Oregon @ Washington State (Sat 6:30 pm Pac-12 Net)

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

QuackininBama
All Pac-12

Re: Oregon @ Washington State (Sat 6:30 pm Pac-12 Net)

Post by QuackininBama »

Nearly a 9pm start. I'll watch the first half but if the Ducks play like they have been I'll just catch the score in the morning. Not staying up till midnight to watch the Ducks s*%t the bed again.
pezsez1
All Pac-12

Post by pezsez1 »

Game starts at 6:30 p.m.

You can watch us bounce back and go to bed happy. :)
Willie Taggart is a dick.
alabamaduck
Four Star Recruit

Post by alabamaduck »

pezsez1 wrote:Game starts at 6:30 p.m.

You can watch us bounce back and go to bed happy. :)

8:30 kickoff in Alabama
dthomas=ddixon

Post by dthomas=ddixon »

I hope we're all strapped in and ready for a really rough next two weeks. We struggle at Wazzu in our best years, can't imagine how we'll pull out a victory in our current state. And the week after... ugh.
QuackininBama
All Pac-12

Post by QuackininBama »

dthomas=ddixon wrote:I hope we're all strapped in and ready for a really rough next two weeks. We struggle at Wazzu in our best years, can't imagine how we'll pull out a victory in our current state. And the week after... ugh.
I will now admit the Huskies are legit. That is going to be FUGLY.
Cedar Tree
Three Star Recruit

Post by Cedar Tree »

Meh, gotta keep things in perspective. They *barely* escaped with a win in overtime against an average-at-best Arizona team, and beat up on an injury-ridden Stanford team at home. *Golf clap*

I'm actually glad the game went the way it did. The players will see the final score, they'll be fired up even more, and Autzen is going to be loud as hell. I, for one, still believe in the Ducks, and still believe they can (and will) win that game.

First thing's first though: let's take care of Wazzu :) Hopefully the players-only meeting and the new "angry" mentality help contribute to a win tonight.
QuackininBama
All Pac-12

Post by QuackininBama »

Cedar Tree wrote:Meh, gotta keep things in perspective. They *barely* escaped with a win in overtime against an average-at-best Arizona team, and beat up on an injury-ridden Stanford team at home. *Golf clap*

I'm actually glad the game went the way it did. The players will see the final score, they'll be fired up even more, and Autzen is going to be loud as hell. I, for one, still believe in the Ducks, and still believe they can (and will) win that game.

First thing's first though: let's take care of Wazzu :) Hopefully the players-only meeting and the new "angry" mentality help contribute to a win tonight.
Kinda grasping at straws for positives but.......they were able to defend Stanfords ONLY weapon McCaffrey. If I had to find a positive to the game, we have 6 "McCaffreys" so we won't be quite so one dimensional.
Duck24
Senior

Post by Duck24 »

QuackininBama wrote:
Cedar Tree wrote:Meh, gotta keep things in perspective. They *barely* escaped with a win in overtime against an average-at-best Arizona team, and beat up on an injury-ridden Stanford team at home. *Golf clap*

Kinda grasping at straws for positives but.......they were able to defend Stanfords ONLY weapon McCaffrey. If I had to find a positive to the game, we have 6 "McCaffreys" so we won't be quite so one dimensional.
Did you see the UW DL? Have you seen our OL? We can have 6 McCaffrey's but it won't mean squat if the OL can't give the QB time or create holes for the backs. We will see how UW does as a favorite and with the whole country drooling over them. It's easy to lose focus and Oregon, despite the struggles, is one of the most talented teams in the conference if not country.
QuackininBama
All Pac-12

Post by QuackininBama »

Duck24 wrote:
QuackininBama wrote:

Did you see the UW DL? Have you seen our OL? We can have 6 McCaffrey's but it won't mean squat if the OL can't give the QB time or create holes for the backs. We will see how UW does as a favorite and with the whole country drooling over them. It's easy to lose focus and Oregon, despite the struggles, is one of the most talented teams in the conference if not country.
Offense hasn't been an issue for the most part. We couldn't stop Portland State from scoring on us but we have a shot if we can outscore them.
Cedar Tree
Three Star Recruit

Post by Cedar Tree »

QuackininBama wrote:

Call it what whatever you want, but one game doesn't define a football team. Unlike you, I'm not going to immediately concede that the game is going to be a "FUGLY" loss.
QuackininBama
All Pac-12

Post by QuackininBama »

Cedar Tree wrote:
QuackininBama wrote:

Call it what whatever you want, but one game doesn't define a football team. Unlike you, I'm not going to immediately concede that the game is going to be a "FUGLY" loss.
Uhh ok? No need to get defensive. If you watched the game you have to admit they played outstanding. It wasn't a fluke. They DOMINATED the offensive and defensive lines, played smart, disciplined football, the entire defense ran to the ballcarrier, the offense took what the defense gave them and scored....I didn't see anything to tell me that wasn't the 10th best team in the country. Then you watch the Ducks play and..........yea.

I hope they prove me wrong, I hope they turn it around, but if they continue to play sloppy, undisciplined football, then Washington is going to trash us. It is what it is.
Cedar Tree
Three Star Recruit

Post by Cedar Tree »

Again... one game doesn't define a football team. Yes, Washington had a good game last night, but I for one am not going to grovel at their feet and concede defeat because of it.
buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

Duck24 wrote:
QuackininBama wrote:

It's hilarious to me that people here keep acting like our OL is bad, yet every metric used to grade them says otherwise. He'll just last night I saw Carson York say that the 4 FR are better than any of the OL he played with during his time at UO. That's some hefty praise for them. Again, I don't think some of you understand what the OL is supposed to do when zone blocking.
TualatinDuck
Senior

Post by TualatinDuck »

Anyone have a stream link for the game? I'm apparently in pac 12 void this weekend. No bars carry the network and no one around has dish. Wtf! Strangest part, I'm in nor Cal.
"And I can be the warrior for those who are frail and weak,
And I can be the compass for those that search and seek." ~Lem Absher
Phalanx
Senior

Post by Phalanx »

buckmarkduck wrote:
It's hilarious to me that people here keep acting like our OL is bad, yet every metric used to grade them says otherwise. He'll just last night I saw Carson York say that the 4 FR are better than any of the OL he played with during his time at UO. That's some hefty praise for them. Again, I don't think some of you understand what the OL is supposed to do when zone blocking.
Keep these coming. After watching the Huskies stomp all over Stanford, I need to hear some glimmer of positivity about the ducks, like maybe we can win and keep the streak alive. Maybe Stanford just has a terrible line and that's why the Husky front four looked so insanely good. Maybe, whenever they try those moves on the ducks, Royce Freeman will burn them for 10 yards. Maybe the Stanford QB isn't as mobile as Prukop. Keep hope alive. :lol: