Canzano's Lyles Interview

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

chapelhillduck
Senior

Canzano's Lyles Interview

Post by chapelhillduck »

Anyone catch this? Apparently Chip gave Lache a pair of Jordan's, something like one of only two ever made. WTF? Is Chip that stupid?
GrandpaDuck
Senior

Re: Canzano's Lyles Interview

Post by GrandpaDuck »

chapelhillduck wrote:Anyone catch this? Apparently Chip gave Lache a pair of Jordan's, something like one of only two ever made. WTF? Is Chip that stupid?
On Educk some are saying this was part of the gear that they wear while on their recruiting visit but they don't get to keep it.
mm55
Four Star Recruit

Post by mm55 »

once again we don't know that this is true. This is Lyles version of things. At this point Lyles is doing his best to keep himself in the media. Let's be honest Lyles probably knew exactly what Canzano wanted to hear.

Perhaps there is a reason UO is laying low. Let Lyles keep talking and hopefully hang himself with his constantly changing story.
MM in Cali
buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

This is funny, the guy can't sell his crap anymore and now works for $8hr, but noooo he has no reason to lie or like grandpaduck said maybe stretch the truth.
Destroyer77
Five Star Recruit

Post by Destroyer77 »

Do you guys realize just how many times Canzano has tried to tie Oregon to giving gear to recruits? This is at least the 3rd time that I can remember.
MFRDuckFan
Senior

Post by MFRDuckFan »

The things that tick me off about Clownzano is he is never held accountable when his "inside information" or him talking out his a$$ proves to be inaccurate. He still keeps his job and he still gets Chip on his show. Why should he change when all he has to do is lie and never have his feet held to the fire. Chip still gives him all of the attention he wants. Makes me want to throw up.
Handsome Dan
Four Star Recruit

Post by Handsome Dan »

The only quote that truly mattered to me in the interview:

"The kid wanted to go to school there."

Lyles has consistently absolved us of the most egregious possible violations, which drastically limits the scope of any potential sanctions. He was deliberately unclear whether Oregon (i.e. Phil Knight) made the shoes for Lache on the recruiting visit or gave them to Lache to keep, and otherwise made it look like Oregon got irrationally frightened for their level of wrongdoing when the initial news of this came out in March.
HomeFieldAdvantage
Three Star Recruit

Post by HomeFieldAdvantage »

MFRDuckFan wrote:The things that tick me off about Clownzano is he is never held accountable when his "inside information" or him talking out his a$$ proves to be inaccurate. He still keeps his job and he still gets Chip on his show. Why should he change when all he has to do is lie and never have his feet held to the fire. Chip still gives him all of the attention he wants. Makes me want to throw up.

I will never understand why in the world Chip continued to go on his show. Now he is using it as part of his case to "prove" why the Ducks are guilty! How about Chip goes on 1080 The Fan up here in Portland instead?

The thing that bothers me the most about Canzano is not that he takes sides in his articles but that he passes judgement in all of them. It is disgusting.
karlhungis
All Pac-12

Post by karlhungis »

I just can't believe that the clown is given a radio show on "THE HOME OF THE DUCKS", when he has shown time and again that he will do anything in his power to bring down the program. I understand free speech but he shouldn't be on the home of the ducks.
OregonFan4life -
My source just said Chip is officially back!
It will be announced at Autzen press conference tomorrow afternoon!
Sooth
Four Star Recruit

Post by Sooth »

i would suggest to clownzano that he puts his money where his mouth is.

he keeps demanding that oregon fans turn in their season tickets and demand better from the oregon football program.

why doesn't he and the oregonian practice what they preach? don't come to duck games, don't write about oregon in your crummy little newspaper or talk about the ducks on your radio shows.

if chip kelly and the ducks are so terrible then why are you still busy making money of them?

watch the oregonian come crawling back when the ducks have another good season.

they'll be selling their oregon duck newsprint photographs again.

hypocrites and opportunists.
Sooth
Four Star Recruit

Post by Sooth »

bytheway,

3 things the clown is doing here.

the oregonian, and more specifically clownzano, were getting raked over the coals by their colleagues in the media for just being reactionary to the yahoo articles and not uncovering anything themselves.

so this is the clown's attempt at staying relevant. and just like any other story he tries to get out in front of, it will ultimately be proven false.

another thing that happened with the last yahoo article is that clownzano lost the scope of his arguments. while giving credibility to lyles, he inadvertently undermined his entire original argument. i.e. oregon paid 25k for lache seastrunk.

now he is trying to bring that allegation full circle with a silly story about shoes.

and lastly, just know that all these ridiculous allegations from the clown aren't going stop until he gets what he ultimately wants. which is an exclusive interview with chip kelly. he's attempting to bull-bait him into coming on his show. it's an old, pathetic tactic he's employed since the truly regrettable day he decided to come to the city of portland.

so as long as chip won't talk to him, he'll keep throwing rocks at the hornet's nest like an ignorant little child whose parents didn't believe in him.
TheMaehlMan
Junior

Post by TheMaehlMan »

If this had evidence to support the claim, Charles Robinson would have ran with it in his last article..But of course Canzano knows very little about journalistic integrity!

Going to miss the Maehl Man
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

I skimmed the article and it's full of conjecture, which can sway a lot of readers in way that could be really far from the truth. I think that Chip needs to stop going on his show and give all his interviews to Rob Moseley, who can't get back from his honeymoon fast enough as the R-G's football page is turning into OregonLive with Schroeder and Jude at the helm.
ducklydoright
Two Star Recruit

Post by ducklydoright »

I don't get why Canzano even had to interview Lyles. He should know the entire story, what with all of his "Inside Sources" in the Oregon athletic department.
One of my favorite Canzanoism's was in 09' when Masoli was out with a minor knee injury and Canzano claimed that his "Inside Sources" within the Oregon Athletic Department were telling him that Jeremiah's knee injury was actually much more serious than they were letting on and that JM would probably be out for the rest of the season. HOW DID THAT TURN OUT JACKA$$?
There are a LOT of things I can't stand about Canzano but one of the things that really pisses me off is what he does when he is proved wrong. All Oregon fans remember that night in Boise where Blount dropped Hout and in the preceding days and weeks Canzano proceeded to tell Coach Kelly how to do his job. I vividly remember how "disappointed" JC was in Coach Kelly for not kicking Blount off of the team, because as JC put it LGB was a thug unworthy of an opportunity to make things right and to try and prove that point he tried to bring up dirt on LGB. Now I don't remember how everything went down but I seem to recall (A bit hazy) that Canzano tried to claim that during a practice in 08' Lagarrette Blount went after another player and inadvertently hit Coach Bellotti. Coach Bellotti denied it but Canzano was not going to let Bellotti make him look like a fool, even though he already is, so he claimed that he had "Multiple Inside sources/former players" that witnessed the alleged punch and that Bellotti was lying.
It's no secret that John Canzano has had it out for Oregon ever since Mrs. Bellotti punked him after he went after their son in an article. He is a piece of garbage who pretends that he likes Oregon/Chip, yet he never misses an opportunity to take pot shots at the Oregon program. Canzano has an agenda and instead of acting like a real journalist he forms his opinion and cherry picks quotes, facts, interviews and even fabricates "Inside Sources" to help prove himself right.
If we do end up being exonerated of all the things JC is accusing us of I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for him to apologize. He has crossed a line and has proven in the past that instead of admitting any wrongdoing he would rather lie, fabricate info and put the blame on anyone but him. Pathetic if you ask me!!!!
TheMaehlMan
Junior

Post by TheMaehlMan »

Apparently Lyles has been backtracking on certain statements while talking with Isaac and Big Suke. I did not listen to the interview, but apparently it made Canzano's little shoe entry look absolutely hilarious.

Going to miss the Maehl Man