Board Organization

Here you can find announcements or post suggestions / questions regarding Chat 4 Quacks

Moderators: greenyellow, UOducksTK1

UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Board Organization

Post by UOducksTK1 »

Does everyone like our the different sections are split up and where they are located? Should we have less boards? More boards? Combine a few? Or do you like the way it is?

I'm always curious about this, so please tell me what you think.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
Phenom
All Pac-12

Re: Board Organization

Post by Phenom »

Too many boards...combine a few.

For example instead of having a Track board you can combine it with Other Duck Sports. Also, You can combine Sports Talk with Other Guys. I would also move up Off Topic Other to get more participation.
lukeyrid13
All-American
GM: Portland TrailBlazers

Post by lukeyrid13 »

I think we can/should condense the boards. I honestly didn't know we had a sports talk section until the draft last week. I think we could prolly get it down to 4-5 sections

1. football
2. recruiting
3. other guys/other sports
4. basketball
5. other ducks sports
vagusnerve
Freshman

Post by vagusnerve »

There is so little traffic on here that I think you could go to two boards:

Football &
Non Football

During the offseason there is so little traffic, and during the recruiting season all the traffic's just on the recruiting board. Then regular season just on regular board, just do one board.

Plus, I don't even know what goes on in these other boards... i just hit "view active topics" because there is no way i'm going to navigate several boards just to see if there's any new posts.

Hope i am convincing!
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by UOducksTK1 »

lukeyrid13 wrote:I think we can/should condense the boards. I honestly didn't know we had a sports talk section until the draft last week. I think we could prolly get it down to 4-5 sections

1. football
2. recruiting
4. basketball
5. other ducks sports
That's actually my #1 concern. I'd like this forum to be a better source of other SPORTS discussion especially during when bball and football are not going on. And I think combining other college sports with other general sports and moving it higher up the board would be more beneficial.

BTW thank you all for the feedback, I'm taking everything into consideration.

UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by UOducksTK1 »

Phenom wrote:Too many boards...combine a few.

For example instead of having a Track board you can combine it with Other Duck Sports. Also, You can combine Sports Talk with Other Guys. I would also move up Off Topic Other to get more participation.
This is the route I was leaning towards.

Football
Other sports (all)
Football recruiting
Basketball (includes recruiting)
Baseball
Other Ducks Sports
Off Topic

Then at the bottom, suggestions/questions and I guess I'll leave the quacklist up, but it's used seldom I feel like.

UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by UOducksTK1 »

vagusnerve wrote:There is so little traffic on here that I think you could go to two boards:

Football &
Non Football

During the offseason there is so little traffic, and during the recruiting season all the traffic's just on the recruiting board. Then regular season just on regular board, just do one board.

Plus, I don't even know what goes on in these other boards... i just hit "view active topics" because there is no way i'm going to navigate several boards just to see if there's any new posts.

Hope i am convincing!
I like keeping the main sports (baseball, bball, and football) seperate, but I am in favor in condensing. Definitely.

maxduck
Senior

Post by maxduck »

lukeyrid13 wrote:I think we can/should condense the boards. I honestly didn't know we had a sports talk section until the draft last week. I think we could prolly get it down to 4-5 sections

1. football
2. recruiting
4. basketball
5. other ducks sports
Agree 100%.
GrandpaDuck
Senior

Post by GrandpaDuck »

Where is the LSU sports section?

Myself, I use the "View active topics" option so this doesn't really affect me as long as you leave that feature alone.
Bud Lee
All Pac-12

Post by Bud Lee »

GrandpaDuck wrote:Where is the LSU sports section?
This...or just give me my own board :D

This is my recommendation…..

1 – Duck Sports; most boards I go to will have all of their local team sports in one spot.
2 – College Sports; This is where all other threads about all other college post would go
3- Pro-Sports; all pro sports from things that use big balls to things that use little balls or even no balls
3 – Recruiting ; not everyone follows it but there is enough interest for it to be its own board.
4 – Common area for discussion; Pretty much any non-sport related topic would go here.
5 – Ticket sell / trade board.
6 – New Member / Help board.

As long as you have the above you are good in my opinion. Other board types at other sites that I like include, Fantasy Sport Forums, Outdoor Forums, Food Boards, Political boards, Video Game Forum

I find that if there is a board for it, someone will post on it/about it.
duck55
Senior

Post by duck55 »

UOducksTK1 wrote:

Football
Other sports (all)
Football recruiting
Baseball
Other Ducks Sports
Off Topic

Then at the bottom, suggestions/questions and I guess I'll leave the quacklist up, but it's used seldom I feel like.
Quack list is OK for the few times you have no ticket but could be a thread on the individual sport board.
A separate piss-off personal grudge match board could clear out some of the incessant long winded threads that nobody wants to read.
The boards are actually fairly easy to navigate now and for those who want other sports- they are there for the finding.
Thank you TK ont others for all the work.
TualatinDuck
Senior

Post by TualatinDuck »

Football
Other sports (all)
Football recruiting
Baseball
Other Ducks Sports
Off Topic

This!

Bud is right though about having Political and Video Game forums. I wouldnt condense too much as then you get lost in the sea of where the F does this belong? Off Topic is great and most boards I visit, its used for politics. I find it ironic that this group isnt more political.
"And I can be the warrior for those who are frail and weak,
And I can be the compass for those that search and seek." ~Lem Absher
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by UOducksTK1 »

duck55 wrote:
UOducksTK1 wrote:

Football
Other sports (all)
Football recruiting
Baseball
Other Ducks Sports
Off Topic

Quack list is OK for the few times you have no ticket but could be a thread on the individual sport board.
A separate piss-off personal grudge match board could clear out some of the incessant long winded threads that nobody wants to read.
The boards are actually fairly easy to navigate now and for those who want other sports- they are there for the finding.
Thank you TK ont others for all the work.
Thanks, appreciate the feedback.

UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by UOducksTK1 »

Reorganized, much better IMO. Feedback?

Bud Lee
All Pac-12

Post by Bud Lee »

UOducksTK1 wrote:Reorganized, much better IMO. Feedback?
I was kind of looking forward to having my own board :cry: