the back room, parents were not notified and had a paper put infront of me and asked to write what I had done (aka demanded to write a concession). I sat there sobbing into the page writing I didn't do anything until dad arrived to pick me up after school. My parent were livid and were ready to file kidnapping charges.

TLDR: held a 3rd grader on sexual harassment/assault charges for hours or lunch without notifying parents or any other representation.
Geez man sorry.
---

PistolPeteJR
Cellar-door
Senior
GM: Charlotte Hornets

Post by Cellar-door »

Craig wrote:Suns own pick #106 per below:
http://www.ducksattack.com/forum/viewto ... 27&t=34655

Suns select Mike Bratz at #106
Was really hoping he'd fall to 112
Hornets GM
lukeyrid13
All-American
GM: Portland TrailBlazers

Post by lukeyrid13 »

It’s slim pickings at the PG spot.
dd10snoop28
Senior
GM: New Jersey Nets GM

Post by dd10snoop28 »

At what point are we going to simulate the rest of the draft (or lists if people provided)?
pistolpetejr
Senior

Post by pistolpetejr »

lukeyrid13 wrote:It’s slim pickings at the PG spot.
Why do you think I traded for one lol?
---

PistolPeteJR
HalfManHalfAmazing
Two Star Recruit
GM: Denver Nuggets GM

Post by HalfManHalfAmazing »

pistolpetejr wrote:Lanier
Roundfield
Vandeweghe
Knight
Nixon

Now my starting lineup is starting to take shape. Hopefully Kiki’s oozing with potential and taps into every drop of it lol.
Solidd landing Nixon
Craig
Senior
GM: Phoenix Suns GM

Post by Craig »

dd10snoop28 wrote:At what point are we going to simulate the rest of the draft (or lists if people provided)?
I was gonna ask this too lol

I gotta think maybe 8 rounds max is what we’re gonna get out of this right? It’ll be a poo poo platter to choose from at that point and I feel like everyone will be over it lol
SUNS GM