#2 Oregon @ #16 Washington (1:00pm FOX Sports 1)

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

#2 Oregon @ #16 Washington (1:00pm FOX Sports 1)

Post by UOducksTK1 »

It needs to be Saturday already.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
justducky0
Senior

Re: #2 Oregon @ #16 Washington (1:00pm FOX Sports 1)

Post by justducky0 »

Do you think they will change the game time/Is that even a possibility ?
Phenom
All Pac-12

Post by Phenom »

justducky0 wrote:Do you think they will change the game time/Is that even a possibility ?
No. I've seen them have Gameday in games that air at 12:30 and are on CBS.
lukeyrid13
All-American
GM: Portland TrailBlazers

Post by lukeyrid13 »

It is very rare to change a game time. Usually only happens when a lesser channel has a big game(Civil war a few years ago). Fox wouldn't give up anything to ESPN though, they don't want their money, they would rather use this as an opportunity to plug their new channel.
ncduck
Senior

Post by ncduck »

It's not changing. When games are selected for TV, if the time is going to change that's when they announce it. In this case, the window for a game was set months ago. Once this game was selected for the window and announced, that was it for time changes.
MFRDuckFan
Senior

Post by MFRDuckFan »

I know, it's inappropriate. :twisted:

QuackininBama
All Pac-12

Post by QuackininBama »

Its only Monday........sigh
NCDucks09
Senior

Post by NCDucks09 »

Anyone got a lead on any tickets? I need two.

Keys to the game:
1. Stop the Run.
2. Run the Ball.
3. Don't Turn the Ball Over.

Whoever does that better will win the game. UW players should be a little beat up from that loss at Stanfraud, but there crowd should be jacked up because it's Oregon and ESPN Gameday.

Keith Price is a good QB, but he's not a game changer like Marcus. Keith has good accuracy and good mobility, but the one thing he is prone to is turnovers. He fumbles and throws picks if you rattle him with pressure.

UW's Defense and Sankey are the problems the Ducks will have to solve. The Dawgs' D is very physical and fast, so the Ducks will have to execute their blocking schemes perfectly to give our playmakers a good shot to make plays. If they do that and set up UW for the big play and take advantage of their over-aggressiveness, the Ducks could make this one a sleeper like last year.

The first real test! Let's Go Ducks!
2012 Rose Bowl Champions
2013 Fiesta Bowl Champions

Still Dedicated to the Ducks Winning the Natty!
duckfan96
Senior

Post by duckfan96 »

F the huskies. I dislike them worse than any other school. Rude fans..I know Oregon has its share if ahole fans, but UW wins in that department. I am excited for this game because I don't see the starters goin out after 3 quarters and I don't see Oregon running the ball every play. I think its close early and then Oregon runs away with it. Smashing the delusions of all those UW faithful. :lol:

Oregon 56-21
Greenblood
Senior

Post by Greenblood »

I noted Moseley's reply tweet to a question about whether DAT would play this week: "I think it will be really hard to keep him off the field two weeks in a row." Given that Moseley is an "insider," I'm now a little more confident that DAT will play this week (even though I'm sure Mose would deny having made a prediction that DAT will play).

I also think one very significant advantage Oregon has is that they are much more accustomed to the hype of big games, GameDay, etc., than UW is. The Ducks are assuredly aware of the challenge that is before them, but I think they will approach this game as business-like as ever. They don't have that long road winning streak for nothing.
MFRDuckFan
Senior

Post by MFRDuckFan »

UW is going to be wound way too tight for this one and it will be their undoing. I do see them coming out strong in the beginning but their D is going to over commit and pay. Marcus is really going to have to get his early game jitters under control but there's not much he can do when the other team throws something at you that you haven't seen. Just going to depend on how quickly he adjusts.

Good thing about this last week with Colorado for our D is they learned a very valuable lesson about coming out soft. Gotta be on point.

Colt leaving is not such a bad thing because now our other TE's can settle in and not constantly be on the edge of "do I have to take over for Colt this week", etc. That is really disruptive and glad the drama is over.

Would love to see DAT come back but tape can only do so much. He is a tough kid though so I'll take him even at 80%.

Any word about Price's thumb?
Elduderino
Senior

Post by Elduderino »

NCDucks09 wrote:Anyone got a lead on any tickets? I need two.

Keys to the game:
1. Stop the Run.
2. Run the Ball.
3. Don't Turn the Ball Over.

Whoever does that better will win the game. UW players should be a little beat up from that loss at Stanfraud, but there crowd should be jacked up because it's Oregon and ESPN Gameday.

Keith Price is a good QB, but he's not a game changer like Marcus. Keith has good accuracy and good mobility, but the one thing he is prone to is turnovers. He fumbles and throws picks if you rattle him with pressure.

UW's Defense and Sankey are the problems the Ducks will have to solve. The Dawgs' D is very physical and fast, so the Ducks will have to execute their blocking schemes perfectly to give our playmakers a good shot to make plays. If they do that and set up UW for the big play and take advantage of their over-aggressiveness, the Ducks could make this one a sleeper like last year.

The first real test! Let's Go Ducks!
I agree with the fundamental keys to the game you've got there. I disagree to an extent regarding Price. You let him run around back there and don't finish tackles and he can absolutely be a game changing kind of player. He seems to thrive on broken plays.
AKA: CAgrown
MFRDuckFan
Senior

Post by MFRDuckFan »

P.S. Am absolutely loving the twitter feud going on with Duck fans and Softy. :lol: :lol:
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

MFRDuckFan wrote:P.S. Am absolutely loving the twitter feud going on with Duck fans and Softy. :lol: :lol:
Apparently he thinks that losing to Stanford and AU in the past are serious losses for us. I'd say those losses don't hurt as bad as losing the CRapple Cup to WSU last year
woundedknees
All-American

Post by woundedknees »

Be afraid... Be very, very, afraid!
Autzen Stadium... Where great teams go to die...Hard!