DJ Johnson

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

maxduck
Senior

DJ Johnson

Post by maxduck »

Tweeting he is now eligible and will play in the Redbox Bowl.

DJ Johnson
@SouthSacDJ
Blessed to say that I’m eligible to make my debut and play the last game with my dawgs #ThePredator
chapelhillduck
Senior

Re: DJ Johnson

Post by chapelhillduck »

How is that even possible?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
maxduck
Senior

Post by maxduck »

Just guessing that he has completed an academic year since announcing his transfer? Good news for Oregon if true.
Everythingsducky
Senior

Post by Everythingsducky »

Super excited to see DJ play. Was upset he wasn't eligible to play earlier, but he will be a beast for this defense, and I bet it will be worth the wait.
lmduck

Post by lmduck »

it is true based on the new NCAA rules regarding transfers and red shirts
GrantDuck
Senior

Post by GrantDuck »

It's been a full academic year and he can play the 1 game without burning his RS. Interesting application of the new RS rule.
woundedknees
All-American

Post by woundedknees »

Good timing... DJ has to play HANGRY!
Autzen Stadium... Where great teams go to die...Hard!

chapelhillduck
Senior

Post by chapelhillduck »

GrantDuck wrote:It's been a full academic year and he can play the 1 game without burning his RS. Interesting application of the new RS rule.
Seems like this is a loophole that might not stay open for long (I can see transfers altering playoff scenarios pretty easily)
AshlandDuck
Three Star Recruit

Post by AshlandDuck »

chapelhillduck wrote:
GrantDuck wrote:It's been a full academic year and he can play the 1 game without burning his RS. Interesting application of the new RS rule.
Seems like this is a loophole that might not stay open for long (I can see transfers altering playoff scenarios pretty easily)
I don't see what is wrong with it. If the expiry is one year, it should be one year, provided the player in question has fulfilled all other obligations such as qualifying academically.
maxduck
Senior

Post by maxduck »

Haven't we had basketball transfers that became eligible with winter term? Presumably that would be due to an academic year elapsing.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

maxduck wrote:Haven't we had basketball transfers that became eligible with winter term? Presumably that would be due to an academic year elapsing.
GoDucksTroll
Sophomore

Post by GoDucksTroll »

Johnson has mostly been practicing with the scout team, but it would be pretty sweet to get a preview of his pass rushing ability considering that he's going to be greatly needed next year.
Juice
Four Star Recruit

Post by Juice »

GoDucksTroll wrote:Johnson has mostly been practicing with the scout team, but it would be pretty sweet to get a preview of his pass rushing ability considering that he's going to be greatly needed next year.
Well luckily he will have a good amount of practices before the bowl game to practice w/ the 1's and 2's... They start practice in a couple of days right?
GrandpaDuck
Senior

Post by GrandpaDuck »

Juice wrote:
GoDucksTroll wrote:Johnson has mostly been practicing with the scout team, but it would be pretty sweet to get a preview of his pass rushing ability considering that he's going to be greatly needed next year.
Well luckily he will have a good amount of practices before the bowl game to practice w/ the 1's and 2's... They start practice in a couple of days right?
Scout team for a DL is the great practice. You get more reps against the number 1 and number 2 offensive line than you do at any other spot on the depth chart. For an offensive lineman getting reps to work with your wingman is very important, but DL is less coordinated and more individual beat the man your facing. The work he'll get the next few weeks working with the 1s and 2s wont hurt, but going against the 1s all season by being on the scout team should be great prep for what he'll face in the Bowl.