Post by Oregon Ownage »

Sim will be tomorrow afternoonish
Oregon Ownage
All-American
GM: Dallas Mavericks

Re: GM Lounge

Post by Oregon Ownage »

Oregon Ownage wrote:Sim will be tomorrow afternoonish
Didnt have time to get through all the DC's before my soccer game so I will complete it after that. Will be around 6:30 EST.
FlDuckFan
All Pac-12
GM: Orlando Magic GM

Post by FlDuckFan »

There are a few GM's who have my cell number and text me from time to time about trades and such. I just want to let everyone know that my phone decided to delete my contacts so I'm not sure who you are when you text me. Also , I work nights here on the east coast so if you text me in the morning don't expect a reply back right away. I usually rise from my grave around 1-2 pm est. I try to reply as soon as possible sometimes if I have a lot of missed messages I may miss yours , if I don't reply I apologize .
pistolpetejr
Senior
GM: Los Angeles Clippers

Post by pistolpetejr »

Are there any players' PERs you guys are particularly interested in? Or PER comparisons, etc...?
---

PistolPeteJR
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

Fun stats: The Nets have the least playoff appearances in DASL (14), but only two teams have made more finals than me (6, Kings 9, Bucks 8). And we have the 2nd highest playoff winning percentage (.599), second only to the Bucks (.611).

It's my polarized approach to being either really bad or really good, and not staying in the middle if possible. Plus, Nets were always awful for the first like 15 seasons.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
pistolpetejr
Senior
GM: Los Angeles Clippers

Post by pistolpetejr »

UOducksTK1 wrote:Fun stats: The Nets have the least playoff appearances in DASL (14), but only two teams have made more finals than me (6, Kings 9, Bucks 8). And we have the 2nd highest playoff winning percentage (.599), second only to the Bucks (.611).

It's my polarized approach to being either really bad or really good, and not staying in the middle if possible. Plus, Nets were always awful for the first like 15 seasons.
More fun stats:

- The Kings are the only team with >2000 RS wins, the only team to have >30 playoff appearances, and have the most Finals appearances with 9.

- Only 5/29 teams have not yet made the Finals in their franchise's history.

- The Nets, Hornets, and Grizzlies are the only teams to have a sub-500 regular season record yet have multiple titles.

- The Trailblazers have 1681 wins and losses.
---

PistolPeteJR
Oregon Ownage
All-American

Post by Oregon Ownage »

I don't want this to come off the wrong way but here it goes:

In FA, use end of the roster players as high salary tradeable pieces. I am trying to find trade partners and its almost impossible because no one has tradeable pieces to throw in to match salaries. Use what is given to you. IMO it is more valuable to have a rostered player making 8-12 mil for salary purposes than a 3rd string player on a low contract b/c the player you are "acquiring" is miles better than whoever you are rostering at the backend.

It really hinders trading when no one has salary to trade with. Use bird rights to your advantage in the event you want to take the next step and acquire a high end player, you have the salary to do so easily. This season being a prime example. There are numerous players available who can help teams make a run in the playoffs but no one has salary to make it happen straight up. Currently there are 12 teams with more than 10 million in empty cap space. Thats free money you are wasting!

/rant
Oregon Ownage
All-American

Post by Oregon Ownage »

Updated the files to reflect current rosters
Oregon Ownage
All-American

Post by Oregon Ownage »

Day 1 sim will be tomorrow morning/afternoon

Get your rosters in tonight to be safe
Oregon Ownage
All-American

Post by Oregon Ownage »

Two items that I have been thinking about recently and wanted to gauge league interest:

- Trading players rights
We haven't come across this scenario yet but I think it is worth exploring. When a player is a "free agent" his previous team still holds his rights (bird years) and previous salary to resign them. Instead of having that team resign the player to trade them and match salaries, what if you could trade the rights to that player? There is no guarantee you will get them during FA but it does give you a leg up in some regards and would be valuable in trading to nudge deals across the line.

Example:
This off-season barring retirement, the Timberwolves will own Markelle Fultz rights with his deal expiring. Say the Timberwolves want to move up a spot or two in the draft they could offer his rights as an extra piece to get the deal done. Now, the team the Timberwolves traded with have the ability to sign Fultz from his previous salary (if over the cap) and control his birds.

- Updating rosters after each round of playoffs
As currently constructed, once playoffs begin, you IR players are locked and cant return. In this new scenario, IR players will lock for that current round but can be changed at the start of the next round. This will allow for injuries that occur during the round and allow teams to adjust for the next round should the injury be long enough and taking a roster spot.

What are your thoughts on the items above? Like? Dislike? Alterations to the ideas above to make them better?
FlDuckFan
All Pac-12
GM: Orlando Magic GM

Post by FlDuckFan »

Oregon Ownage wrote:Two items that I have been thinking about recently and wanted to gauge league interest:

- Trading players rights
We haven't come across this scenario yet but I think it is worth exploring. When a player is a "free agent" his previous team still holds his rights (bird years) and previous salary to resign them. Instead of having that team resign the player to trade them and match salaries, what if you could trade the rights to that player? There is no guarantee you will get them during FA but it does give you a leg up in some regards and would be valuable in trading to nudge deals across the line.

Example:
This off-season barring retirement, the Timberwolves will own Markelle Fultz rights with his deal expiring. Say the Timberwolves want to move up a spot or two in the draft they could offer his rights as an extra piece to get the deal done. Now, the team the Timberwolves traded with have the ability to sign Fultz from his previous salary (if over the cap) and control his birds.

- Updating rosters after each round of playoffs
As currently constructed, once playoffs begin, you IR players are locked and cant return. In this new scenario, IR players will lock for that current round but can be changed at the start of the next round. This will allow for injuries that occur during the round and allow teams to adjust for the next round should the injury be long enough and taking a roster spot.

What are your thoughts on the items above? Like? Dislike? Alterations to the ideas above to make them better?

I like them both, don't see a lot of rights to be traded but the IR sounds like a reasonable rule adjustment.
The Bean Regime
Senior
GM: Minnesota Timberwolves GM

Post by The Bean Regime »

Isn't the playoff IR game-restricted, and cannot be edited out?

As for the rights, it's an interesting concept that I wouldn't mind having. Basically a sign and trade that isn't contingent on the player actually signing.
Boom
All Pac-12
GM: Houston Rockets

Post by Boom »

I’d vote note on trading player rights. I think it would take away the strategy/luck of roster creation and cheapon the game.
Oregon Ownage
All-American

Post by Oregon Ownage »

Boom wrote:I’d vote note on trading player rights. I think it would take away the strategy/luck of roster creation and cheapon the game.
Big name players wouldnt be traded this way, it is for the low rung/salary filler players 95% of the time. My idea with this is to allow teams who dont have the players with the 3+ bird years to get one and get a tradeable salary filler player on their team.
Oregon Ownage
All-American

Post by Oregon Ownage »

The Bean Regime wrote:Isn't the playoff IR game-restricted, and cannot be edited out?
So I just tried taking someone off IR in the next round and it didnt work. Probably should have tried this before proposing it :oops: :oops: