What will happen first, Natty, Heisman, or neither?

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

What will happen first at Oregon?

National Championship
17%
Heisman
77%
Neither will ever happen
7%

Total votes: 60
OregonFan4Life
All-American

What will happen first, Natty, Heisman, or neither?

Post by OregonFan4Life »

Feel free to post other possibilities that have never happened here before. Couldn't think of anything as big as a natty or Heisman, but there may be others.
Tray Dub
All Pac-12

Re: What will happen first, Natty, Heisman, or neither?

Post by Tray Dub »

Marcus is winning the Heisman this year. And the Heisman is awarded before the natty is played so that's the right answer.
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

Heisman.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

Tray Dub wrote:Marcus is winning the Heisman this year. And the Heisman is awarded before the natty is played so that's the right answer.
I do have a lot more confidence in Marcus winning the Heisman this year than the team winning the national championship. I do have the team going to the playoffs, but I think they lose in the first game. Outside of UCLA, I think Oregon is definitely better than every team on their schedule and should win easily, but they should've won easily against Arizona last year and we all remember that nightmare.
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

Whoever voted for "Neither will ever happen", reveal yourself!
JustisM
Three Star Recruit

Post by JustisM »

Heisman, simply because of Mariota's chances already. Winston's going to get some character stuff thrown on him that Marcus won't.
Elduderino
Senior

Post by Elduderino »

I don't want to say that "neither will ever happen," but I know I'm not going to make friends by saying neither will happen *this* year. Or at least I think the odds are against it..
AKA: CAgrown
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

Elduderino wrote:I don't want to say that "neither will ever happen," but I know I'm not going to make friends by saying neither will happen *this* year. Or at least I think the odds are against it..
That's totally understandable, as it seems that whoever wins the Heisman comes out of nowhere. The top preseason Heisman candidates always fade due to ridiculously high expectations, one loss, even if they had nothing to do with it, and they're out. But some Freshman who had a surprisingly good year with a lot of exciting plays can win it despite multiple losses and a high amount of interceptions thrown. Weird how that works. Mariota I believe will be the best player in football, but one slight mistake and he could be out of the Heisman race immediately.
gofightingducks
All Pac-12

Post by gofightingducks »

I don't think either will happen ( I hate to be negative, I am just being realistic in my expectations). It seems something always happens that prevents it. Stubborn play calling, injury, whatever the case might be. If Mariota stays healthy he "should" win it, but he "should" have been invited last season and LMJ "should" have received more votes when he was invited. Obviously last seasons loss to Arizona comes to mind as far as something unexpected happening. I hope I am proven wrong though, I would love to eat my words :)
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

An Oregon QB or RB is going to win the Heisman sooner rather than never and I think it happens this year with Marcus. I get those who will compare him to Andrew Luck's last 2 years on the Farm where he was supposed to be the heavy favorite but 13 games of Alamo Bowl Marcus will see him hoist the trophy this year.
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

Well looks like this board was right, but is anyone surprised by that? To everyone that picked Heisman, good choice.
fpsduck
Senior

Post by fpsduck »

OregonFan4Life wrote:Whoever voted for "Neither will ever happen", reveal yourself!
<--guilty

:lol: