Your favorite Autzen moments.......

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

Juice
Four Star Recruit

Re: Your favorite Autzen moments.......

Post by Juice »

Penky26 wrote:Since I cant say my favorite moment actually being at Autzen, I will say my favorite moment watching was the Michigan game. Felt so sweet seeing the Ducks win and be able to just see all my buddies go dead silent. Although seeing the Ducks come to Michigan Stadium and kill Michigan was my favorite Duck moment, what a great day that was, got to meet Snoop and Dixon
yeah man that game was awesome. we saw Luke Jackson walking around and talked to him for a bit at halftime. UM probably the classiest fans I've ever run into (students don't count bc they are dumbass kids most of the time haha).. that may have had something to do with the fact that they lost to App State the week before so maybe they were already humbled.. either way I enjoyed my trip to AA.
ducksball
Three Star Recruit

Post by ducksball »

swagnatic101 wrote:
Penky26 wrote:Since I cant say my favorite moment actually being at Autzen, I will say my favorite moment watching was the Michigan game. Felt so sweet seeing the Ducks win and be able to just see all my buddies go dead silent. Although seeing the Ducks come to Michigan Stadium and kill Michigan was my favorite Duck moment, what a great day that was, got to meet Snoop and Dixon
yeah man that game was awesome. we saw Luke Jackson walking around and talked to him for a bit at halftime. UM probably the classiest fans I've ever run into (students don't count bc they are dumbass kids most of the time haha).. that may have had something to do with the fact that they lost to App State the week before so maybe they were already humbled.. either way I enjoyed my trip to AA.
Me too! what great guys/gas in AA. Much better than Norman!
alabamaduck
Four Star Recruit

Post by alabamaduck »

First game at Autzen...THE PICK!
MerDuck
Four Star Recruit

Post by MerDuck »

dudefromor
Two Star Recruit

Post by dudefromor »

when i get out of the navy one of the first things im going to do is go to a ducks game @ Autzen!!!!
"Jeremiah Masoli took home the game's offensive most outstanding player award and then broke into song. Kidding."
http://www.goducks.com/ViewArticle.dbml ... ID=3640641
UofDuck
Senior

Post by UofDuck »

Sorry to put a downer twist on the thread, but I can tell you my least favorite. A fumble in the final minute on the 1 yard line going in for a score that turned into a safety and a loss. I was 50 feet from it and was in sick. The crowd was stunned after being so pumped. My memory might be foggy here, but we would have likely been number 1 in the country within a week or two of that loss/win as was Cal was #2 at that time - I believe.
ducksball
Three Star Recruit

Post by ducksball »

dudefromor wrote:when i get out of the navy one of the first things im going to do is go to a ducks game @ Autzen!!!!
Good for you! Thats gotta be hard being away for autzen. Going through some autzen withdrawals!
KellyODuck
High School Drop Out

Post by KellyODuck »

My most favorite game at Autzen was the Michigan victory. Sadly, the worst was the next week against WSU.

I must say that the funniest event at a game at Autzen was at the WSU game though. Our seats then were right across from the student section, and the basketball team always sat about halfway down and across the aisle. Being the game was a blowout by halftime Luke Jackson was walking up the aisle to leave. He wasn't leaving because of the game, the team always left early to go to practice every game that season. Luke had just announced that he was going to stay the next year and not go into the NBA draft. As he walked by me I got eye contact and said, "Thanks for not leaving." (Meaning not leaving for the NBA draft of course) The way he looked at me I'm sure he thought I was being smart and was talking about his leaving the football game. A couple of years later I was fortunate to talk to his mother and told her the story. She laughed and said she would explain it to Luke.

About the WSU game, it was the hottest game at Autzen I had ever attended. My wife almost passed out from the heat (as she almost did a few years later when we were in Norman, Oklahoma too for that Duck game). So within two weeks at Autzen we were at the loudest (Michigan) and then the hottest (WSU).
MFRDuckFan
Senior

Post by MFRDuckFan »

MerDuck wrote:This has got to be mine:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7_aaYih92ss
:lol: :lol: :lol: That was hilarious. We had sold our tickets for that game & missed it, but the following home game we were there & poor Puddles was up in the box doing his time. That was hilarious. Signs were saying "Free Puddles". That was the talk of the internet for a few weeks.
nogerO
Senior

Post by nogerO »

myduckisenormous wrote:The very first ESPN game day visit vs UCLA was by far the loudest Autzen has ever been..not even close.

The next week vs the huskies was the next loudest, then maybe the Michigan game. But that game day atmosphere, the very first one to visit Autzen, a ranked UCLA team, a fired up Oregon team and the crowd...it was incredible. And I've been going to Oregon games since Fouts Played.
Have to agree. 10 of us came up from Roseburg that morning (arrived at the parking lot at 5:45 am) and tailgated. ESPN golf cart came by and took some footage of our breakfast portion of our tailgater and left their golf cart behind (took the keys, DAMN!) and went walking through the parking lot. When they got back it was suitably decorated! LOL My best friend in Newport recorded game day and upon returning from a commercial me and my buddies were all on National TV. Great watching Corso put on the Duck head. What a great day that was! I agree, my ears were ringing and you had to yell at the top of your lungs to be able to be heard by someone right beside you. Amazing, amazing day.
"To give anything less than your best, is to sacrifice the gift." - Steve Prefontaine
nogerO
Senior

Post by nogerO »

bendduck wrote:BYU in '90 Ty Detmer gets demolished by the Ducks D(and goes on to win the heisman), 5 interceptions, sacks galore, and the first safety I ever saw live by Marcus Woods. It was a good day to be a Duck!
That would be my 2nd favorite game. I was sitting behind the end zone where Detmer got Forearmed to the turf for a safety. Me and a bunch of my buddies immediately started a chant of " B Y WHO? " I swear the whole stadium picked up on it and joined in...

Just so you know, my first game was the very first game played in Autzen. My dad took me and my 2 brothers, I've been hooked ever since...
"To give anything less than your best, is to sacrifice the gift." - Steve Prefontaine
sickaduck
Four Star Recruit

Post by sickaduck »

MFRDuckFan wrote:
MerDuck wrote:This has got to be mine:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7_aaYih92ss
:lol: :lol: :lol: That was hilarious. We had sold our tickets for that game & missed it, but the following home game we were there & poor Puddles was up in the box doing his time. That was hilarious. Signs were saying "Free Puddles". That was the talk of the internet for a few weeks.
I laughed my butt off when he came out and they announced that we had a "special visitor". He missed out on a bunch of push-ups that day...
uodux1212
Senior

Post by uodux1212 »

My first game at Autz was pretty sweet ('86 season), but my favorite has got to be the Michigan game. I have never heard Autz so loud before or since. It was madness...

"How do we go from nine to one?" - Chip Kelly

“Our expectations are to win every game we play." - CK
GoDucksIn09
Senior

Post by GoDucksIn09 »

Soooo many Autzen moments to consider and to pick a favorite. Before revealing my favorite a couple comments from my perspective. First in comparison the UCLA game where ESPN came for the first tim I agree was loud but in my opinion it wasnt near as loud or intense as the Michigan game. I have never seen anything like that. I still can remember everybody taking a collective sigh at end of game then just pure mayhem. Yes the Michigan game would be my favorite since I wasnt there for the pick. I kick myself cause had chance to go. Second would be the victory over USC 2007 as that was the most intense Pac 10 game I have seen in ages. Favorite Civil War moment.. are actually two of them. First Keenan Howry returning punt for a touchdown in 2001.. or the fog bowl where Stewart disappeared into the fog.. then couple seconds later came out on west end and scored a touchdown. I can remember thinking where is he.. where is he and then he appeared. A lot of great moments its soooooo hard to pick one but there is a couple of mine.
VinnyKnuckles
Four Star Recruit

Post by VinnyKnuckles »

GoDucksIn09 wrote:Soooo many Autzen moments to consider and to pick a favorite. Before revealing my favorite a couple comments from my perspective. First in comparison the UCLA game where ESPN came for the first tim I agree was loud but in my opinion it wasnt near as loud or intense as the Michigan game. I have never seen anything like that. I still can remember everybody taking a collective sigh at end of game then just pure mayhem. Yes the Michigan game would be my favorite since I wasnt there for the pick. I kick myself cause had chance to go. Second would be the victory over USC 2007 as that was the most intense Pac 10 game I have seen in ages. Favorite Civil War moment.. are actually two of them. First Keenan Howry returning punt for a touchdown in 2001.. or the fog bowl where Stewart disappeared into the fog.. then couple seconds later came out on west end and scored a touchdown. I can remember thinking where is he.. where is he and then he appeared. A lot of great moments its soooooo hard to pick one but there is a couple of mine.
Great choices. I agree with you about the Michigan game. Lloyd Carr's comments about Autzen Stadium following the game were not surprising. I just wish the crowd could bring that same level of energy and noise every single game, regardless of the opponent. Not gonna happen, but it would be nice.