Can we start a board focusing on women sports?

Here you can find announcements or post suggestions / questions regarding Chat 4 Quacks

Moderators: greenyellow, UOducksTK1

duck92
Two Star Recruit

Can we start a board focusing on women sports?

Post by duck92 »

With the demise of the mill race on educk, there is no board on any site focused on Oregon women sports If we could get tylendel, vuduck and a few of the others over here; it would be a great landing spot and they know what they are talking about.
DuckNV
One Star Recruit

Re: Can we start a board focusing on women sports?

Post by DuckNV »

This is a very good idea. With the women being national leaders in several sports, I started watching softball and WBB last year and have really enjoyed the quality of play.
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

With the exception of the Autzen board, none of them are gender specific. Softball threads get put up in Field of Dreams for example.

If you want to talk about it, just start the discussion. Some people simply use the view active topics thread and others use the individual boards.
pudgejeff
Senior
GM: Sacramento Kings GM

Post by pudgejeff »

I mean, the basketball, softball, and track teams all get their own threads in their respective sports forums.
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

Duck07 wrote:With the exception of the Autzen board, none of them are gender specific. Softball threads get put up in Field of Dreams for example.

If you want to talk about it, just start the discussion. Some people simply use the view active topics thread and others use the individual boards.
This. Other than football, none are gender specific.

Anyone is more than welcome to start women sports threads! Merganzer in the basketball forum, has taken ownership for starting game threads for each women's game, which I think is great.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
nogerO
Senior

Post by nogerO »

The women’s softball team is on a tear. I think they are actually doing better than expected. Well if you think doing better than expected when you start the year ranked #3. :lol:
"To give anything less than your best, is to sacrifice the gift." - Steve Prefontaine
duck92
Two Star Recruit

Post by duck92 »

Imo, it would be easier for existing users and would potentially attract new users if it was a standalone board. It doesn't look like the majority agrees with me, so I'll let it go