GM Lounge

Moderators: UOducksTK1, Zyme, lukeyrid13, Oregon Ownage

dave
Sophomore
GM: Cleveland Cavaliers

Re: GM Lounge

Post by dave »

So many teams trying to win right now. I wish I wasn't because it's a great time to lose.
CLEVLAND CAVS
Oregon Ownage
All-American
GM: Dallas Mavericks

Post by Oregon Ownage »

catch 922 wrote:I've been doing this for 2 years now and one thing that has always confused/baffled me are depth charts. Some that should work don't and others that shouldn't work are magical. Just kind of infuriating I guess and just wish I could wrap my head around it.
I updated the DC sticky post to include what the options mean: (http://www.ducksattack.com/forum/viewto ... 24&t=17268)
Oregon Ownage
All-American

Post by Oregon Ownage »

dave wrote:So many teams trying to win right now. I wish I wasn't because it's a great time to lose.
But the bottom is bad, tough to break through the true tankers
Oregon Ownage
All-American

Post by Oregon Ownage »

I will process TC tomorrow during my lunch break
catch 922
Four Star Recruit
GM: Washington Bullets GM

Post by catch 922 »

We shouldn't be allowed to edit our remaining FA posts, especially if it's going to be first come first serve basis.

I had put down Danny Granger and Marcus Thorton when I posted mine, and I saw that Marzeial had Baron Davis when I completed my post. He edited his within the same minute I posted mine to him getting Danny Granger instead. But because he originally posted at 7:44 it kept his ahead of mine even though his post could have been after mine. By the time I noticed it was 30 minutes later and literally anyone else that I would've picked up over Caron Butler was already gone. You won't see that mine or the Pacers original pickups were different because a mod changed the posts to reflect later posts we had (which were removed by a mod I assume) saying we were picking up different players as a result of the initial edit.
dennocj
Five Star Recruit
GM: Indiana Pacers

Post by dennocj »

catch 922 wrote:We shouldn't be allowed to edit our remaining FA posts, especially if it's going to be first come first serve basis.

I had put down Danny Granger and Marcus Thorton when I posted mine, and I saw that Marzeial had Baron Davis when I completed my post. He edited his within the same minute I posted mine to him getting Danny Granger instead. But because he originally posted at 7:44 it kept his ahead of mine even though his post could have been after mine. By the time I noticed it was 30 minutes later and literally anyone else that I would've picked up over Caron Butler was already gone. You won't see that mine or the Pacers original pickups were different because a mod changed the posts to reflect later posts we had (which were removed by a mod I assume) saying we were picking up different players as a result of the initial edit.
When I logged in to look at the remaining FA's the only two posts were the Hawks and the Pistons. The Hawks post had Baron Davis on it, since I was looking for a backup PG I definitely took note of that because that eliminates one of the options. But after I had looked through and posted Mario Chalmers, I saw that the post was edited and changed to Danny Granger. I don't think the Hawks did this is maliciously, but I bet he was looking through the list again while the Pistons had posted and changed his. Hence why I changed mine to Baron Davis since I'd rather have him than Mario Chalmers. If a decision to keep it as is, I'm good with that, if the decision is to award Danny Granger to the Pistons and Baron Davis back to the Hawks then I'm good with that as well. I'll figure out where to go from there with either decision.
Oregon Ownage
All-American

Post by Oregon Ownage »

catch 922 wrote:We shouldn't be allowed to edit our remaining FA posts, especially if it's going to be first come first serve basis.

Its actually surprising that this hasnt happened yet but moving forward the rule will be that you cant edit your post in that thread and if you want to switch, then make a new post saying thats what you wish to do. That way the timeline will be accurate and easier for all GM's.

I was the one that deleted the pacers and your posts and edited your originals to make it easier on me and to avoid less confusion to others.
catch 922
Four Star Recruit
GM: Washington Bullets GM

Post by catch 922 »

Oregon Ownage wrote:

Its actually surprising that this hasnt happened yet but moving forward the rule will be that you cant edit your post in that thread and if you want to switch, then make a new post saying thats what you wish to do. That way the timeline will be accurate and easier for all GM's.

I was the one that deleted the pacers and your posts and edited your originals to make it easier on me and to avoid less confusion to others.
Yeah I was a little curious as to how it hasn't happened before. And i figured you deleted them for that reason, I just didnt want people going back to the posts and not understanding the situation.

Also i dont really care for changing anything that happened. Just want to prevent future occurences.
Marzeial
Freshman
GM: Atlanta Hawks

Post by Marzeial »

If you want to switch I don't have an issue with it. I can just look for someone else since Baron has been placed and I made the edit.

I went to swap back after I posted and didn't see any other posts so I figured it wouldn't cause issues.
Oregon Ownage
All-American

Post by Oregon Ownage »

Marzeial wrote:If you want to switch I don't have an issue with it. I can just look for someone else since Baron has been placed and I made the edit.

I went to swap back after I posted and didn't see any other posts so I figured it wouldn't cause issues.
Im not going to do that b/c these players went unsigned for a reason. Its not that big of a deal, it took almost 30 seasons for this to happen.
Oregon Ownage
All-American

Post by Oregon Ownage »

Preseason will be late night tomorrow
dennocj
Five Star Recruit

Post by dennocj »

I have a small idea for the draft to try and make it move a little quicker with more guys getting players they truly want instead of having to go off the master list. I realize this is easy for me to say considering i have no idea what all it takes to go through the draft notes and the draft file, but I was wondering if in the future we could try and have the draft file and notes completed prior to the start of the finals. That way more GM's should be able to put together a list of guys and get it sent in. This is just a thought that came to mind. Again, you guys who work to put the file together can tell me to go pound sand with this suggestion
Oregon Ownage
All-American

Post by Oregon Ownage »

dennocj wrote:I have a small idea for the draft to try and make it move a little quicker with more guys getting players they truly want instead of having to go off the master list. I realize this is easy for me to say considering i have no idea what all it takes to go through the draft notes and the draft file, but I was wondering if in the future we could try and have the draft file and notes completed prior to the start of the finals. That way more GM's should be able to put together a list of guys and get it sent in. This is just a thought that came to mind. Again, you guys who work to put the file together can tell me to go pound sand with this suggestion
We try to get it done before the finals but life gets in the way most of the time. Also you would be surprised how few people send in lists.....
dennocj
Five Star Recruit

Post by dennocj »

Oregon Ownage wrote:
dennocj wrote:I have a small idea for the draft to try and make it move a little quicker with more guys getting players they truly want instead of having to go off the master list. I realize this is easy for me to say considering i have no idea what all it takes to go through the draft notes and the draft file, but I was wondering if in the future we could try and have the draft file and notes completed prior to the start of the finals. That way more GM's should be able to put together a list of guys and get it sent in. This is just a thought that came to mind. Again, you guys who work to put the file together can tell me to go pound sand with this suggestion
We try to get it done before the finals but life gets in the way most of the time. Also you would be surprised how few people send in lists.....
I gotcha. I know it's a lot of work to do the draft file, I just thought about it. These past few off seasons the drafts haven't been that bad to be honest
jibbajabba614
Senior
GM: Milwaukee Bucks GM

Post by jibbajabba614 »

Most of the time I have the draft file done early but the past few drafts my schedule got in the way. I like to have the file done early but like Ownage said things happen. I think dave mentions having the file ready during the season that way teams can be prepared. I like that idea and can do so if Ownage wants to.