Ex-Ducks NFL Status

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

Duck07
All-American

Re: Ex-Ducks NFL Status

Post by Duck07 »

UOducksTK1 wrote:
greenyellow wrote:Huff showing up in today's Eagles game, in both good and bad ways. He's made a couple catches but just fumbled as Philly was driving.
Yeah, bummer Philly lost too. Too many turnovers and two huge plays really killed the Eagles. I saw Maehl with a nice catch and run too.
The Ref's really wanted to be on TV in this one. There were 3 roughing the QB penalties and none would have counted had another crew been in that game. Maehl even got a "low block" penalty where he had his head on the proper side and hit the guy in the waist and wasn't anywhere near the DBs knees. The 15 yd horse-collar on the final drive was called back even though it was clear that his right hand was all over the collar. Hands to the face penalties where there was no contact. That was just a bad crew and its part of the over-flagging that is becoming the new normal in the 'Nother Flag League. It really took away from what was a great game because drives would either stall or continue because of flags that never should have been thrown. Heck, watching them do something as simple as spot the ball was atrocious as they were constantly off. I saw one play where they marked Philly 1 1/2 yards short of where the ball was caught (and short of a first down) only for it not to matter because of another 'roughing the passer' penalty.
duckfan96
Senior

Post by duckfan96 »

Whew thought that was just me. Spot on!! Officials blew in this game.
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

Just saw that Will Tukuafu has been picked up by the Seahawks to play fb.
DAT#6
Four Star Recruit

Post by DAT#6 »

Kellen Clemens completed a pass for SD in their blowout loss to the Dolphins, and that keeps the Ducks in the NFL passing streak alive.
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

DAT#6 wrote:Kellen Clemens completed a pass for SD in their blowout loss to the Dolphins, and that keeps the Ducks in the NFL passing streak alive.
Tray Dub
All Pac-12

Post by Tray Dub »

Terrell Suggs had a dirty-as-hell hit on LeGarrette tonight: http://www.sbnation.com/lookit/2014/11/ ... ount-video
Phenom
All Pac-12

Post by Phenom »

Wow. That was dirty as hell. Good thing LGB's teammates (including RB1) stepped up to defend him.
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

Other than not knowing exactly when the whistle blew, I don't see anything wrong with the hit. He didn't go for the knees and he hit him in the butt/waist. Its not like LGB had stopped playing at that point.
mdm0302
Freshman

Post by mdm0302 »

Duck07 wrote:Other than not knowing exactly when the whistle blew, I don't see anything wrong with the hit. He didn't go for the knees and he hit him in the butt/waist. Its not like LGB had stopped playing at that point.
Agreed he went for the hips. Looked way worse than it was
alabamaduck
Four Star Recruit

Post by alabamaduck »

I'm surprised no one has posted this yet, but LaGarrette Blount was released today by the Steelers after leaving the sideline during the game last night. Apparently he was upset about his lack of playing time and just left. I've got to think that this, along with "The Punch" and getting popped for weed in the preseason spells the end of his career.

http://fantasynews.cbssports.com/fantas ... tte-blount
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

alabamaduck wrote:I'm surprised no one has posted this yet, but LaGarrette Blount was released today by the Steelers after leaving the sideline during the game last night. Apparently he was upset about his lack of playing time and just left. I've got to think that this, along with "The Punch" and getting popped for weed in the preseason spells the end of his career.

Lol wut? Bill Belichick is probably going to pick him back up after the next injury on the roster gives him another spot unless someone beats him to the punch.
alabamaduck
Four Star Recruit

Post by alabamaduck »

I'm not so sure. I realize that if you've got game teams will give you a second and third chance, but he flat out quit on his teammates and that's not going to sit well with NFL front offices or players. Given his history i would think at this point he'll be viewed as a potential cancer in the locker room.
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

Duck07 wrote:
alabamaduck wrote:I'm surprised no one has posted this yet, but LaGarrette Blount was released today by the Steelers after leaving the sideline during the game last night. Apparently he was upset about his lack of playing time and just left. I've got to think that this, along with "The Punch" and getting popped for weed in the preseason spells the end of his career.

Lol wut? Bill Belichick is probably going to pick him back up after the next injury on the roster gives him another spot unless someone beats him to the punch.
Yuo weren't joking.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

Josh Huff starts his day off against the Titans with a 107 yard KO return. Eagle fans promptly stop badmouthing him, too. lol
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

Blount takes a goal-line handoff in for 6. I'd say he's a pretty happy guy to be back in Foxboro.