GM Lounge

Moderators: UOducksTK1, Zyme, lukeyrid13, Oregon Ownage

Zyme
All Pac-12
GM: New York Knicks GM

Re: GM Lounge

Post by Zyme »

jibbajabba614 wrote:Most of the time I have the draft file done early but the past few drafts my schedule got in the way. I like to have the file done early but like Ownage said things happen. I think dave mentions having the file ready during the season that way teams can be prepared. I like that idea and can do so if Ownage wants to.
The plan is never to hav it done last minute. But at least in my case it took 3-5 hours to do th file so it is quit th investment of time
DASL1 Rings: '93, '94

K's HOF:
Mark "Wholly Mammoth" Eaton | Retired 2002, age 44: 24 min/8pts/8reb/1stl/2.5 blks/1 TO
Michael "Sweet Home" Ansley | Retired 2007, age 42: 33 min/16pts/8 reb/1.5stl/.5 blks/.5 TO Lifetime .550 shooting %
Gheorghe "Ghiţă (Ghitza, Little George)" Mureșan | Retired 2008, age 36: 35Min/16.2pt/12.2reb/2.1ast/1.6stl/2.9blk/1.3TO (.461/.715/.000)
dennocj
Five Star Recruit
GM: Indiana Pacers

Post by dennocj »

Just a general question. I was wondering if the cut players contracts that we have could be used as part of a trade. So essentially the team receiving it would be responsible for it. For example, I have $1,000,000 owed to a player I cut. Could I use that $1 mil to help fill the salary gap in a trade?
Oregon Ownage
All-American
GM: Dallas Mavericks

Post by Oregon Ownage »

dennocj wrote:Just a general question. I was wondering if the cut players contracts that we have could be used as part of a trade. So essentially the team receiving it would be responsible for it. For example, I have $1,000,000 owed to a player I cut. Could I use that $1 mil to help fill the salary gap in a trade?
No you can not
pistolpetejr
Senior
GM: Los Angeles Clippers

Post by pistolpetejr »

PG to Cavs for Love-type? That seems to be the hype the last few days.

To be honest, as highly interesting as that sounds, I think it very interesting if he went to Boston in some type of deal for #1, and trade Isaiah. You'd get REALLY nice value for IT2 right now, so that + Smart(or another PG they'd get for IT2)-Bradley-Crowder-PG-Horford w/ Rozier, Jaylen, both developing and with Olynyk in the mix sounds REALLY nice to me. Defensively, this team would be elite and I think they'd really be able to compete with Golden State while doing just enough to score. Sign JJ Redick maybe as well, and this team looks really nice all of a sudden both to defeat the Cavs and stand a chance vs the Warriors. They've got the personnel to really bother GS.

On the other hand, PG instead of Love in Cleveland means a better player in that system on O: same shooting, maybe less post-play but still decent, and a much better slasher, and PG on Durant in the Finals on D, who's really the one who killed the Cavs. Defensively, the Cavs were completely killed. But they'd need upgraded depth compared to the skeletons they've got now to stand a chance even with PG I think.

Both teams would still be underdogs vs these Warriors though.
---

PistolPeteJR
Oregon Ownage
All-American

Post by Oregon Ownage »

pistolpetejr wrote:PG to Cavs for Love-type? That seems to be the hype the last few days.

To be honest, as highly interesting as that sounds, I think it very interesting if he went to Boston in some type of deal for #1, and trade Isaiah. You'd get REALLY nice value for IT2 right now, so that + Smart(or another PG they'd get for IT2)-Bradley-Crowder-PG-Horford w/ Rozier, Jaylen, both developing and with Olynyk in the mix sounds REALLY nice to me. Defensively, this team would be elite and I think they'd really be able to compete with Golden State while doing just enough to score. Sign JJ Redick maybe as well, and this team looks really nice all of a sudden both to defeat the Cavs and stand a chance vs the Warriors. They've got the personnel to really bother GS.

On the other hand, PG instead of Love in Cleveland means a better player in that system on O: same shooting, maybe less post-play but still decent, and a much better slasher, and PG on Durant in the Finals on D, who's really the one who killed the Cavs. Defensively, the Cavs were completely killed. But they'd need upgraded depth compared to the skeletons they've got now to stand a chance even with PG I think.

At first I thought you were talking about DASL and I was really confused :lol:

Looks like the Sixers are trading for the #1 pick but Boston still might be asset collecting for a trade for a superstar. I dont see any team getting close to the Warriors in the foreseeable future.
catch 922
Four Star Recruit
GM: Washington Bullets GM

Post by catch 922 »

pistolpetejr wrote:PG to Cavs for Love-type? That seems to be the hype the last few days.

I'm sorry, the Wizards outplayed the Celtics in their series. The Celtics were down double digit deficits in the 3rd quarter in games 1,2, and 7. Only reason they lost, as John Wall pointed out after game 7, was they had no bench (also John Wall shot like crap at the very end but he carried them there so he gets a pass). Add any sort of depth to that team to help them win on the road and replace the potential loss in Otto then they'll be ahead of the Celtics to compete for the East next season.
catch 922
Four Star Recruit

Post by catch 922 »

As well if the Pelicans can get Jimmy Butler like they are trying to their big three will easily compete with the Warriors out of the West.
Cellar-door
Senior
GM: Charlotte Hornets

Post by Cellar-door »

catch 922 wrote:As well if the Pelicans can get Jimmy Butler like they are trying to their big three will easily compete with the Warriors out of the West.
Get him with what though? They have no assets to trade, and they'll have no bench at all if they did somehow get him for picks until forever.

Warriors window of being by far the most talented team isn't particularly long though, Klay and Draymond have 2 and 3 years respectively, so they need to either trade 1 or let Klay walk by the 2018-19 season.
Hornets GM
BucksGM
Five Star Recruit
GM: Milwaukee Bucks

Post by BucksGM »

As a bulls fan, I hope they deal butler and start the rebuild.

I'd be happy with the rumor out there right now:

Sixers get 1st pick
Bulls get okafor, 3rd pick, nets '18 pick
Celtics get Jimmy Butler

I doubt the Celtics give up that much though.
catch 922
Four Star Recruit

Post by catch 922 »

Cellar-door wrote:
catch 922 wrote:As well if the Pelicans can get Jimmy Butler like they are trying to their big three will easily compete with the Warriors out of the West.
Get him with what though? They have no assets to trade, and they'll have no bench at all if they did somehow get him for picks until forever.

Warriors window of being by far the most talented team isn't particularly long though, Klay and Draymond have 2 and 3 years respectively, so they need to either trade 1 or let Klay walk by the 2018-19 season.
I don't see that as a problem, Klay has openly said he'd take less to stay with the Warriors. KD sort of renders Draymond useless so they could trade him and not drop much.

As far as Butler goes I mean NO were doing some crazy things to offer him before they got Boogie. They are crazy about him and would do crazy things for him, but replace him with anyone else. If they could get anyone else to create their version of a big 3 they are one Warriors injury away from being OKC in 2012. I mean they lost but at least they were in the finals.
Cellar-door
Senior
GM: Charlotte Hornets

Post by Cellar-door »

BucksGM wrote:As a bulls fan, I hope they deal butler and start the rebuild.

I'd be happy with the rumor out there right now:

Sixers get 1st pick
Bulls get okafor, 3rd pick, nets '18 pick
Celtics get Jimmy Butler

I doubt the Celtics give up that much though.
Yeah there is no way the Nets '18 pick would be in the deal. I'm honestly not sure Ainge would trade 1 for Butler straight up (especially since he's losing the space to offer Griffin or Hayward).
Hornets GM
pistolpetejr
Senior

Post by pistolpetejr »

Well trade is done. Celtics keep racking in assets. I wonder how Philly will play Simmons and Fultz together with both being points.
---

PistolPeteJR
BucksGM
Five Star Recruit
GM: Milwaukee Bucks

Post by BucksGM »

pistolpetejr wrote:Well trade is done. Celtics keep racking in assets. I wonder how Philly will play Simmons and Fultz together with both being points.
Trust the process
Oregon Ownage
All-American

Post by Oregon Ownage »

BucksGM wrote:
pistolpetejr wrote:Well trade is done. Celtics keep racking in assets. I wonder how Philly will play Simmons and Fultz together with both being points.
Trust the process
Will be interesting but a team of Embid, Simmons, Covington, Saric is very good
pistolpetejr
Senior

Post by pistolpetejr »

I like.
---

PistolPeteJR