Gameday Sign Ideas

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

TualatinDuck
Senior

Re: Gameday Sign Ideas

Post by TualatinDuck »

Duck24 wrote:For real though, is anyone actually going to Gameday and willing to make/hold that sign up?
I was, but now have Sat morning training.
"And I can be the warrior for those who are frail and weak,
And I can be the compass for those that search and seek." ~Lem Absher
Duck24
Senior

Post by Duck24 »

TualatinDuck wrote:
Duck24 wrote:For real though, is anyone actually going to Gameday and willing to make/hold that sign up?
I was, but now have Sat morning training.
I’m in a wedding otherwise I’d make the trek down for the chance to taunt Willie. On a different note, football season weddings should be illegal.
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

It's too early. Gameday is one of the few times I wish I was on east coast time..

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
FlDuckFan
All Pac-12
GM: Orlando Magic GM

Post by FlDuckFan »

UOducksTK1 wrote:It's too early. Gameday is one of the few times I wish I was on east coast time..
You say that till the Cal game in a week.
Duck24
Senior

Post by Duck24 »

FlDuckFan wrote:
UOducksTK1 wrote:It's too early. Gameday is one of the few times I wish I was on east coast time..
I despise 7:30pm kickoffs living on the west coast with kids that wake up at 6AM. I’d die on the east coast trying to watch #pac12afterdark.
StevensTechU
All Pac-12

Post by StevensTechU »

Duck24 wrote:
FlDuckFan wrote:
I despise 7:30pm kickoffs living on the west coast with kids that wake up at 6AM. I’d die on the east coast trying to watch #pac12afterdark.
I did it for 4 years. Far too many nights staying at the Oregon bar in NYC until past 1am. I also love waking up on the west coast and games are close to underway.
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

FlDuckFan wrote:
Ha true, can't have the best of both worlds.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
FlDuckFan
All Pac-12
GM: Orlando Magic GM

Post by FlDuckFan »

Duck24 wrote:
FlDuckFan wrote:
The late games don't bother me. While living on the east coast I work nights so I'm used to being up till 4 am est everyday. I usually miss Gameday unless there's a team I like playing but wake up just in time for the first games of the day.
Duckenstein
Freshman

Post by Duckenstein »

I hope the WSU guy is there
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

Duckenstein wrote:I hope the WSU guy is there
Of all the games for the cougar flag not to fly this can not be it. Has the streak actually been broken?
TualatinDuck
Senior

Post by TualatinDuck »

Duck07 wrote:
Of all the games for the cougar flag not to fly this can not be it. Has the streak actually been broken?
Never but a close call happened in Texas in the 2000's.
"And I can be the warrior for those who are frail and weak,
And I can be the compass for those that search and seek." ~Lem Absher
Alan
Senior

Post by Alan »

TualatinDuck wrote:
Duck07 wrote:
Never but a close call happened in Texas in the 2000's.
Gameday has been giving WSU flag attention every show this year so far, announcing the streak and how many consecutive shows so far....... the flag will be there
lukeyrid13
All-American
GM: Portland TrailBlazers

Post by lukeyrid13 »

I talked to a WSU alum about it a few years ago and she said that the alumni group mails the flag each week and they'd find a loyal alum wherever it was needed. It started with a small group and has obviously grown since then and gotten easier to find willing participants.
DuckMastaFunk
Five Star Recruit

Post by DuckMastaFunk »

lukeyrid13 wrote:I talked to a WSU alum about it a few years ago and she said that the alumni group mails the flag each week and they'd find a loyal alum wherever it was needed. It started with a small group and has obviously grown since then and gotten easier to find willing participants.
The flag is pretty sad. It's a constant reminder to everyone that WSU football hasn't been relevant in YEARS. If I were a UW fan I'd be tempted to wear UW gear, and waive the flag around as reminder to WSU that they stink.
Duck24
Senior

Post by Duck24 »

DuckMastaFunk wrote:
lukeyrid13 wrote:I talked to a WSU alum about it a few years ago and she said that the alumni group mails the flag each week and they'd find a loyal alum wherever it was needed. It started with a small group and has obviously grown since then and gotten easier to find willing participants.
The flag is pretty sad. It's a constant reminder to everyone that WSU football hasn't been relevant in YEARS. If I were a UW fan I'd be tempted to wear UW gear, and waive the flag around as reminder to WSU that they stink.
They did a segment on Gameday about it a few years ago. It’s a pretty cool tradition, regardless of the status of the Wazzu program. At this point it almost seems as though Gameday holds a spot for them.