Your favorite Autzen moments.......

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

razduck12
Two Star Recruit

Re: Your favorite Autzen moments.......

Post by razduck12 »

The Michigan is up there, as well as Oklahoma, and any home game from last season is up there.

BUT mine was the morning of the Cal game last year. It was so electric to be tailgating at 7am and heading over to Gameday. It was an awesome moment in my mind, even though the day didnt turn out the best that was a heck of a tailgate/pregame, and the stadium before kickoff was the only time I think I have heard it as loud as the Michigan game.
Penky26
Four Star Recruit

Post by Penky26 »

Since I cant say my favorite moment actually being at Autzen, I will say my favorite moment watching was the Michigan game. Felt so sweet seeing the Ducks win and be able to just see all my buddies go dead silent. Although seeing the Ducks come to Michigan Stadium and kill Michigan was my favorite Duck moment, what a great day that was, got to meet Snoop and Dixon
MFRDuckFan
Senior

Post by MFRDuckFan »

Penky26 wrote:Since I cant say my favorite moment actually being at Autzen, I will say my favorite moment watching was the Michigan game. Felt so sweet seeing the Ducks win and be able to just see all my buddies go dead silent. Although seeing the Ducks come to Michigan Stadium and kill Michigan was my favorite Duck moment, what a great day that was, got to meet Snoop and Dixon
I can't believe I coughed up my seat so my husband could take a buddy. Ugh!! I've got to tell you, that was THE hardest game for me to miss............ they both said it was so loud you could not even hear each other standing right next to one another.
duckfan96
Senior

Post by duckfan96 »

Any wins against the Ewe and UW. The Michigan game was the loudest IMO.
duckgrad99
All Pac-12

Post by duckgrad99 »

The Michigan game was the loudest sporting event I have ever attended.
Robstu
One Star Recruit

Post by Robstu »

I thought the USC game last year was pretty epic! I don't know how high I jumped when Mathew Harper picked that pass off! :lol:
myduckisenormous
High School Drop Out

Post by myduckisenormous »

The very first ESPN game day visit vs UCLA was by far the loudest Autzen has ever been..not even close.

The next week vs the huskies was the next loudest, then maybe the Michigan game. But that game day atmosphere, the very first one to visit Autzen, a ranked UCLA team, a fired up Oregon team and the crowd...it was incredible. And I've been going to Oregon games since Fouts Played.
Ducks08
One Star Recruit

Post by Ducks08 »

UW. The Pick. Amazing game!! Wasn't at the Michigan game. :x But Oklahoma was a pretty dang good one too.
dd10snoop28
Senior
GM: New Jersey Nets GM

Post by dd10snoop28 »

I wish I could say Oklahoma, but yes shame on me for leaving early.
Duckxing
Two Star Recruit

Post by Duckxing »

Has to be my first game. When I was younger my parents used to take us to the Portland State games, when Pokey Allen was the coach, and I rember thinking how good those teams were. Thinking that they could beat anybody. So when PSU played Oregon on Sept 3, 1994 and got absolutely killed, Oregon became my new favorite team. 1994 turned out to be a pretty good year to start rooting for the Ducks and I haven't stopped since.
sickaduck
Four Star Recruit

Post by sickaduck »

Every time I go.

I know that that is a cheesy answer, but everytime I go to Autzen for a game is an incredible time. There aren't a lot of things that can compare to the atmosphere and excitement that build till kickoff and nothing beats the time spent with friends watching the ducks.

Watching J-Stew set the record for the longest run at Autzen was pretty sweet, especially since I was up in the stadium club and he was running right at me :D
OreDucks01284
Senior

Post by OreDucks01284 »

Michgan game in 2003 was the loudest game i ever went to. Im deaf and its just crazy for my hearing aids.
bendduck
High School Drop Out

Post by bendduck »

BYU in '90 Ty Detmer gets demolished by the Ducks D(and goes on to win the heisman), 5 interceptions, sacks galore, and the first safety I ever saw live by Marcus Woods. It was a good day to be a Duck!
featherbutt
Two Star Recruit

Post by featherbutt »

bendduck wrote:BYU in '90 Ty Detmer gets demolished by the Ducks D(and goes on to win the heisman), 5 interceptions, sacks galore, and the first safety I ever saw live by Marcus Woods. It was a good day to be a Duck!

I have to second that. That was a great game.

Also, same year, last game of the season, Bill Musgrave connects with Vince Ferry (2nd string TE) to come from behind and beat Tommy Maddox and UCLA. EPIC. It was the last pass Musgrave threw in Autzen.
Juice
Four Star Recruit

Post by Juice »

1999. USC. There isn't really one play that stands out in my mind with this game, but I always hated SC (liked UCLA growing up), it was 3OTs, and my pops and I didn't get home to Portland until 4am.

2005. Oregon State. The "Fog Bowl" CW.. I was only able to remember the Aaron Gipson pick 6, and the JStew KO return for TD.. It was my first experience bringing a camelbak into the stadium. hahahaha.

2006. Oklahoma. I still remember how silent the entire stadium got right before Paysinger caught DD's pass. Then leaping over the railings only to watch OU return the kick into field position lol, being stuck in that "buffer zone" walkway in between the field and the stands.. Phillips with the FG block and its up and over the walls..

2007. USC. First time we beat SC since 2001.

But nothing that I've been to can touch
2003. Michigan. Lightning Strikes. That game was so sick. Every once in a while i go to keerrritt's youtube and watch the steven moore PR td and the Keith Lewis block kick/ td recovery. It was the only time I've ever seen my pops jump up and down all pumped up like a little kid, hahaha.