How bad will the Ducks kill the Griz on Sept 14th? (grizfan)

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

Bear Axed
High School Drop Out

How bad will the Ducks kill the Griz on Sept 14th? (grizfan)

Post by Bear Axed »

I'm making my second trip to Autzen, the 1st trip (2005) was fun...game went about as expected. 47-14
I guessing a repeat of about the same magnitude is also expected .... Thoughts?
Also, we're booked at the Campus Inn across the River, is Walking a good option?
What are my best options in finding a Couple of Great Seats?
(Not the nose bleed section, where the visiting Fans are sent)
Duck07
All-American

Re: How bad will the Ducks kill the Griz on Sept 14th? (griz

Post by Duck07 »

Bear Axed wrote:I'm making my second trip to Autzen, the 1st trip (2005) was fun...game went about as expected. 47-14
Also, we're booked at the Campus Inn across the River, is Walking a good option?
Walking is the best option homey. Over the River and Through the Woods, to Autzen Stadium we go!

We're going to use a heavy dose of power running and Herbert throwing deep on offense.
GoDucksTroll
Sophomore

Post by GoDucksTroll »

Bear Axed wrote:I'm making my second trip to Autzen, the 1st trip (2005) was fun...game went about as expected. 47-14
Welcome, Bear Axed!

As for a game prediction, at times last season we struggled against both Bowling Green and San Jose State. This isn't the type of team that's built to take a 49-0 lead into half time, and we'll go vanilla for an easier game. I think something like 49-20 is a likely outcome.

You can definitely walk to the game from your hotel. Getting tickets that are better than the normal visitor section should be pretty easy. The official site is https://goducks.com/sports/2016/6/25/fo ... ckets.aspx but you can find better deals on the secondary market. Early season (students don't arrive yet) and an FCS opponent will mean lots of tix for sale on stubhub and other secondary sites. For games I'm iffy on whether I'll go to I wait for a few days before the game and peruse stubhub. There's a few I didn't feel like going down to and then I saw some prime seats at thievery prices.
Bear Axed
High School Drop Out

Post by Bear Axed »

GoDucksTroll wrote:
Welcome, Bear Axed!

As for a game prediction, at times last season we struggled against both Bowling Green and San Jose State. This isn't the type of team that's built to take a 49-0 lead into half time, and we'll go vanilla for an easier game. I think something like 49-20 is a likely outcome.

You can definitely walk to the game from your hotel. Getting tickets that are better than the normal visitor section should be pretty easy. The official site is https://goducks.com/sports/2016/6/25/fo ... ckets.aspx but you can find better deals on the secondary market. Early season (students don't arrive yet) and an FCS opponent will mean lots of tix for sale on stubhub and other secondary sites. For games I'm iffy on whether I'll go to I wait for a few days before the game and peruse stubhub. There's a few I didn't feel like going down to and then I saw some prime seats at thievery prices.
Thanks, what's the best Pre-Game Breakfast spot between the Campus Inn and Autzen?
GoDucksTroll
Sophomore

Post by GoDucksTroll »

Bear Axed wrote:
GoDucksTroll wrote:
Welcome, Bear Axed!

Thanks, what's the best Pre-Game Breakfast spot between the Campus Inn and Autzen?
For breakfast the Original Pancake House is on the way, and on game day mornings gets pretty packed. It's a chain, so not like you're getting some unique to Eugene experience, but it's not uncommon to see well known UO people or athletes in there. Besides, who can turn down a bacon filled pancake slathered in syrup?

Track Town Pizza is my Eugene favorite, and a visit to there is a must in my book. It is always packed before and after a game. I'm not proud to admit I've taken a two hour each way detour to get that pizza. Just kidding, I'm pretty proud of that.

If you're looking for a campus bar experience then Taylor's (if they don't manage to lose their liquor license by then) and Rennie's are right next to each other, by the Duck Store. We also started selling beer at the stadium, which I'm not a huge fan of, but you can wet your whistle during the game. We do have new clear bag/purse rules, so be aware of those.
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

How do the grizzlies look this year?

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
Bear Axed
High School Drop Out

Post by Bear Axed »

UOducksTK1 wrote:How do the Grizzlies (sp) look this year?
About like we were in 2005...issues up front on both sides
Our Coach from '05 has returned...the Griz went through a bit of turmoil since we were the FCS powerhouse of 17 straight playoff appearances.. we even had a losing season a couple of years ago.
Our skill players are not pac12 caliber other than a few dropdowns who didn't crack the line-up where they were and a few local walk-ons no one else looked at... Our Qb and a couple of our faster receivers will hook up a few times, Our running game has been in the "nowhere to be found" category for a few years now....
I don't see the chance of an upset coming, just a money game where we hope injuries are minimal - we Love the MONEY - Griz Travel well - we had over 10,000 Griz fans in Seattle against UW two years ago for that thrashing...
(when we play down, the payout is always under 100 grand)
Bear Axed
High School Drop Out

Post by Bear Axed »

OK...one more really important Question
Is fall Chinook season usually open in the Portland area mid-September?
If so, any good recommendations for a good fishing guide below Bonneville?
lukeyrid13
All-American
GM: Portland TrailBlazers

Post by lukeyrid13 »

Tickets will be very easy to come by TBH. We typically struggle to sell out against FCS opponents. You could likely get tickets for 20-5 each. 40 tops.

Visitors will be in sections 38-40 depending on how many visitors you guys bring. It's in the corner but there's not a bad seat in Autzen IMO.

Walking over the bridge is not bad at all and probably 20k do it. Track Town is great, I suggest just getting a personal pizza if you like a lot of toppings. Best bang for your buck.
desertfan
Three Star Recruit

Post by desertfan »

I was at that 2005 game and can confirm Montana fans travel exceptionally well, seriously they brought more fans then most pac 12 schools bring.
Bear Axed
High School Drop Out

Post by Bear Axed »

desertfan wrote:I was at that 2005 game and can confirm Montana fans travel exceptionally well, seriously they brought more fans then most pac 12 schools bring.
We are the Only Team in the STATE of Montana ...although those guys at the little college you got Prukup from, don't "feel" that way....
TualatinDuck
Senior

Post by TualatinDuck »

https://m.facebook.com/PhilWildmanOutdo ... ent_filter

Good friend of mine and excellent guide.
"And I can be the warrior for those who are frail and weak,
And I can be the compass for those that search and seek." ~Lem Absher
Bear Axed
High School Drop Out

Post by Bear Axed »

TualatinDuck wrote:https://m.facebook.com/PhilWildmanOutdo ... ent_filter

Thanks...I'll get a hold of him as soon as I know if it'll be before or after the game day
TualatinDuck
Senior

Post by TualatinDuck »

Bear Axed wrote:
TualatinDuck wrote:https://m.facebook.com/PhilWildmanOutdo ... ent_filter

Thanks...I'll get a hold of him as soon as I know if it'll be before or after the game day
Tell him Best Buy Rob referred you. Yes I have a boat load of nicknames.
"And I can be the warrior for those who are frail and weak,
And I can be the compass for those that search and seek." ~Lem Absher