Max Unger's Stock Rising

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

dthomas=ddixon

Max Unger's Stock Rising

Post by dthomas=ddixon »

http://nflblog.dallasnews.com/archives/ ... n-c-m.html

"Center Max Unger started 51 consecutive games in the spread offense of the University of Oregon. He doesn't think the offense will catch on in the NFL like it has at the college level.

"The quarterbacks in the NFL get paid quite a bit of money," Unger said. "In my time at Oregon we went through at least 20 quarterbacks."

The spread offense means more receivers on the field and more options for the quarterback -- but also fewer blockers. That means more hits on the quarterback. When quarterbacks get hit they get hurt. Which is why the NFL is always on the lookout for better blockers. That will never change. The 6-4 1/2, 309-pound Unger, a two-time All-Pac pick, will be a first-day draft selection. He also started 27 games in his career at left tackle and the final two seasons at center."
huckthefuskies
Three Star Recruit

Re: Max Unger's Stock Rising

Post by huckthefuskies »

I agree, although I didn't quite count that many qb's. If there is one comforting fact it is Chip might be safer. Coach MB has turned down a lot of pro/other jobs while he has been here. It doesn't seem as though he was ever chasing the fame or money that maybe he even deserved. I have been worried if Chips success in a year or two could lead to options, and whether he could turn down a 4 or 5 mill a year contract. The bright side is it will probably have to come from the college level.