#2 Oregon @ #16 Washington (1:00pm FOX Sports 1)

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

justducky0
Senior

Re: #2 Oregon @ #16 Washington (1:00pm FOX Sports 1)

Post by justducky0 »

NCDucks09 wrote:Anyone got a lead on any tickets? I need two.

Keys to the game:
1. Stop the Run.
2. Run the Ball.
3. Don't Turn the Ball Over.

Whoever does that better will win the game. UW players should be a little beat up from that loss at Stanfraud, but there crowd should be jacked up because it's Oregon and ESPN Gameday.

Keith Price is a good QB, but he's not a game changer like Marcus. Keith has good accuracy and good mobility,
but the one thing he is prone to is turnovers. He fumbles and throws picks if you rattle him with pressure.
UW's Defense and Sankey are the problems the Ducks will have to solve. The Dawgs' D is very physical and fast, so the Ducks will have to execute their blocking schemes perfectly to give our playmakers a good shot to make plays. If they do that and set up UW for the big play and take advantage of their over-aggressiveness, the Ducks could make this one a sleeper like last year.

The first real test! Let's Go Ducks!

Did you watch the Stanford game? Price was getting jacked up and was still throwing dimes around the field. Price as a senior is a very dangerous QB.
UofO8
Senior

Post by UofO8 »

The offense can't start off like complete garbage like it has been. I think UW is going to come out of the gate really strong and we could end up digging ourselves into a quick hole if we start out slow.
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

UofO8 wrote:The offense can't start off like complete garbage like it has been. I think UW is going to come out of the gate really strong and we could end up digging ourselves into a quick hole if we start out slow.
I wouldn't feel good if its 21-7 or 14-0 poodles after the 1st Qtr, but we can score 4 Tds in a QTR like its walking down campus. The Seahawks came out of the gate real strong against Indy only to fall apart in the 2nd half. Let em ride their emotions for a half, they'll be spent come the 2nd.
MFRDuckFan
Senior

Post by MFRDuckFan »

Here is a Sark interview from today. He's such a dipstick!

http://blogs.seattletimes.com/huskyfoot ... ces-thumb/

"Marcus (Mariota) is playing at such a high level at running back, whether it’s throwing it or running it. They look very similar that way. They look like a dynamic team that can hurt you in all three phases."

"We understand the excitement that will be in the air Saturday for the first time ever ESPN “GameDay” is coming to our campus. I think that’s a real tribute to our program and this university and an opportunity for us to showcase our university." :lol: :lol:
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

As far as the injuries are concerned, we saw what we saw, and I’m going to leave it at that.

(On Keith Price and his injured thumb) He practiced. Monday’s are typically a light day for any of our starting quarterbacks in years past, but Keith was out there. I think he’ll be fine come Saturday.
Yea, but was he with the 1s? Sarks sounds like he doesn't want to talk about injuries since he doesn't know.

Also, he can take a jab and call Marcus a RB all he wants (unless that was an editor typo) but it won't make a difference when your defensive players are reading MARIOTA as they chase after him.
Bud Lee
All Pac-12

Post by Bud Lee »

Good luck this week guys, though a upset would serve my Tigers better than another Duck win, I wish y’all the best. Huck the Fuskies!
Greydrake
Four Star Recruit

Post by Greydrake »

Huskies definitely have been mirroring Oregon's formula for success. Has Sark used the word "circumstances" yet?

Nothing jazzes me up for the college season as Huskies week. The past nine years have more than made up for the gray days of the "suffering" when the Huskies would come down to Autzen and smear their scent of superiority over us. Call me greedy but I want another smack down of the pups. One more to emphasize "Nope you haven't arrived just yet."
woundedknees
All-American

Post by woundedknees »

This D against Tuiasosopo's Husky teams would have been entertaining to watch.
Autzen Stadium... Where great teams go to die...Hard!

Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

Its Tuesday and on the Pac12 Conf call, Sark is apparently still going on about fake injuries and officials at Stanford. Shaw went on afterwards and called Sark out. Keep talkin Steve, keep talkin
lukeyrid13
All-American
GM: Portland TrailBlazers

Post by lukeyrid13 »

Great! Keep stressing about Stanford and not paying attention to this game. I hope the Stanford game is not forgotten by both coaches and players and they're still not over it.
NCDucks09
Senior

Post by NCDucks09 »

It's time for a Dawg Pound and I say that with a new definitive meaning for that saying... :)

There is definitely a ton of excitement for this game on both sides of this rivalry. It shouldn't be hard for the Ducks to focus and prepare this week, that's for sure!
2012 Rose Bowl Champions
2013 Fiesta Bowl Champions

Still Dedicated to the Ducks Winning the Natty!
karlhungis
All Pac-12

Post by karlhungis »

Duck07 wrote:Its Tuesday and on the Pac12 Conf call, Sark is apparently still going on about fake injuries and officials at Stanford. Shaw went on afterwards and called Sark out. Keep talkin Steve, keep talkin
I really wonder how the game prep is going for them. I hope they let stanford beat them twice.
OregonFan4life -
My source just said Chip is officially back!
It will be announced at Autzen press conference tomorrow afternoon!
Greenblood
Senior

Post by Greenblood »

Nice to see, in this article by Jude, that the Huskies are essentially admitting they've copied the Ducks.

http://seattletimes.com/html/huskyfootb ... 08xml.html
QuackininBama
All Pac-12

Post by QuackininBama »

You know, after watching the Stanford game I was pretty worried about the Washington game. But the more I read the less worried I am. They are really going to try to "out-Oregon" Oregon? That's probably a worse idea then teams kicking field goals against us. Its not a gameplan Washington, its a culture. Its great recruiting, but even better coaching. From the top down its a complete build. Not just running a no-huddle every play. But I shouldn't be surprised. This is Washington. They couldn't develop their own identity, so they just tried to steal ours. What losers.
UofO8
Senior

Post by UofO8 »

QuackininBama wrote:You know, after watching the Stanford game I was pretty worried about the Washington game. But the more I read the less worried I am. They are really going to try to "out-Oregon" Oregon? That's probably a worse idea then teams kicking field goals against us. Its not a gameplan Washington, its a culture. Its great recruiting, but even better coaching. From the top down its a complete build. Not just running a no-huddle every play. But I shouldn't be surprised. This is Washington. They couldn't develop their own identity, so they just tried to steal ours. What losers.
Every team that tries to out tempo us fails miserably. You can try, but you won't "out-Oregon" Oregon.