2016 Projected Depth Chart

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

Phenom
All Pac-12

2016 Projected Depth Chart

Post by Phenom »

I will only include players currently on the roster and players that have signed their LOIs.

QB: Dakota Prukop (SR), Travis Jonsen (FR), Jeff Lockie (SR)
RB: Royce Freeman (JR), Taj Griffin (SO)/Tony Brooks-James (SO)/Kani Benoit (JR)
WR: Dwayne Stanford (SR), Alex Ofodile (FR)
Slot: Kirk Merritt (SO), Devon Allen (JR), Charles Nelson (JR)
WR: Darren Carrington (JR), Jalen Brown (SO)
TE: Pharoah Brown (SR), Evan Baylis (SR)
LT: Elijah George (JR), Evan Throckmorton (FR)
LG: Jake Picarsick (JR), Evan Voeller (JR)
C: Jake Hanson (FR), Doug Brenner (JR)
RG: Cameron Hunt (SR), Zac Morgan (SR)
RT: Tyrell Crosby (JR), Zac Morgan (SR)

DE: Jalen Jelks (SO), TJ Daniel (SR)
DT: Henry Mondeaux (JR), Rex Manu (SO)
NT: Austin Maloata (JR), Rex Manu (SO)
DE: Canton Kaumatule (SO), TJ Daniel (SR)
OLB: Torrodney Prevot (SR), Johnny Ragin (SR)
MLB: Jimmie Swain (JR), Danny Mattingly (JR)
OLB: Jonah Moi (JR), AJ Hotckins (JR)
CB: Arrion Springs (JR), Ugo Amadi (SO)
FS: Charles Nelson (JR), Tyree Robinson (JR)
SS: Reggie Daniels (SR), Jawaan Williams (JR)
CB: Chris Seisay (JR), Tyree Robinson (JR)
lukeyrid13
All-American
GM: Portland TrailBlazers

Re: 2016 Projected Depth Chart

Post by lukeyrid13 »

The offense should be great again next year.

I think we have some solid pieces on defense but we can't afford to sustain any key injuries on that side of the ball.
StevensTechU
All Pac-12

Post by StevensTechU »

Middle of the O-Line is concerning.
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

LB and OL aren't very great starting lineups, but OL has some potential depending on if a couple freshmen can hit the ground running. Also it helps a lot to have Morgan on the roster. He could be a difference maker to help boost that OL. LB, I'm just happy we only have to put three of them out there now, instead of four.

We look pretty good every where else. The only other concern to me is DL. I think both Jelks and Canton step it up for us next year. Jelks showed flashes at the end of last season, and if Canton is healthy, I think he'll show us he's the real deal. But the depth isn't good (I feel like we say this almost every year lol).

Overall, it's enough talent to make it to the playoffs. All about coaching and play execution going forward.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
hjpop
Four Star Recruit

Post by hjpop »

Question about Lockie: I thought he was supposed to have graduated Fall term with his degree and may have been done playing football. Is there any insight on whether this was mistaken, he's gone into grad school, or is waiting to see how things play out in the Spring before making his decision? Just curious because there doesn't seem to be any mention on Alie at all and Lockie, besides Helf's "we have faith in Lockie" statement, doesn't really seem to factor anywhere.
buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

hjpop wrote:Question about Lockie: I thought he was supposed to have graduated Fall term with his degree and may have been done playing football. Is there any insight on whether this was mistaken, he's gone into grad school, or is waiting to see how things play out in the Spring before making his decision? Just curious because there doesn't seem to be any mention on Alie at all and Lockie, besides Helf's "we have faith in Lockie" statement, doesn't really seem to factor anywhere.

Would you quit and walk away from free grad school? I think rumors flying around are just from people who want him to leave, nothing more. That said he won't be ahead of DP or Jonsen, and I won't be surprised so see Wilson as the 3rd qb. Doubt either Alie or Lockie see a snap all year, unless there's a bunch of injuries.
StevensTechU
All Pac-12

Post by StevensTechU »

UOducksTK1 wrote:LB and OL aren't the very great starting lineups, but OL has some potential depending on if a couple freshmen can hit the ground running.
I realized at some point this year that if you look backward, Oregon's redzone efficiency has basically a direct correlation with the quality of the guard play, and to some extent the center (although we've been consistent there through the years). Kyle Long + Ryan Clanton = read-option/great efficiency. Freshman Hunt and Mana Greig = fade routes/low efficiency. Is Pisarcik/Hunt (with RFr. Hanson in the middle) closer to Long + Clanton, or Hunt + Greg?
jimmy12
Senior

Post by jimmy12 »

STU-- as always, great questions.
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

StevensTechU wrote:
UOducksTK1 wrote:LB and OL aren't the very great starting lineups, but OL has some potential depending on if a couple freshmen can hit the ground running.
I realized at some point this year that if you look backward, Oregon's redzone efficiency has basically a direct correlation with the quality of the guard play, and to some extent the center (although we've been consistent there through the years). Kyle Long + Ryan Clanton = read-option/great efficiency. Freshman Hunt and Mana Greig = fade routes/low efficiency. Is Pisarcik/Hunt (with RFr. Hanson in the middle) closer to Long + Clanton, or Hunt + Greg?
And in general, center is such an important position in general, if not more so for Oregon. Our best success has usually come at the helm of a top notch center. The Alamo Bowl only reaffirmed such as a thought.

Hanson will be a big factor when determining our success.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
Phenom
All Pac-12

Post by Phenom »

Although I dislike the occasional dumb penalty, I really like Hunt at guard.
jimmy12
Senior

Post by jimmy12 »

I still think Drayton Carlberg ends up on the OL.
buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

jimmy12 wrote:I still think Drayton Carlberg ends up on the OL.

I sure as hell hope not. The kid will be a stud on DL.
StevensTechU
All Pac-12

Post by StevensTechU »

In an interview last week, Steve Greatwood said that we should expect really good things from the next generation of linemen on both sides of the ball. He specifically called out Cumberlander and Carlberg for their athleticism on the DL.
SeattleBobcat
One Star Recruit

Post by SeattleBobcat »

I didn't see this on your board anywhere, but Dakota Prukop gave an interview to The Bald Faced Truth in Portland. It's long but if you can make it though him talking about fly fishing in Montana, you get to hear his football IQ... I think he's going to do some great things for you guys.

https://soundcloud.com/kxtg-the-bald-fa ... ota-prukop
StevensTechU
All Pac-12

Post by StevensTechU »

SeattleBobcat wrote:I didn't see this on your board anywhere, but Dakota Prukop gave an interview to The Bald Faced Truth in Portland. It's long but if you can make it though him talking about fly fishing in Montana, you get to hear his football IQ... I think he's going to do some great things for you guys.

https://soundcloud.com/kxtg-the-bald-fa ... ota-prukop
Thanks for linking. Smart dude.