Please do something with the NBA league threads

Here you can find announcements or post suggestions / questions regarding Chat 4 Quacks

Moderators: greenyellow, UOducksTK1

UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Re: Please do something with the NBA league threads

Post by UOducksTK1 »

goducks wrote:Thanks for speaking up guys! I am not involved in the NBA league stuff and it was annoying sifting through all of them. Thanks TK for listening and changing the "View active topics" back to what it was before. Great site and great mods, can't ask for much more! :D
No problem! I love browsing this site as much as you guys, so if something hindered my browsing ability, I'd be pretty upset.
Phenom wrote:It's the same on a regular internet browser. I don't have a big problem with it since I'm in the league, but I can see why other people would
It's still broken for you on a normal browser? The "View active topics" section should have the NBA sim league stuff filtered out.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
Phenom
All Pac-12

Post by Phenom »

UOducksTK1 wrote:
goducks wrote:
Phenom wrote:It's the same on a regular internet browser. I don't have a big problem with it since I'm in the league, but I can see why other people would
It's still broken for you on a normal browser? The "View active topics" section should have the NBA sim league stuff filtered out.
Yes.
soduck
Four Star Recruit

Post by soduck »

This sim league has been very annoying. I agree. It has been a slower recruiting season, but it is ruining this board. I don't know why, but other, non NBA, posting has been down, as well. Usually at a time it would be busy. These NBA threads can't help. I use "view new post" as I check the board several times a day. Scrolling though the NBA threads is a pain. I kept thinking it would be over so I did not say anything. But to have this continue through this week and signing day is bad timing.

Thanks for what ever you can do TK1.
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by UOducksTK1 »

soduck wrote:This sim league has been very annoying. I agree. It has been a slower recruiting season, but it is ruining this board. I don't know why, but other, non NBA, posting has been down, as well. Usually at a time it would be busy. These NBA threads can't help. I use "view new post" as I check the board several times a day. Scrolling though the NBA threads is a pain. I kept thinking it would be over so I did not say anything. But to have this continue through this week and signing day is bad timing.

Thanks for what ever you can do TK1.
Trying to get the password to tapatalk for our forum, someone else used to be in charge of it.

Once I have the password, I'll try to talk on the support forum to see what I can do. Got all evening to try to fix it.

In the mean time, manually browsing to "The War Room" forum and just looking for red posts would be the best temporary work around.

UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by UOducksTK1 »

I might have fixed it for tapatalk, can someone confirm?

FlDuckFan
All Pac-12
GM: Orlando Magic GM

Post by FlDuckFan »

Looks like you got it, I can't see any.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by UOducksTK1 »

FlDuckFan wrote:Looks like you got it, I can't see any.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk
Hooray! Anyone else, let me know if you're having problems.

Tray Dub
All Pac-12

Post by Tray Dub »

I've still got the same issue going on. I'm using a regular internet browser. I set it up so that my bookmark for this site takes me to View New Posts, and that's still flooded. Not the biggest issue in the world but yeah, it's kinda annoying.
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by UOducksTK1 »

Tray Dub wrote:I've still got the same issue going on. I'm using a regular internet browser. I set it up so that my bookmark for this site takes me to View New Posts, and that's still flooded. Not the biggest issue in the world but yeah, it's kinda annoying.
Tray Dub, try using this for new posts: search.php?search_id=active_topics

It might not be quite the same, but is shows the most recent posts. And it'll be red if you haven't read them yet. IMO a better alternative than having to sort through all new posts.

Can you email me a link to the 'View New Posts' bookmark you have? Maybe there's something I can do.

duckduckgoose
Five Star Recruit

Post by duckduckgoose »

For me the NBA posts are gone. There was a ton of posts yesterday that I had already read. Today it was all Duck related threads on my unread list. Thanks for the quick fix to this TK!
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by UOducksTK1 »

Glad I could help, sorry about the clutter.