USC RB Anthony Brown's Insta: "Sark treated me like a slave"

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

justducky0
Senior

Re: USC RB Anthony Brown's Insta: "Sark treated me like a sl

Post by justducky0 »

Honestly... when people use the slave reference these days it severely belittles the actual horrors that real slaves went through. These kind of people that have a victim mentality are a cancer to society. Nothing is every their fault and everyone is out to get them. Also no...normal rational thinking people don't have 4k in cash just lying around. Lets not pretend that college football players are not getting cash on the side. Happens everywhere
squintsdd
Sophomore

Post by squintsdd »

Everyone keeps saying it's not a lot of money, but I bring to your attention again, notice the new Mustang that he is claiming is his
pezsez1
All Pac-12

Post by pezsez1 »

If your finances are screwed up enough, you can't qualify for a normal bank account, and instead you have to get a second-chance account that has a lot more restrictions than a normal account.

Your credit would have to be really, really, really bad to not qualify for a second-chance account... but yes, it is possible. Banks aren't under any obligation to give people bank accounts.
Everyone keeps saying it's not a lot of money, but I bring to your attention again, notice the new Mustang that he is claiming is his
My first thought was maybe he got cash to buy that car, but that would be really effing stupid of him to pay for his car in one dollar bills. It's so absurd, I can't believe that's why the money is there.

Just to be clear... I don't know WHY he has all those bills sitting there, but it's certainly not normal.
Willie Taggart is a dick.
Braveheart
Sophomore

Post by Braveheart »

squintsdd wrote:Everyone keeps saying it's not a lot of money, but I bring to your attention again, notice the new Mustang that he is claiming is his
Dude's a pretender.
DuckedonQuack
Two Star Recruit

Post by DuckedonQuack »

Didn't notice they are all ones. Should have looked a little closer.
pezsez1
All Pac-12

Post by pezsez1 »

Just imagine how pissed you'd be if someone tried to buy a car from you with a garbage bag full of $1s lol

I'd be looking around for Ashton Kutcher!
Duck24
Senior

Post by Duck24 »

pezsez1 wrote:If your finances are screwed up enough, you can't qualify for a normal bank account, and instead you have to get a second-chance account that has a lot more restrictions than a normal account.

Your credit would have to be really, really, really bad to not qualify for a second-chance account... but yes, it is possible. Banks aren't under any obligation to give people bank accounts.
My first thought was maybe he got cash to buy that car, but that would be really effing stupid of him to pay for his car in one dollar bills. It's so absurd, I can't believe that's why the money is there.

Just to be clear... I don't know WHY he has all those bills sitting there, but it's certainly not normal.
Credit score has nothing to do with your ability to get a bank account unless you are trying to go through a credit union. You can lose your ability to have a regular bank account through a non-credit union bank if you overdraw your account enough to have the bank charge it off, attempt to commit fraud or are otherwise too high risk for a bank to risk giving you the instruments to create a loss for them. You get reported to something called ChexSystems, which all banks check prior to opening any account. I worked at a bank as an undergrad and dealt with these issues on a daily basis. Quite a few of the higher profile athletes were the worst offenders. One in particular who has gone on to have a very successful professional career once racked up something like $1,000 in overdraft fees in three months while at UO.

As far as how much money he has in the pic, it looks to be $10K in 1's and $10K in 100's. Each rubber banded group of 1's is five strapped $100 bundles of 1's, so $500 per rubber band. I counted 20 of those. Assuming the stack of $100's are all actually $100's, it is $2k per strapped bundle and banks typically put five strapped bundles in each rubber band, so $10k per rubber band. FWIW.
justducky0
Senior

Post by justducky0 »

I always laugh at people post money pics...so many cultural things with that.
I am so glad you guys are so worried about the money and just disregard his slave comment.... :/
woundedknees
All-American

Post by woundedknees »

FlDuckFan wrote:
pezsez1 wrote:
He, like many of the people I went to undergrad with, probably (and stupidly) withdrew it all in cash.
I still find that to be kind of fishy.

What good reason is there for cashing in excess student loans instead of leaving the balance in checking? And to get it all in single bills? Only thing I can think of is maybe he doesn't qualify for a bank account... but young adults generally haven't had enough time yet to screw up their credit histories/finances that badly.

It's just very bizarre. Even the decision to get so many 1s is weird, unless he did it just to get a cool/funny picture on Instagram.

Wait, you can not qualify for a bank account?
Terminal stupidity comes to mind...
Autzen Stadium... Where great teams go to die...Hard!

pezsez1
All Pac-12

Post by pezsez1 »

I really don't want to dignify this guy's "Sark's a racist" comment with any kind of real response. Crap like this is as much of a part of the big-picture problem as anything else, and it's pathetic.

The money, though, is interesting! Why is it there? Why so many small bills?

And what are the odds we'd have such a banking guru here on this forum?
squintsdd
Sophomore

Post by squintsdd »

justducky0 wrote:I always laugh at people post money pics...so many cultural things with that.
I am so glad you guys are so worried about the money and just disregard his slave comment.... :/
I tend to ignore the race without knowing all the facts
Duck24
Senior

Post by Duck24 »

pezsez1 wrote:I really don't want to dignify this guy's "Sark's a racist" comment with any kind of real response. Crap like this is as much of a part of the big-picture problem as anything else, and it's pathetic.

The money, though, is interesting! Why is it there? Why so many small bills?

And what are the odds we'd have such a banking guru here on this forum?
There's a reason this story died quickly. The guy was full of it and everyone sniffed it out as the full story came to light. I'm sure he will regret burning the USC alumni bridge the way he did.
EncinitasDuck
Five Star Recruit

Post by EncinitasDuck »

Is there any way to know if that money is/was actually in his possession or did he just find a picture of a bunch of money and post it to Instagram. I'm betting the bundle with the 100's on the outside is filled with singles in the middle.

Who knows, either way its been a great week for SC. Fight On! :lol: :lol:
UofO8
Senior

Post by UofO8 »

Regardless how much money it is, the dude was a 6th string RB. NO ONE is going to give $10 to a RB that far down the depth chart, let alone thousands of dollars :lol:
rockthief
Senior

Post by rockthief »

his rep took a bit of a hit :lol: