Welcome to the new board!

Here you can find announcements or post suggestions / questions regarding Chat 4 Quacks

Moderators: greenyellow, UOducksTK1

UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Welcome to the new board!

Post by UOducksTK1 »

It'll take some getting used to, but I think you all will like it.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
VinnyKnuckles
Four Star Recruit

Re: Welcome to the new board!

Post by VinnyKnuckles »

Cool. This board appears to have a lot more options. I think people will like it once they get used to it.
duckfan96
Senior

Post by duckfan96 »

Will this take the place of Chat4? I really like the look of this board and once again thanks for all you guys do.
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by UOducksTK1 »

duckfan96 wrote:Will this take the place of Chat4? I really like the look of this board and once again thanks for all you guys do.
Yes. I'll probably give people like a week to make the transition to this board, then I'll lock the old C4Q board.

thegreenstain
Three Star Recruit

Post by thegreenstain »

I like the new board, but I personally don't like how you have created two separate forums for "Oregon Football" and "Oregon Football Recruiting." The other board had both of these topics consolidated in one forum, which I prefer personally so I don't have to jump around to two different forums for Oregon football posts. I guess it isn't really that big of a deal though. Maybe I am the only one that feels that way?
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by UOducksTK1 »

thegreenstain wrote:I like the new board, but I personally don't like how you have created two separate forums for "Oregon Football" and "Oregon Football Recruiting." The other board had both of these topics consolidated in one forum, which I prefer personally so I don't have to jump around to two different forums for Oregon football posts. I guess it isn't really that big of a deal though. Maybe I am the only one that feels that way?
The main reason we did this is because the forum on C4Q would get overwhelmed with posts and made it hard to go through posts. Now that football and football recruiting are separated, going through threads/posts will be a lot easier.

MerDuck
Four Star Recruit

Post by MerDuck »

UOducksTK1 wrote:
thegreenstain wrote:I like the new board, but I personally don't like how you have created two separate forums for "Oregon Football" and "Oregon Football Recruiting." The other board had both of these topics consolidated in one forum, which I prefer personally so I don't have to jump around to two different forums for Oregon football posts. I guess it isn't really that big of a deal though. Maybe I am the only one that feels that way?
The main reason we did this is because the forum on C4Q would get overwhelmed with posts and made it hard to go through posts. Now that football and football recruiting are separated, going through threads/posts will be a lot easier.
Agreed, sometimes I am not interested in real football info and I am only looking for wild eyed speculation about who might be eating eggs for breakfast while thinking about coming to Oregon!

Jk :lol:
MerDuck
Four Star Recruit

Post by MerDuck »

On a serious note, It might be a good idea to make the "Register" link more visible. Maybey I am an idiot but I spent a good ten minutes trying to figure out how to register my user-name and password!
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by UOducksTK1 »

MerDuck wrote:On a serious note, It might be a good idea to make the "Register" link more visible. Maybey I am an idiot but I spent a good ten minutes trying to figure out how to register my user-name and password!
Control-f

;)

duckgrad99
All Pac-12

Post by duckgrad99 »

I don't really care, but is there no karma on here? :shock:
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by UOducksTK1 »

duckgrad99 wrote:I don't really care, but is there no karma on here? :shock:
Nope, it's probably better though.I started getting a little tired hearing the karma complaints... And I doubt karma will hinder us from distinguishing who is a good poster around here and who's a jerk.

MerDuck
Four Star Recruit

Post by MerDuck »

Okay...so I totally was writing a post and the forum just booted me back to the index...anyway I was just thinking you could make the register button bigger or bold or something because it seemed kind of hidden underneath the user-name box. What is control-f is that something I should have already known? :?:
gregspechtismyhero
Freshman

Post by gregspechtismyhero »

How do i get an avatar?
In Helfrich, Frost, and Allioti we trust
Image (USA Today Sports)
AIM: hockeygoalie923
OreDucks01284
Senior

Post by OreDucks01284 »

THIS IS AWESOME, THANKS GUYS!
VinnyKnuckles
Four Star Recruit

Post by VinnyKnuckles »

gregspechtismyhero wrote:How do i get an avatar?
The same way you created your signature. The link to edit your avatar is right in the same area.