Ex-Ducks NFL Status

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

fpsduck
Senior

Re: Ex-Ducks NFL Status

Post by fpsduck »

Mariota with a good day.

17-24 for 284 yds, 3 TDs and 7 rushes for 64 yds.

And they won.
thomas time
Senior

Post by thomas time »

J stew 2 tds, Ed Dickson and Blount with 1 td both
Alan
Senior

Post by Alan »

fpsduck wrote:Mariota with a good day.

17-24 for 284 yds, 3 TDs and 7 rushes for 64 yds.

And they won.
All I can do is watch for highlights on red zone and the internet after the game, but Marcus has looked very good the last two games. I think he's settling in and getting comfortable with his role as a franchise QB.... Titans 3-3 and in second place in the south. I'm enjoying being a Titan fan and cheering for a .500 team.
Duckattack7
Five Star Recruit

Post by Duckattack7 »

Marcus needs a top receiver and they will be solid.
Return Of the Quack!
duckfan96
Senior

Post by duckfan96 »

They need to draft carrington next year.
Alan
Senior

Post by Alan »

Duckattack7 wrote:Marcus needs a top receiver and they will be solid.
I agree they need another top notch receiver although he has some very good target now. Their GM made some great moves in the off season that really helped, starting with trading their #1 draft pick. Conklin, the center from Houston, Murray, another Hiesman winner in Henry and a big surprise at a good receiver in Sharpe. I think their on the move upward.
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

duckfan96 wrote:They need to draft carrington next year.
Sadly I don't think DC would be a good fit, he's too similar to Sharpe and Matthews and they need a WR who can take the top off. Getting Wright back was a big help for the offense and Robiskie seems to be grasping what he has in Marcus and Co. better each week.

Fortunately the Draft should be rich in a few positions that the Titans need. Safety, Edge, CB, WR.
buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

Carrington isn't going to be a top WR. He can have an nice career, but people are overrating him if they think he'll be a true #1 WR.
ArkansasDuck
Three Star Recruit

Post by ArkansasDuck »

Alan wrote:
Duckattack7 wrote:Marcus needs a top receiver and they will be solid.
I agree they need another top notch receiver although he has some very good target now. Their GM made some great moves in the off season that really helped, starting with trading their #1 draft pick. Conklin, the center from Houston, Murray, another Hiesman winner in Henry and a big surprise at a good receiver in Sharpe. I think their on the move upward.

How good does that Conklin pick look right now? He (RT) and Lewan (LT) have combined to allow 0 QB sacks and 0 QB hits so far through 6 games....they've played some pretty dang good pass rushers too so far like Khalil Mack, Anthony Barr, Jadaveon Clowney, Suh, Cam Wake etc. Lewan is the top rated LT in the league and Conklin is top 5. This offensive line has been night and day better than last year and is a huge reason why the Titans are having more success and why Mariota looks much more comfortable because he doesn't have to worry about getting creamed every play like he did last season. I don't think they're a great team, but I do think they have some good pieces on both sides and with another offseason of drafting and FA I think they are certainly heading up. About the only gripe I have with mariota is that he makes one or two stupid throws per game. Throws, usually on the run, that he used to get by with in college but can't in the NFL. But you take the good with the bad and he seems to be developing into the franchise QB that we thought he would be. His teammates love him, the city loves him. He's a great fit in Nashville as odd as it might seem.
buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

Biggus Duckus wrote:Huff with a 98-yard kickoff return TD
Do we have anyone as good as explosive as Huff was at WR right now? I don't think so, that's what we seem to be missing right now. I wonder if Red finds himself returning kicks and playing some O next year.
Alan
Senior

Post by Alan »

Biggus Duckus wrote:Huff with a 98-yard kickoff return TD
Isn't that two for him this season?
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
thomas time
Senior

Post by thomas time »

Marcus looked good tonight, 18-22 270 yards, 2 td's and 0 int's
Phalanx
Senior

Post by Phalanx »

Marcus has gone from near the bottom to 13th so far in QB efficiency. The competition has not been very good lately, so I expect things to tighten up for him going forward, but he does seem to be figuring out some things. Titans have some extra picks in the early rounds of the next draft as well (the Rams' 1st and 3rd round picks), so things are looking up for them.
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

All those in my group who made fun of me for taking him as high as I did on my fantasy team.. They ain't laughing now!

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13