Oregon @ Wyoming (Sept. 16, Sat 4 PM CBS Sports Network)

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

Phenom
All Pac-12

Re: Oregon @ Wyoming (Sept. 16, Sat 4 PM CBS Sports Network)

Post by Phenom »

buckmarkduck wrote:I think both Dye and Herbert have a lot to work on before they are too 20 picks. First thing with Dye, size he's just small to play in the nfl and I don't have a solid take on his 40 (Wagner runs a legit 4.4 40) since I've never seen it anywhere. But he's a guy who needs a minimum of 10lbs-20lbs more. Herbert still has a hard time going through his reads, shaking off previous bad throws and his release point is by his ear, which certainly will need fixing. He's been great but if you watch the games objectively you see a lot Herbert misses, stuff that will lose games in the nfl, and possibly lose UO games this year.
This might all be true but the NFL is all about projection. Hell, if Josh Allen was talked about as a top 10 pick before the season there's no reason to say that Herbert is not in the mix to be a 1st round QB after next season. He has the arm talent, mobility, accuracy (for the most part), intagibles, etc.
UofDuck
Senior

Post by UofDuck »

buckmarkduck wrote:I think both Dye and Herbert have a lot to work on before they are too 20 picks. First thing with Dye, size he's just small to play in the nfl and I don't have a solid take on his 40 (Wagner runs a legit 4.4 40) since I've never seen it anywhere. But he's a guy who needs a minimum of 10lbs-20lbs more. Herbert still has a hard time going through his reads, shaking off previous bad throws and his release point is by his ear, which certainly will need fixing. He's been great but if you watch the games objectively you see a lot Herbert misses, stuff that will lose games in the nfl, and possibly lose UO games this year.
These are true, but relative to any scouting assessment is age/years in a program. Both Dye and Herbert will get bigger. I think I read that Dye is 6' 3". He just need more beef packed on his frame, as does Herbert, but that is married to their both being true sophomores and taken into consideration. In other words, they are probably projected as top 20 "future" picks, even though they have to a ways to go to actually be a top 20 pick. Lastly, in my opinion, Herbert's reads are quite stellar for a true sophomore. I do agree he needs to let bad throws go, but he'll get there.
UofDuck
Senior

Post by UofDuck »

These are true, but relative to any scouting assessment is age/years in a program. Both Dye and Herbert will get bigger. I think I read that Dye is 6' 3". He just need more beef packed on his frame, as does Herbert, but that is married to their both being true sophomores and taken into consideration. In other words, they are probably projected as top 20 "future" picks, even though they have to a ways to go to actually be a top 20 pick. Lastly, in my opinion, Herbert's reads are quite stellar for a true sophomore. I do agree he needs to let bad throws go, but he'll get there.
chapelhillduck
Senior

Post by chapelhillduck »

Duck07 wrote:
ducks5ever wrote:Anyone have any information on what the NFL scouts thought of Rolls Royce, Herbert, Dye, Crosby, etc.?
What he does against Stanford, the poodles, the P12 CG and bowl game will tell you a lot about how high he goes. :
I see what you did there

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk