College Football Fantasy Football

Here you can find announcements or post suggestions / questions regarding Chat 4 Quacks

Moderators: greenyellow, UOducksTK1

hendrg
Three Star Recruit

Re: College Football Fantasy Football

Post by hendrg »

slickajk wrote:I was planning on doing some lite reading before the draft (i didn't and i barely know anyone on my team). I just tried to draft players that were high at there positions or mid major schools who play weaker teams. Did anyone else thing the format was confusing? I have been playing fantasy football (NFL) for the past 13 years and I have never been as confused as I was last night. lol Thoughts on my squad?

Player
Dalton, Andy QB TCU
Pead, Isaiah RB CIN
Todman, Jordan RB CT
Kemp, Wes WR MO
Salas, Greg WR HI
Sampson, DeMarco WR SDGST
Halahuni, Joe TE ORST-- HATE this even more!
Folk, Erik K WA
Southern California DST --HATE this
Reed, Jordan QB FL
Opurum, Toben RB KS
Sims, Charles RB HOU
You have an OK team, Todman's a good player.
Salas was a stud last year, but that's because HI's top WR got hurt, he's back this year so his production probably won't equal last year.
DeMarco is the #2 WR on his team, so limited upside.
Not sure what'll happen with Pead with Cincy's pass attack, could be good though.
Dalton's a very good QB, but we'll see how that translates to fantasy.
I purposely skipped USC's defense, though it was tough, because the could be good.
Sims is the back-up RB, so don't expect a ton out of him.
In a down year for TE, Halahuni's not a bad option...
SuperDuck
Senior

Post by SuperDuck »

blazers2011champs wrote:Kellen Moore was the number one guy I wanted going into this, and I was very suprised I got him late first round. I was thinking about taking him if I had a top ten pick, I wanted him as soon as I knew I was playing, so I'm glad I got him. Last year I got Bradford early and was excited, to only seem him get injured early. My wr's I took guys on top teams and Murray had a good year last year, so I expect him to again this year without Chris Brown share the carries with. Alabama defense will be a good pick, and hopefully the rest since I had the computer autopick my bench.
You got Kellen Moore because I screwed up and ran out of time. I tried to pick him but by the time I figured out how to do it I was too late. It's cool though, I still had a good draft. Ryan Mallett is gonna be a stud!

Mallett, Ryan QB AR - Second year in Bobby Petrino's offense. He may be the first QB taken in the draft. This guy may challenge Case Keenum for total passing yards. No joke.

Ingram, Mark RB AL - Heisman Trophy winner, but he'll be keyed on a lot this year. (See Julio Jones) He should still rack up a lot of yards, though.

Polk, Chris RB WA - I'm NOT a Husky fan, but the guy rushed for over 1000 yards last year and looks to have a breakout season.

Jones, Julio WR AL - With defenses keying on the running game, Julio Jones should revert back to his 2008 form and have a good year.

Posey, DeVier WR OHST - This dude hurt us in the Rose Bowl and Pryor will get him the ball often.

Whalen, Ryan WR STAN - This guy may be a hidden gem. With the departure of Toby Gerhart, Stanford looks to throw the ball more and Whalen has BIG play potential.

Paulson, David TE OR - Stepping in for Ed Dickson. This guy will have an awesome year. Mark my words.

Kahut, Justin K ORST - He was almost the only decent kicker left. :) I'll choose between him and the Texas Tech guy after a few weeks.

Florida DST - Rebuilding, but always stout. Enough said.
Bench:

Gilbert, Garrett QB TX - Mack Brown will have this guy playing at a high level before long.

Williams, Matt K TXTECH - This guy may unseat the OSU kicker very soon. I need to see if Texas Tech is still putting up numbers like they were under Mike Leach first.

Miami (Fla.) DST - Very good defense. They could unseat Florida if the Gators don't step up as I think they will.

There are a couple I may trade out as the season progresses, but I'm actually pretty pleased with most of the picks.
John 3:36
duckfan96
Senior

Post by duckfan96 »

lol I wasnt able to attend the draft...had it on auto draft to pick the next best player available...I got crap for a team I think. haha

qbs: crist from nd and persa from nw
rbs:wesley from tcu,gray from a and m,harris from troy and martinek from rutgers
wrs:cleveland from houston,hankerson from miami, sanu from rutgers
te:kendricks from wi
k: whitaker from stanford
D: clemson

not sure how they will be...but a wr from houston could some good numbers
hendrg
Three Star Recruit

Post by hendrg »

duckfan96 wrote:lol I wasnt able to attend the draft...had it on auto draft to pick the next best player available...I got crap for a team I think. haha

qbs: crist from nd and persa from nw
rbs:wesley from tcu,gray from a and m,harris from troy and martinek from rutgers
wrs:cleveland from houston,hankerson from miami, sanu from rutgers
te:kendricks from wi
k: whitaker from stanford
D: clemson

not sure how they will be...but a wr from houston could some good numbers
Your team isn't too bad considering it was auto-drafted, but you're going to need some help at QB and RB. Work the WW or look for some trade opportunities. I have Potts (Tx Tech starting QB) sitting on my bench, I'd consider a trade for him.
MerDuck
Four Star Recruit

Post by MerDuck »

My team was auto-drafted as well....but I got who I wanted......

Darron Thomas
Jeff M
Oregon Defense

Etc....

I may not win but I will sure have fun!!!
ducklydoright
Two Star Recruit

Post by ducklydoright »

You can count me in.
DJHergert@hotmail.com