How Can We Improve

Here you can find announcements or post suggestions / questions regarding Chat 4 Quacks

Moderators: greenyellow, UOducksTK1

Oracle
Two Star Recruit

Re: How Can We Improve

Post by Oracle »

cmmadness wrote:I'm looking for a thread titled: "Recruiting for Dummies." Hoping to have a thread for folks like myself who have some questions that others might need not be asked, but rookie may need to ask them. Just a thought.
Just make a post and ask. Some more traffic on the board would be a good thing IMO. It's kinda slow right now.

On edit: I made it for you. Ask away! :D
woundedknees
All-American

Post by woundedknees »

Too bad the site doesn't include a "search" feature, so interested parties could look up related topics or threads by entering basic keywords, such as a player's name or position.
Autzen Stadium... Where great teams go to die...Hard!

VinnyKnuckles
Four Star Recruit

Post by VinnyKnuckles »

woundedknees wrote:Too bad the site doesn't include a "search" feature, so interested parties could look up related topics or threads by entering basic keywords, such as a player's name or position.
Under the banner at the top of the page there is a "Search" link.
woundedknees
All-American

Post by woundedknees »

Doh!

wheaton4prez
Senior

Post by wheaton4prez »

Much smaller allowed footers. The large ones kill the ability to read the forum on a mobile device.
Turn quote nesting off. Just adds unnecessary repetition of what a user can read by scrolling up if they need to.
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

wheaton4prez wrote:Much smaller allowed footers. The large ones kill the ability to read the forum on a mobile device.
Turn quote nesting off. Just adds unnecessary repetition of what a user can read by scrolling up if they need to.
Quote nesting only allows up to 3 quotes per post, which IMO is perfect. quoting can be nice, especially if you are in a discussion with other duck fans and don't want to look back pages to see what they said.

That overly large signatures can be annoying at times, does anyone else have a problem with this?

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
wheaton4prez
Senior

Post by wheaton4prez »

Nested quotes take up a ton of vertical space and creates repetitive text you have to filter past. The main function of quoting is to specify what comment you are addressing. Not to repeat the same context that is already established and available in the thread.

It makes a forum more readable and clean to just use the default non-nesting setting.
brich75
Senior

Post by brich75 »

woundedknees wrote:Frankly, the information exchanged here is phenominal, considering it is a free site.

If you really must get into breast beating matches, please go butt heads on the "Other" Forum provided elsewhere on this site.

By the way, if you think that makes me sound like an aulde fadht, you're right... I'll be 56 in a little more than a month.

I earned the title!

Plus, if you can't post without literally using seriously offensive language, please learn to do so. I have been a logger, saw filer, and a deputy sheriff, so it's not like I haven't hear or read it all.

That doesn't mean it's acceptable.

Keep up the good work, guys!

This is still the best free site for Duck fans!
I can tell you have been a deputy sheriff because you right your post like reports in bullet form.. something oddly familiar about it!
MacDuck
Three Star Recruit

Post by MacDuck »

Mops, I recall reading a while back that you didn't want direct copy & pastes of material from pay sites like eDuck & DSA (premium information). I notice how some here are doing just that by copying premium information (practice report from Scout).

I am a subscriber at both eDuck & DSA. Practice reports that come from the premium boards (or aren't available to non paying viewers) shouldn't be pasted here verbatim IMO. Is that still your policy? Could you address that again since things are ramping up big time now with camp underway?
canaduck
Four Star Recruit

Post by canaduck »

woundedknees wrote:Frankly, the information exchanged here is phenominal, considering it is a free site.

If you really must get into breast beating matches, please go butt heads on the "Other" Forum provided elsewhere on this site.

By the way, if you think that makes me sound like an aulde fadht, you're right... I'll be 56 in a little more than a month.

I earned the title!

Plus, if you can't post without literally using seriously offensive language, please learn to do so. I have been a logger, saw filer, and a deputy sheriff, so it's not like I haven't hear or read it all.

That doesn't mean it's acceptable.

Keep up the good work, guys!

This is still the best free site for Duck fans!
I knew it said Senior under your name for a reason!

Still loving the site, I would agree with TK overly large sigs causing more scrolling is a minor nuisance but that's just me nitpicking lol.
woundedknees
All-American

Post by woundedknees »

The practice reports I posted was free front page material that I posted excerpts from...

desertduck
One Star Recruit

Post by desertduck »

Hey guys, you are doing fine. This site is refreshing after years of " Open Sewer". Keep
up the good work. Thanks you for starting this site as I've finally found a home.
MerDuck
Four Star Recruit

Post by MerDuck »

For those of you having trouble with the large pictures on mobile devices, I am pretty sure there is a way for you to turn off the signature feature if you mess around in your profile settings I did it a while back when I was using my blackberry a lot...

The only suggestion I can make is more of a request to everyone else...(I am probably guilty in the past but I have stopped now)..... Please stop "Quoting" posts on the "A Picture's Worth..." thread because some of those posts you are copying are like 3/4 of a page long so every other page is just a copy of the last one AH! Also try not to just post things like "freaking Hilarious" or " I totaly agree" I mean I understand you may just like something but unless you are going to post something with a little meat to it I don't see the point, I read almost every single thread, however I only post when I have an opinion or some information I think needs to be shared/disused.

Anyways, I will be on this board until you guys shut it down regardless of anything that is annoying these are just my opinions, take em or leave em.

Thanks everyone for helping create the best Ducks site on the Web!
MacDuck
Three Star Recruit

Post by MacDuck »

Since the 2 most popular boards in this forum are probably Kelly's Hereos and The War Room, then it would be quicker navigating if there was a direct link to the other board on both of the 2 sites. For example, instead of always having to go back to the Board index when you wish to change to say The War Room while in Kelly's Hereos, it would be easier if the link was there at the top.
AJ_U
Three Star Recruit

Post by AJ_U »

At the bottom of every page there is a drop down menu that says "jump to" if you select the forum of your choice and hit go it should do the trick.