We got Zona.

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

DAT_man_again
Sophomore

We got Zona.

Post by DAT_man_again »

It's very rare to get a second shot at a team that beat you in a season. Gotta take advantage.
"You know we the big brother." - Cliff Harris

"Y'all know what time it is." -Damian Lillard
Alan
Senior

Re: We got Zona.

Post by Alan »

With luck and focus, the Ducks don't look past the Beavers to get back a zona. Glad to have them but you know the Ducks will know who their playing before the war.
DAT_man_again
Sophomore

Post by DAT_man_again »

I think its a valid worry, but I don't think OSU has enough talent to keep up with us for four quarters. Perhaps a slow start and then we pull away.

greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

This is the scariest match-up Oregon could have gotten. I would have much preferred (in order): UCLA, ASU, and then UA. Arizona's unorthodox defense has given Oregon fits the past couple seasons and their offensive scheme (with Rich Rod calling the plays) is very dangerous against Oregon's defense.
DAT_man_again
Sophomore

Post by DAT_man_again »

I am worried about our defense, but I think our offense is more than capable of putting up a lot of points on any defense, let alone UA's.

cmmadness
Three Star Recruit

Post by cmmadness »

DAT_man_again wrote:I am worried about our defense, but I think our offense is more than capable of putting up a lot of points on any defense, let alone UA's.
healthier and revitalized O-Line including a far more experienced, polished and tougher Royce Freeman
will seal the deal. Also, Mariota stayed in the pocket too often rather than running for daylight in
that game. He will run wild this time.

More on Freeman: 705 rushing yards in the 6 games since Zona.

I've got Oregon by 14.
buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

Beating a team twice is much scarier than playing a team that we lost to. All the pressure is on them.
DAT_man_again
Sophomore

Post by DAT_man_again »

Oregon: 37
UA: 35

ducksrock
Senior

Post by ducksrock »

DAT_man_again wrote:Oregon: 37
UA could only hope for this score...I don't believe its gonna be anywhere near this close....Are they a good team? Sure they are....BUT, the Ducks have it goin on this year and will be healthy and motivated for this meeting....Time for the Boys to sit down, as the MEN are gonna school em, on their way to a Natty.....They won A battle....The Ducks will win THE WAR.......
chapelhillduck
Senior

Post by chapelhillduck »

ducksrock wrote:
UA could only hope for this score...I don't believe its gonna be anywhere near this close....Are they a good team? Sure they are....BUT, the Ducks have it goin on this year and will be healthy and motivated for this meeting....Time for the Boys to sit down, as the MEN are gonna school em, on their way to a Natty.....They won A battle....The Ducks will win THE WAR.......
Zona played lights out against us and we had a terrible game in multiple ways. They won by 7 (should have been 3).

UO by more than 10
Duck24
Senior

Post by Duck24 »

This thread already looks awfully similar to the thread before the last Arizona game...
Duck24
Senior

Post by Duck24 »

chapelhillduck wrote:
ducksrock wrote:
Zona played lights out against us and we had a terrible game in multiple ways. They won by 7 (should have been 3).

UO by more than 10
Arizona had 3 points at half...the only team who would consider that lights out is VT.
lukeyrid13
All-American
GM: Portland TrailBlazers

Post by lukeyrid13 »

I like it for the mere fact that you know our guys are going to come to play.
Duck24
Senior

Post by Duck24 »

lukeyrid13 wrote:I like it for the mere fact that you know our guys are going to come to play.
As I said before, comments like this sound a lot like before the last game. I know we will be ready and bring out A game but Arizona is going to come in will all sorts of confidence and be playing loose. If we beat OSU, all the pressure is on us, not them. We will be the ones playing for the playoff, not them. The national media has spent the last six weeks saying Oregon lost because of our OL, doing everything they can to completely disregard the fact that Arizona won. I think we will win, but yikes, I'm nervous as hell.
buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

Arizona didn't do crap on O while Armstead was in the game.

UO- 45
Ua- 24