#2 Oregon @ #16 Washington (1:00pm FOX Sports 1)

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

MFRDuckFan
Senior

Re: #2 Oregon @ #16 Washington (1:00pm FOX Sports 1)

Post by MFRDuckFan »

cordy02c wrote:it see,ms like the media wants oregon to lose because they are buying into the husky hype machine
They love a story that will give them an extra week of exposure. If Oregon loses, they get to talk about the loss of Chip Kelly, the loss of Colt Lyerla, a program that hasn't "arrived" yet, etc. Clicks on a website and face time on TV. It builds more viewership if they can get people worried that we could possibly lose. They don't give a rip about this program so we fans and the team, have to just tune it out and focus on the program that we love.
woundedknees
All-American

Post by woundedknees »

MFRDuckFan wrote:
cordy02c wrote:it see,ms like the media wants oregon to lose because they are buying into the husky hype machine
They love a story that will give them an extra week of exposure. If Oregon loses, they get to talk about the loss of Chip Kelly, the loss of Colt Lyerla, a program that hasn't "arrived" yet, etc. Clicks on a website and face time on TV. It builds more viewership if they can get people worried that we could possibly lose. They don't give a rip about this program so we fans and the team, have to just tune it out and focus on the program that we love.
Spoken like a true PR rep... ;)
Autzen Stadium... Where great teams go to die...Hard!

woundedknees
All-American

Post by woundedknees »

MFRDuckFan wrote:
Autzen Stadium... Where great teams go to die...Hard!

QuackininBama
All Pac-12

Post by QuackininBama »

MFRDuckFan wrote:
After we lay around 55 on them this week, dropping them to a two loss team, no one will talk about them anymore this year. So this is their 15 minutes, courtesy of the university of Oregon.
Greydrake
Four Star Recruit

Post by Greydrake »

Ok I admit at this point I am nervous, the worst part I work my graveyard shift tonight and this will be eating at me all through the night.
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

Greydrake wrote:Ok I admit at this point I am nervous, the worst part I work my graveyard shift tonight and this will be eating at me all through the night.
Nyquil.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
MFRDuckFan
Senior

Post by MFRDuckFan »

woundedknees wrote:
MFRDuckFan wrote:
Definitely. It is a PR standard to whip your viewers/customers into a frenzy so they'll get panicked. I.e. "Don't wait because you'll lose out" etc. It's a win/win for the pundits because they get BOTH teams clicking on their stories with headlines that read "Trap game for Oregon", "Oregon fans need to be worried", blah, blah, blah. I actually prefer the stories that state actual facts about stats so I can compare both teams and decide on my own if I need to worry or not.

Just try to ignore any and all of those stories or else you're going to drive yourself crazy, which the media would love to happen!
dthomas=ddixon

Post by dthomas=ddixon »

Greydrake wrote:Ok I admit at this point I am nervous, the worst part I work my graveyard shift tonight and this will be eating at me all through the night.
You can't listen to all the media coverage, it starts to make you crazy. You almost start to buy into the propaganda machine that is the husky football program. And that's really all they are. They beat Furd last year and it had no affect on the game. And the entire reason we're all worried is becuase they played Furd close this year.
Elduderino
Senior

Post by Elduderino »

dthomas=ddixon wrote:
You can't listen to all the media coverage, it starts to make you crazy. You almost start to buy into the propaganda machine that is the husky football program. And that's really all they are. They beat Furd last year and it had no affect on the game. And the entire reason we're all worried is becuase they played Furd close this year.
Well, I think we can give credit where it is due. The Huskies are a vastly improved team, and I think that is obvious to everyone. Also, as much as all of us hate to admit it, we haven't really seen a team that can stand toe to toe with this Ducks squad and there is at least a bit of uncertainty to how they will respond.

I keep reminding myself, the bottom line: Oregon is more talented offensively, they have more depth offensively. Oregon is more talented defensively, and have more depth defensively. The Ducks should win this game. Perform well, and they will.
AKA: CAgrown
QuackininBama
All Pac-12

Post by QuackininBama »

dthomas=ddixon wrote:
To be fair, reading about half dozen articles, and watching many pre-game shows this last week, NOT A SINGLE person in the media has picked the Huskies to win. So they may be pumping the game up, but they ain't stupid enough to put their rep on the line for it haha

Were nearly at the same level as Alabama now. The media will pump the Bama/LSU game till our ears bleed, but no ones gonna pick LSU (no offense Bud).
Greenblood
Senior

Post by Greenblood »

And now I see this quote from UW's tight end in an article this week (http://seattletimes.com/html/larrystone ... 10xml.html):

“Honestly, it’s a faceless opponent ...’’ Seferian-Jenkins said . . .

It really is quite a marvel just how much the Huskies are following the Ducks.
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

Man, the WSJ may not be aware of it, but they just showed how pathetic the poodles are!
Then came a blow that felled Washington's program like a Douglas fir. A ruling that boosters had given illegal benefits to players led to harsh sanctions in the early 1990s, including a two-year bowl ban that spurred coach Don James, the Huskies' all-time wins leader, to resign in protest. A string of ill-fitting coaches dragged the program to its nadir, an 0-12 record in 2008.

Almost as bad was the unthinkable change taking place 4½ hours south. Oregon's 1994 victory over Washington helped secure the Ducks' first Rose Bowl berth in decades and stir the interest of an alumnus by the name of Phil Knight. The Nike co-founder has since given hundreds of millions to build Oregon's unsurpassed athletic facilities, helping the Ducks—a longtime nobody—become a college-football powerhouse.

"We don't have that one crackpot eccentric CEO that puts his money where his mouth is," Washington booster Jim Kenyon said. "I'm a pragmatic guy. I don't hate anybody. This is college football. I admire it, frankly."

Kenyon, a real estate developer, was among those implicated in the 1993 sanctions, which he called a "witch hunt" and which forced his separation from the football program for a few years.
Kenyon now is active with the Tyee Club, Washington's booster group. (It is named for the largest of king salmon.) He says the Huskies are running a tight—even uptight—ship
Yea, right, you didn't have the Nordstrom family take players out onto their yacht and let them go below and collect cash, clothes and other gifts. Yea, they certainly aren't a "wealthy" family and any poodle trying to play the poor card is about as laughable as it gets. At one-time Howard S. Wright (who built the Space Needle amongst other things) was my grandfather and the family would literally take the boat from Medina to Husky Stadium for games. They were so dirty under James but they didn't care because they were winning and it was "part of the system." This revisionist history to forget that people like Billy Jo Hobert were getting cash, cars and coke from boosters is what makes this so hilarious to me or that a decade later they'd cover up Jeramy Stevens and Jeremiah Pharms but they talk about their glowing tradition. Delusional Dawgs I guess.
fpsduck
Senior

Post by fpsduck »

UOducksTK1 wrote:
Nyquil.

Works every time.

But, man, I feel like crap the morning after.
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

Purple Drank, purple drank! lol
MFRDuckFan
Senior

Post by MFRDuckFan »

Digital program that the University just put out. Very cool!

http://b6950281c9b4ea48582d-3d97d750569 ... ml#?page=0