Ex-Ducks NFL Status

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

Weston
Three Star Recruit

Re: Ex-Ducks NFL Status

Post by Weston »

And Patrick Chung was released by Chip and the Eagles. Too bad. Hope he gets picked up by somebody.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

LeGarrette is now with the Steelers.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutd ... 38887.html
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

I'm sure this was mentioned before, but Kaddu..
http://www.philadelphiaeagles.com/team/ ... e13028f02/

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

Weston wrote:And Patrick Chung was released by Chip and the Eagles. Too bad. Hope he gets picked up by somebody.
Patriots re-signed Pat on a 1-year deal.
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by UOducksTK1 »

@Jonathanstewar1 Everyone welcome my fellow former duck teammate @EdDickson84 to the carolina panthers #goducks #PantherNation

FlDuckFan
All Pac-12
GM: Orlando Magic GM

Post by FlDuckFan »

Looks like LaMichael may be on the move soon, can't really blame him. I didn't see why they drafted him in the first place but hopefully he goes to a place where can have an impact. Would like to see him in Jacksonville with Toby.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap200000 ... rade-block
mm55
Four Star Recruit

Post by mm55 »

Harbaugh could never figure out how to use LMJ. It seems like he (Harbaugh) played some head games with him too at least that is what some close to the team have hinted at. The 49ers offense is very old school. Harbaugh in no way is as innovative as CK. He does not adapt to the people he has. The 49ers plan this year is to run Gore into the ground and use Lattimore. Lattimore blew out both knees in college in a major way. I hope the guy makes it because he is good but clearly it will be at the expense of LMJ and risking your running game on a guy with two questionable knees makes one wonder.

SF was never a good fit for LMJ. I remember when they drafted him and I thought what are they thinking- he does not fit their scheme and in all fairness James had some major gaffes in games but again the word is that Harbaugh and Tom Rathman really played some games with him and some even say did their best to destroy his confidence. Who really knows for sure but I hope for LMJ that he lands in a good place and plays for someone who can figure out how to best use him.

The 49ers are a mess with all their off field issues and word is that there is a lot of infighting amongst upper management which is never a good thing. TO have all these off field issues when you are asking your fan base to lay out a whole bunch of cash on seats in a new stadium is a very bad situation.
MM in Cali
Elduderino
Senior

Post by Elduderino »

mm55 wrote:Harbaugh could never figure out how to use LMJ. It seems like he (Harbaugh) played some head games with him too at least that is what some close to the team have hinted at. The 49ers offense is very old school. Harbaugh in no way is as innovative as CK. He does not adapt to the people he has. The 49ers plan this year is to run Gore into the ground and use Lattimore. Lattimore blew out both knees in college in a major way. I hope the guy makes it because he is good but clearly it will be at the expense of LMJ and risking your running game on a guy with two questionable knees makes one wonder.

SF was never a good fit for LMJ. I remember when they drafted him and I thought what are they thinking- he does not fit their scheme and in all fairness James had some major gaffes in games but again the word is that Harbaugh and Tom Rathman really played some games with him and some even say did their best to destroy his confidence. Who really knows for sure but I hope for LMJ that he lands in a good place and plays for someone who can figure out how to best use him.

The 49ers are a mess with all their off field issues and word is that there is a lot of infighting amongst upper management which is never a good thing. TO have all these off field issues when you are asking your fan base to lay out a whole bunch of cash on seats in a new stadium is a very bad situation.
I'm not sure where you got that James was having games played with him. From what I understand being down here, LMJ's problem was that he simply struggled in pass pro and really wasn't feeling putting the effort in to get too much better. He was outplayed by Hunter, lost his reps, starting whining about it on social media, and then told the team he wanted a trade. A player on the team specifically told me he was a "whiner." (I know, too many easy 49er=Whiner jokes). There is definitely a difference of opinion between Trent Baalke and Harbaugh on some personnel decisions; LMJ being one of them. Though generally, I think that notion is overblown.

The Niners should not struggle to sell seats in Levi's. They didn't truly "struggle" to sell seats even when they were bad and playing in the hole that is Candlestick. They'll still be good and they've got a beautiful new stadium.
AKA: CAgrown
mm55
Four Star Recruit

Post by mm55 »

Actually dude my neighbor works for the 9ers and he is the one who told me about James and the issues with Rathman. According to my neighbor, JAmes is well liked by his teammates and by all accounts according to my neighbor was a pretty hard worker so we definetly are hearing conflicting info. My neighbor works directly for York so I assume he is pretty plugged in. He rarely talks about internal stuff and actually told me this unsolicited. The convo started when he asked me what I knew about James from his days at UO. I said other than his play on the field I did not know much. My neighbor commented that he thought he (james) was getting screwed by Rathman. Somewhere in between lies the truth.

I will say I am beginning to believe the rumblings thAt Harbaugh's act is wearing thin with the players.

My neighbor also commented that there " is a lot of concern about what has transpired" lately and right now James is the least of their worries.
MM in Cali
Elduderino
Senior

Post by Elduderino »

mm55 wrote:Actually dude my neighbor works for the 9ers and he is the one who told me about James and the issues with Rathman. According to my neighbor, JAmes is well liked by his teammates and by all accounts according to my neighbor was a pretty hard worker so we definetly are hearing conflicting info. My neighbor works directly for York so I assume he is pretty plugged in. He rarely talks about internal stuff and actually told me this unsolicited. The convo started when he asked me what I knew about James from his days at UO. I said other than his play on the field I did not know much. My neighbor commented that he thought he (james) was getting screwed by Rathman. Somewhere in between lies the truth.

I will say I am beginning to believe the rumblings thAt Harbaugh's act is wearing thin with the players.

My neighbor also commented that there " is a lot of concern about what has transpired" lately and right now James is the least of their worries.
Very interesting indeed. That's a pretty solid source of info. LMJ has def built a rep around Bay Area media people too, one that is less than favorable. Could be PR leaking from the team though.

I'd be concerned about the prospect of paying a two-read QB with sexual assault allegations big time money to be your future. Aldon Smith is a goner. Harbs is in an interesting spot too, with his drive for more influence while his high profile players are screwing up.
AKA: CAgrown
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

Well there was that whole trade Harbaugh to Cleveland instance that kind of blew the cover off the Baalke/Harbaugh relationship. I think both of you guys are correct in what you're saying. Nobody likes a teammate who complains and I've seen several of his tweets that make you just shake your head. At the same time, there are clearly bigger issues going on behind the scenes that pale in comparison to a RB complaining about his usage. I think this draft will say a lot about the future of SF too. Its a loaded draft and they've got a ton of quality picks but they also have an older, talented roster that won't allow for too many rookies to make it or allow them to "stash" them while they develop. Add in future contracts to Kaep, Crabtree etc and Vernon Davis' "SuperBowl or Bust" comments and this is going to be a very interesting year for SF/NFC West in general.

My biggest question for the upcoming season: Will Kellen Clemens throw a pass this season to keep Oregon's QB Pass Attempts streak alive? We're at something like 67 seasons in a row or something absurd like that!
Phenom
All Pac-12

Post by Phenom »

Steve Greatwood ‏@OregonOLine 5m

44 Ducks in the NFL! 7th most of any school in the nation. Most NFL draft picks in the Pac 12 over the past 3 years. Win The Day Ducks!
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by UOducksTK1 »

Phenom wrote:Steve Greatwood ‏@OregonOLine 5m

44 Ducks in the NFL! 7th most of any school in the nation. Most NFL draft picks in the Pac 12 over the past 3 years. Win The Day Ducks!
Really? I realized we've been doing a better job of pumping talent to the NFL, but I wouldn't have guessed we are 7th of all schools. Dang!

Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

I was reading an Eagles practice report when I saw this nugget:
11:42 - Now over to the tight ends. Assistant tight ends coach Justin Peelle stands about 7 yards away from the players. They have their backs turned to him. He yells "ball!" and fires a pass at them. By the time they turn around, the ball is there, and they have to make the grab. McManus and I could simulate this one, but one of us would likely end up with a broken finger, which is the equivalent of microfracture surgery for a blogger.
Peele was hired a few weeks after Michael Clay and it brings the total to 4 coaches who played at Oregon who now coach for the Eagles: Bill Musgrave, Matt Harper, Clay and Justin Peele to go along with Chip, Azz for 6 Ducks on the coaching staff. Then you still have Brandon Bair, Taylor Hart, Josh Huff, Josh Kaddu, Wade Keliikipi, Jeff Maehl, Casey Matthews and Will Murphy makes the total 14 Ducks in Philly getting paid by Jeff Lurie!

Add in Greatwood's stat with Oregon being 7th in players in the league and the coaches should really be hammering home to recruits that if you want to get into the league, come to Eugene.
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by UOducksTK1 »

Duck07 wrote:I was reading an Eagles practice report when I saw this nugget:
11:42 - Now over to the tight ends. Assistant tight ends coach Justin Peelle stands about 7 yards away from the players. They have their backs turned to him. He yells "ball!" and fires a pass at them. By the time they turn around, the ball is there, and they have to make the grab. McManus and I could simulate this one, but one of us would likely end up with a broken finger, which is the equivalent of microfracture surgery for a blogger.
Peele was hired a few weeks after Michael Clay and it brings the total to 4 coaches who played at Oregon who now coach for the Eagles: Bill Musgrave, Matt Harper, Clay and Justin Peele to go along with Chip, Azz for 6 Ducks on the coaching staff. Then you still have Brandon Bair, Taylor Hart, Josh Huff, Josh Kaddu, Wade Keliikipi, Jeff Maehl, Casey Matthews and Will Murphy makes the total 14 Ducks in Philly getting paid by Jeff Lurie!

Add in Greatwood's stat with Oregon being 7th in players in the league and the coaches should really be hammering home to recruits that if you want to get into the league, come to Eugene.
Love it.