Your favorite Autzen moments.......

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

DuckInDeschutes
High School Drop Out

Your favorite Autzen moments.......

Post by DuckInDeschutes »

A good way to get this thing rollin'.......

Too many for me to list, but right at the top would be the Keith Lewis blocked punt and subsequent fumble recovery and TD by Jordan Carey against Michigan. It was at that point that it really dawned on me that we just had it that day and were going to beat Michigan.

(Disclaimer: I, unfortunately, can't claim The Pick as my favorite as I wasn't able to attend the game that day. One of the few games I've missed since 1986.)

AJ_U
Three Star Recruit

Re: Your favorite Autzen moments.......

Post by AJ_U »

The first game i ever went to at Autzen was against the huskies and some guy named Kenny Wheaton made an interception, I think?

other than that, loved watching the ducks beat OU in 05, Michigan game was great, Gameday coming twice in one year,

Now that I think about it there are a ton of great moments at autzen.
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

Matthew Harper picking off Sanchez to seal out win over USC was my most memorable moment at Autzen. Beating USC doesn't happen that often (especially recently). And the way we won and outplayed them was just awesome.

That was the first time I ever walked on the field too. :D

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
Tray Dub
All Pac-12

Post by Tray Dub »

After the ASU (or was it USC?) game I rushed the field with everyone and I was one of the people throwing Patrick Chung up on the air while the Sun Devils walked off the field. 2007 was such a great year.
briarduck
Senior

Post by briarduck »

Its definitely the pick for me. My wife said the games over I'm going to go to the rest room before the place empties...I remember saying to her "it ain't over till its over" its funny how these things happen, she still can't believe she missed it! Funny stuff and what a game that changed UO forever!!

GO DUCKS!!

formerly laderaduck
GO DUCKS!! WTD!
woundedknees
All-American

Post by woundedknees »

I was supervising a bunch of HS students operating a consession booth on the North Rim of Autzen when the Pick took place...

I went over the counter, jumped up on the wall behind about 15-20 Husky fans, and cut loose with a Tarzan yell that embarrassed the hellout of those kids at the time... Now they think it makes me an icon, LOL!
Autzen Stadium... Where great teams go to die...Hard!

RHDuck
One Star Recruit

Post by RHDuck »

Well my favorite moment would either be when the field goal was blocked against Oklahoma or when Harper got the pick to seal the win against SC. Autzen went absolutely bonkers both times.
BigKen23
One Star Recruit

Post by BigKen23 »

Easily my favorite would be the screen pass for a touchdown to T. Whitehead against Fresno State. I almost fell down on top of a bunch of people I was jumping around so much.
gofightingducks
All Pac-12

Post by gofightingducks »

My favorite moment is still to come (since I have never been to a game at Autzen yet, but have 3 games planned this year). But my favorite moment will be in the Civil War game which the Ducks will win to finish an undefeated regular season and play for a NC!!!! :P
Last edited by gofightingducks on Sun Jan 11, 2009 9:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
ducksrock
Senior

Post by ducksrock »

Maybe this year? Wouldnt that be sweet.....Starting the season against 3 formidable opponents and a favorable home schedule....Hmmmm, I am thinkin I like that idea....A WHOLE LOT....
chapelhillduck
Senior

Post by chapelhillduck »

The mIchigan game....

greatest football game I've ever seen and the stadium was completely crazy
MFRDuckFan
Senior

Post by MFRDuckFan »

woundedknees wrote:I was supervising a bunch of HS students operating a consession booth on the North Rim of Autzen when the Pick took place...

I went over the counter, jumped up on the wall behind about 15-20 Husky fans, and cut loose with a Tarzan yell that embarrassed the hellout of those kids at the time... Now they think it makes me an icon, LOL!
My hubbies favorite memory too as he went to the bathroom........so he gets to relive it every home game at Autzen!! Every game it comes up on the screen and he's telling everybody around us "yeah, I was in the can"!!! :lol: :lol:
MFRDuckFan
Senior

Post by MFRDuckFan »

For 2008, my favorite game was the Stanford game with six seconds left and Masoli/Blount seal the deal. Thought I was going to have a heart attack!!!

Favorite CW at Autzen was in 2005............pouring down rain. Sweet victory!!
woundedknees
All-American

Post by woundedknees »

My earliest favorite would be the, 'Phantom Broken Fingernail FG Block', that won a game against UCLA in the early 70's... When the player who blocked it ran to the sidelines holding up his sore digit, I thought he was trying to say, "We're # 1!"
Autzen Stadium... Where great teams go to die...Hard!

ducksball
Three Star Recruit

Post by ducksball »

my favorite is probably either the Cal overtime game of 05 i think watching Brady hit Fatman Finley with the TD pass. The best on field memory has to be after the SC game last year i was so riled up and the adrenaline was pumping..i went up to a USC samoan lineman..told him it was a great game, got the look of death like he was about to kill me, then ran away.