Getting to Know

Moderators: UOducksTK1, Zyme, lukeyrid13, Oregon Ownage

Oregon Ownage
All-American
GM: Dallas Mavericks

Re: Getting to Know

Post by Oregon Ownage »

Bump, we have had some new GMs join us and might have not seen this.
verysilentone
Three Star Recruit
GM: Miami Heat GM

Post by verysilentone »

Occupation: Insurance Wholesaler & Insurance Agent- two family businesses
Experience prior to DASL: Many leagues, but most of them were in high school and then briefly in college, but then grad school hit and then real life and had no time after that.
Best Moment in DASL: Signing Parker and starting hot of the gate this season.
Worst Moment in DASL: The hot start ended quickly this season lol
One regret/mistake in player personnel you wish you could take back: Spillter would've been a better pick over Blatche.
Player most looking forward to: Any big man that will help my team lol. Aldridge would look great in a Celtics uniform
Favorite NBA team: My location is also my hometown, so that should say it all and considering I was born the year(1989) after their inaugural season, it made it an easy decision lol.
How did you come across the league: FBB forum
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

verysilentone wrote:Location: Miami, FL
Occupation: Insurance Wholesaler & Insurance Agent- two family businesses
Experience prior to DASL: Many leagues, but most of them were in high school and then briefly in college, but then grad school hit and then real life and had no time after that.
Best Moment in DASL: Signing Parker and starting hot of the gate this season.
Worst Moment in DASL: The hot start ended quickly this season lol
One regret/mistake in player personnel you wish you could take back: Spillter would've been a better pick over Blatche.
Player most looking forward to: Any big man that will help my team lol. Aldridge would look great in a Celtics uniform
Favorite NBA team: My location is also my hometown, so that should say it all and considering I was born the year(1989) after their inaugural season, it made it an easy decision lol.
How did you come across the league: FBB forum
How do you feel towards LeBron James?

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
verysilentone
Three Star Recruit
GM: Miami Heat GM

Post by verysilentone »

UOducksTK1 wrote:
How do you feel towards LeBron James?
Haha, ya I honestly was never the biggest fan of him personally(not basketball wise) until he signed here, then like everyone else in Miami, I immediately loved him once he signed. I was definitely rooting for the Warriors in the finals. The Christmas game was funny, because pretty much everyone was sitting in my godmother's living room with smiles on our faces every time the Warriors scored

People here in general are still a little butt hurt, but at the end of the day, he got us the rings and he probably extended Wade's career another 2 years, so I cannot really be all that mad. The only thing that really bothered me is him stringing Wade along that he would possibly re-sign. At the end of the day, you cannot fault him for returning home. I left South Florida for 7 years with no intent to return and now I'm looking to buy a house here lol.
dave
Sophomore
GM: Cleveland Cavaliers

Post by dave »

Occupation: President Sports Marketing Agency (Under Armour Basketball, Five-Star Basketball, 94Fifty)
Experience prior to DASL: Have been doing sims since high school (2000) and did them after college but took a long break when starting up my company and was working in hoops doing this in real life. Kind of missed the escape and the low frequency of sims allowed me to come back.
Best Moment in DASL: Landing Kobe Bryant in FA and the Warriors GM quitting soon after it.
Worst Moment in DASL: Losing Brian Grant and Tony Parker in the same offseason after making it to the Finals.
One regret/mistake in player personal you wish you could take back: Not resigning Oscar Torres. I was away on a business trip and completely forget to check back in and missed free agency. Could have gotten him on the cheap.
Player most looking forward to: Stephen Curry
Favorite NBA team: Mavericks
How did you come across the league: I've known Ducky for about 10 years through sim leagues.
Suggestion idea(s) for league: I still think financially there is going to be a problem long term with salaries becoming too high crippling teams with hard cap or having un-tradeable players. I think having more consistency in off-season sim schedule would be very helpful.
CLEVLAND CAVS
Oregon Ownage
All-American

Post by Oregon Ownage »

Marzeial wrote: Worst Moment in DASL: Playoffs
I think you might have to change this, just saying
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by UOducksTK1 »

Oregon Ownage wrote:
3 peat puts you up there with dd10snoop and lukeyrid

FlDuckFan
All Pac-12
GM: Orlando Magic GM

Post by FlDuckFan »

UOducksTK1 wrote:
Oregon Ownage wrote:
3 peat puts you up there with dd10snoop and lukeyrid
Can I change mine to just say PLAYOFFS?
Oregon Ownage
All-American

Post by Oregon Ownage »

Bump for any new players who want to introduce themselves
Craig
Senior
GM: Phoenix Suns GM

Post by Craig »

I'll try

Experience prior to DASL: Like a dozen leagues off & on over the last 13 years or so
Best Moment in DASL: Gutting the LeBron/Roy/Rose roster I inherited and watching everyone freak out (and the dominance that has followed)
Worst Moment in DASL: Watching Kent Bazemore walk to a 20-something win team for less money immediately after winning a title.
One regret/mistake in player personal you wish you could take back: I don't really regret any moves I've made yet. I suppose I probly wouldn't have traded for Conley if I knew I was gonna get Curry but he's still good insurance.
Player most looking forward to: um...Carmelo's son?
Favorite NBA team: Suns
How did you come across the league: RealGM forum advertisement
Suggestion idea(s) for league: It would be nice if the terrible GMs weren't always acting like the smartest ones in the room.
SUNS GM
BucksGM
Five Star Recruit
GM: Milwaukee Bucks

Post by BucksGM »

I missed this post when I joined, so I'll post now:

Experience prior to DASL: Probably 10 leagues over the last 20 years. (Had a long break from about 2003-2014)
Best Moment in DASL: Getting Porzingis to come back on a 7 year deal
Worst Moment in DASL: Losing Cousins and Al Jefferson in the same offseason
One regret/mistake in player personal you wish you could take back: Gambling on Cousins coming back and turning down some big trade offers.
Player most looking forward to: Bol Bol
Favorite NBA team: Bulls
How did you come across the league: Briezy (Lakers GM) found it and referred me
Suggestion idea(s) for league: Nothing at this point... things seem to be going pretty well.
The Bean Regime
Senior
GM: Minnesota Timberwolves GM

Post by The Bean Regime »

Experience prior to DASL: I've participated and ran sim leagues for years. Took a long break of a few years before coming back to them with this league.
Best Moment in DASL: This offseason. Sure, KD was nice, but that was random maxing. This was a plan!
Worst Moment in DASL: Probably just losing so much last season. I started out doing .500 ball for a while there. Not much else to consider.
One regret/mistake in player personal you wish you could take back: Not trading Hezonja when he had value. He's been useless.
Player most looking forward to: Obviously intended for the historical perspective. I'm always excited about Vlade Divac.
Favorite NBA team: Timberwolves
How did you come across the league: fbbgames
Suggestion idea(s) for league: I've liked this one a lot, but many GMs disliked it, so take it as you will. Add a period after a brand new FA signing (as in, wasn't on your team last year) where you cannot trade them. I did 30 days (though I did 10 day sims). Discourages bad teams from signing good players to big 1 year deals to trade them away asap (which is extremely unrealistic) since the players would be adding wins to their tanks. Again though, people did not like it generally.
FlDuckFan
All Pac-12
GM: Orlando Magic GM

Post by FlDuckFan »

The Bean Regime wrote:Location: Ocala, FL
Experience prior to DASL: I've participated and ran sim leagues for years. Took a long break of a few years before coming back to them with this league.
Best Moment in DASL: This offseason. Sure, KD was nice, but that was random maxing. This was a plan!
Worst Moment in DASL: Probably just losing so much last season. I started out doing .500 ball for a while there. Not much else to consider.
One regret/mistake in player personal you wish you could take back: Not trading Hezonja when he had value. He's been useless.
Player most looking forward to: Obviously intended for the historical perspective. I'm always excited about Vlade Divac.
Favorite NBA team: Timberwolves
How did you come across the league: fbbgames
Suggestion idea(s) for league: I've liked this one a lot, but many GMs disliked it, so take it as you will. Add a period after a brand new FA signing (as in, wasn't on your team last year) where you cannot trade them. I did 30 days (though I did 10 day sims). Discourages bad teams from signing good players to big 1 year deals to trade them away asap (which is extremely unrealistic) since the players would be adding wins to their tanks. Again though, people did not like it generally.
Another Ocala guy!!?? No way
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by UOducksTK1 »

Craig wrote:I'll try

Experience prior to DASL: Like a dozen leagues off & on over the last 13 years or so
Best Moment in DASL: Gutting the LeBron/Roy/Rose roster I inherited and watching everyone freak out (and the dominance that has followed)
Worst Moment in DASL: Watching Kent Bazemore walk to a 20-something win team for less money immediately after winning a title.
One regret/mistake in player personal you wish you could take back: I don't really regret any moves I've made yet. I suppose I probly wouldn't have traded for Conley if I knew I was gonna get Curry but he's still good insurance.
Player most looking forward to: um...Carmelo's son?
Favorite NBA team: Suns
How did you come across the league: RealGM forum advertisement
Suggestion idea(s) for league: It would be nice if the terrible GMs weren't always acting like the smartest ones in the room.
RealGM, really? Did ownage post there?

UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by UOducksTK1 »

BucksGM wrote:I missed this post when I joined, so I'll post now:

Experience prior to DASL: Probably 10 leagues over the last 20 years. (Had a long break from about 2003-2014)
Best Moment in DASL: Getting Porzingis to come back on a 7 year deal
Worst Moment in DASL: Losing Cousins and Al Jefferson in the same offseason
One regret/mistake in player personal you wish you could take back: Gambling on Cousins coming back and turning down some big trade offers.
Player most looking forward to: Bol Bol
Favorite NBA team: Bulls
How did you come across the league: Briezy (Lakers GM) found it and referred me
Suggestion idea(s) for league: Nothing at this point... things seem to be going pretty well.
Al Jeff did the right thing though. He likes his ring.