+5
62%

Total votes: 13
BucksGM
Five Star Recruit
GM: Milwaukee Bucks

Re: 2027 DASL Roundtable

Post by BucksGM »

UOducksTK1 wrote:Cellar-door: I think we should explore slight yearly cap raises.
Yup, agreed.

Craig: Piss off.
lol

Haters calling Nets fakes. I like it.
It looks like the cap had increased a few times before I got here? What caused the increases to stop?
pistolpetejr
Senior
GM: Los Angeles Clippers

Post by pistolpetejr »

BucksGM wrote:
pistolpetejr wrote:
The Bean Regime wrote:
pistolpetejr wrote: Nobody has had put together a three-peat since the Hawks in 2010-2012. What are the chances it happens this season?

I just knew this answer was coming. :lol:
I legit laughed when I got his response haha.
Lol I took the high road... but felt the same
Why do you two hate me. :(
---

PistolPeteJR
Skyhooker
Junior
GM: Philadelphia 76ers

Post by Skyhooker »

BucksGM wrote:
UOducksTK1 wrote:Cellar-door: I think we should explore slight yearly cap raises.
Yup, agreed.

lol

Haters calling Nets fakes. I like it.
It looks like the cap had increased a few times before I got here? What caused the increases to stop?
People just willy-nilly signed players to max contracts and there was really no downside to doing it because they knew by the time year 6 or 7 of that contract the cap will have been raised to the point that the max contract wasn't that big of a deal. Raising the cap constantly really takes out some of the strategy.
Oregon Ownage
All-American
GM: Dallas Mavericks

Post by Oregon Ownage »

FIDuckFan: Orlando Magic will go from #1 overall pick to top 5 in the East. They have young talent and if an experienced owner comes along they could take them very far for a decent amount of time.

Cellar-door: Bold Prediction.... The Magic make the playoffs, underperformed and added an elite ready from the jump rookie.
Having a PG makes a huge difference in this game. Quickley is a decent PG and look how much better the team is because of that. They were also running a very fast pace last season and that created loads of turnovers for them and make their defense horrible.
Craig: Not far if they continue to start a PG committing 5 turnovers per game. Having the roster they do and still managing to get the #1 pick was a sneaky tank job. I have to imagine that with Immanuel Quickley or even Nah’shon Hyland at the point, the Magic could snag a top 4 seed in the East, since Kiyan Anthony looks like the real deal.
They also got lucky winning the lottery (they were 5th worst).
You deserve a +5 for that comment
Cellar-door: Mavs, felt like they overperformed last year, then lost some key rotation pieces in FA.

nray30: Mavericks and Heat.
If these comments were made before I lost my pieces in FA then it makes sense. I had zero expectations going into this season after losing MKG & Tacko and wouldn't have considered myself a contender.
The Bean Regime: There is one issue that the league could fix, and that is the draft notes. Often, or so it seems, you’ll find that the draft notes are not completed until half-way through the first round, which does not make much sense. It can be argued that the players being added to the notes at that point are the lesser players that wouldn’t have been picked in the upper-half of the 1st round anyway, but it appears sloppy. Furthermore, it influences the draft (this guy might look better by ratings, but he does not currently have notes so he must not be worth picking here) and it may be influencing trades involving later picks, though it’d be hard to say whether positively or negatively. As we are in a period where the prospects are unknowns, it makes draft notes all that more important and they should really be completed before the draft begins.
This is the story on notes. Jibba does the notes for the top prospects and I will finish the notes on the lesser players. The top prospects for that class (top 25 or so) are given when the draft starts and that covers essentially the 1st round. We do not "hide" a players notes if they are a ready made prospect. The reason why the rest come out late is due to timing.

When I complete the draft file (small tweaks), I then have to create the notes for those players and it takes time. Each draft note will take about 2-3 minutes and that doesnt include the time scrolling to find players and format the post. All of this is happening around the Finals so either I: 1) delay the finals and complete the notes (no guarantee when due to personal schedule) or 2) Finish the Finals in a regular manner and get to the lesser prospect notes when I have time each night.

The lesser prospects shouldn't be considered for a top 15-20 pick unless your filling a need with a ready made player. But by that time, I should have the notes complete and available.

While it would be best to have the notes done before I upload the draft file, it just comes down to timing on each occasion. Thats why I try and schedule the draft for a weekend so I know I have time to complete the notes.
Oregon Ownage
All-American
GM: Dallas Mavericks

Post by Oregon Ownage »

I killed this conversation :lol: :lol:
The Bean Regime
Senior
GM: Minnesota Timberwolves GM

Post by The Bean Regime »

Quick look at some of the answers and how they progressed.

#1) Favourite to win it all?

Grizzlies were the #1 choice by far from the GMs, and they currently have the best record in the league by a significant margin. Raptors and Nets were also mentioned, who are 2nd and 7 in the league respectively, so those answers so far are fairly accurate. Nray and Flduckfan’s answers of the Suns is far off, however, as they currently sit at the #7 seed and #11 overall.

#2) Bold predictions

Most of the answers that are relevant at the moment are fairly accurate. Both the Sonics and Magic have shown much improvement. Zyme’s prediction of the Net’s struggles were misplaced, and a team winning their first championship, courtesy of Nray, seems like a long shot so far.

#3) Magic

Yeah. Making playoffs. Round of applause.

#4) 3-Peat

Same. Grizzlies look to be in a position to do so.

#5) Contender - Pretender

Hard to say at this point. Some teams mentioned, such as 76ers and Mavericks, are doing quite well. Whoever guessed the Heat should pat themselves on the back. Injury? Who cares?

Lightning Round

ROTY
No one guessed any of the two ROTM winners so far in Bryson Warren of the Celtics and Robert Diaz of the Warriors (Woo!). Chris Paul looks unlikely while Anthony has a chance with a stat line of 21/4/4.

DPOTY
Capela, Killeya-Jones, and Skal all look like potential winners. Calling out Cellar Door for his shameful homer vote of Greer.

1st Seed East
4/9 voted current #1 seed Raptors.

1st Seed West
7/9 voted current #1 seed Grizzlies.

Worst Record
Nobody guessed the current worst record holder of Houston Rockets at 11-31. Zyme closest with Knicks (3rd worst) while Bucksgm with the worst guess of the 4th seed Pistons.

The rest of the answers were subjective or something that is not so clear to write out at this point. Seems like the answers were not too far off for the most part.
Cellar-door
Senior
GM: Charlotte Hornets

Post by Cellar-door »

Greer was 1st team all defense last year, and is tied for the league lead in steals. If a guard wins DPOY it would be him, not much of a stretch to me, he's the best defensive guard in the league.
Hornets GM
pistolpetejr
Senior

Post by pistolpetejr »

I just really can’t understand the Rockets’ record over the last few seasons, generally speaking. The talent is there.
---

PistolPeteJR
pistolpetejr
Senior

Post by pistolpetejr »

To be honest, with all of the Pippen Jr. love, I thought I was missing something.

Looking at it now at this point in the season, particularly for those who had really expressed the hype for him, could you give some insight as to why back then and what your thoughts are now? Same, different, and if so how, etc.?
---

PistolPeteJR
pistolpetejr
Senior

Post by pistolpetejr »

Please vote!
---

PistolPeteJR
pistolpetejr
Senior