#2 Oregon @ #16 Washington (1:00pm FOX Sports 1)

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

ncduck
Senior

Re: #2 Oregon @ #16 Washington (1:00pm FOX Sports 1)

Post by ncduck »

MontanaDuck wrote:
Duck07 wrote:
QuackininBama wrote:
MFRDuckFan wrote:So Lane Kiffin is going to be at Gameday. Choke, choke. What kind of reception do you think he'll get? :lol: :lol: :lol:
That dude is such an attention whore. He just can't stand when people stop talking about him.
Wait, you mean they couldn't find a single poodle alumni for Gameday so they're going with Lame? Or is this in addition to?
Fusky graduates are a myth.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
Ted Bundy is no myth.
duck58
Four Star Recruit

Post by duck58 »

Watched a portion of the "Elise and Jerry" show on CSNNW. They had a former UW coach, I believe, on the phone. He complained about some officiating and the fake injuries by Stanford, Of course all bad calls were against the HOME TEAM, UW. Of course, at least during the part of the interview I heard, he never mentioned how stupid UW coaches were and the short kickoff strategy. DAT and/or Addison will have a big day if they do that Sat. They won't. We need to beat them BIG.

Personally, I don't think MM and the team start out slow this week. They know this is the toughest opponent they have played all year. They will play a complete game from the beginning.
QuackininBama
All Pac-12

Post by QuackininBama »

duck58 wrote:Watched a portion of the "Elise and Jerry" show on CSNNW. They had a former UW coach, I believe, on the phone. He complained about some officiating and the fake injuries by Stanford, Of course all bad calls were against the HOME TEAM, UW. Of course, at least during the part of the interview I heard, he never mentioned how stupid UW coaches were and the short kickoff strategy. DAT and/or Addison will have a big day if they do that Sat. They won't. We need to beat them BIG.

Personally, I don't think MM and the team start out slow this week. They know this is the toughest opponent they have played all year. They will play a complete game from the beginning.
I keep thinking back to the last time we had this sort of hype for a game. Both teams ranked, both teams great quarterbacks, both teams can score at will, Oregon "hadn't been tested yet"...what was that.....

Ohh, there it is!
Oregon came in averaging 54 points per game, while Arizona wasn't far behind at a little more than 46 points. Much was made about the meeting between the speedy Ducks under Chip Kelly and Arizona's spread offense under no-huddle, up-tempo pioneer Rich Rodriguez.

But the Ducks (4-0, 1-0) held just a 13-0 lead at the break before finally finding their stride in the second half. Arizona never found it.
No. 3 Oregon held the No. 22 Wildcats out of the end zone in a 49-0 victory on Saturday night, and the defense helped with two touchdowns of its own off interceptions.
10:30 PM ET, September 22, 2012

Autzen Stadium, EUGENE, OR

http://espn.go.com/ncf/recap?id=322662483
Elduderino
Senior

Post by Elduderino »

QuackininBama wrote:
duck58 wrote:Watched a portion of the "Elise and Jerry" show on CSNNW. They had a former UW coach, I believe, on the phone. He complained about some officiating and the fake injuries by Stanford, Of course all bad calls were against the HOME TEAM, UW. Of course, at least during the part of the interview I heard, he never mentioned how stupid UW coaches were and the short kickoff strategy. DAT and/or Addison will have a big day if they do that Sat. They won't. We need to beat them BIG.

I keep thinking back to the last time we had this sort of hype for a game. Both teams ranked, both teams great quarterbacks, both teams can score at will, Oregon "hadn't been tested yet"...what was that.....

Ohh, there it is!
Oregon came in averaging 54 points per game, while Arizona wasn't far behind at a little more than 46 points. Much was made about the meeting between the speedy Ducks under Chip Kelly and Arizona's spread offense under no-huddle, up-tempo pioneer Rich Rodriguez.

But the Ducks (4-0, 1-0) held just a 13-0 lead at the break before finally finding their stride in the second half. Arizona never found it.
No. 3 Oregon held the No. 22 Wildcats out of the end zone in a 49-0 victory on Saturday night, and the defense helped with two touchdowns of its own off interceptions.
10:30 PM ET, September 22, 2012

Autzen Stadium, EUGENE, OR

http://espn.go.com/ncf/recap?id=322662483
That is one of my favorite games of the last few years. It could have gone waaaaaayyyy differently, though. Remember how many opportunities UA had to score, and our defense kept coming up with stops? My goodness.
AKA: CAgrown
pezsez1
All Pac-12

Post by pezsez1 »

Remember how many opportunities UA had to score, and our defense kept coming up with stops? My goodness.
This isn't luck; this is by design.

Our redzone defense is A-M-A-Z-I-N-G.

It's why I don't care about Colorado's big yardage with trick plays.
Willie Taggart is a dick.
Phenom
All Pac-12

Post by Phenom »

Anyone here every watch a Duck game at the EMU, Taylor's, or Rennie's? Where's the best place to go?
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

Phenom wrote:Anyone here every watch a Duck game at the EMU, Taylor's, or Rennie's? Where's the best place to go?
Between those 3 I'd go upstairs to Rennie's, order a Duckfart, beer and burger.

The Cooler over by Autzen isn't a bad place to watch a game either and iirc, Villard St Pub has started to really get a good reputation the last couple years
MontanaDuck
Three Star Recruit

Post by MontanaDuck »

ncduck wrote:
MontanaDuck wrote:
Duck07 wrote:
QuackininBama wrote:
MFRDuckFan wrote:So Lane Kiffin is going to be at Gameday. Choke, choke. What kind of reception do you think he'll get? :lol: :lol: :lol:
That dude is such an attention whore. He just can't stand when people stop talking about him.
Wait, you mean they couldn't find a single poodle alumni for Gameday so they're going with Lame? Or is this in addition to?
Fusky graduates are a myth.

Ted Bundy is no myth.
Don't rain on my parade! :grin:

MFRDuckFan
Senior

Post by MFRDuckFan »

Duck07 wrote:
Phenom wrote:Anyone here every watch a Duck game at the EMU, Taylor's, or Rennie's? Where's the best place to go?
Between those 3 I'd go upstairs to Rennie's, order a Duckfart, beer and burger.

The Cooler over by Autzen isn't a bad place to watch a game either and iirc, Villard St Pub has started to really get a good reputation the last couple years
I love the Cooler.
dthomas=ddixon

Post by dthomas=ddixon »

I was expecting the Ducks to start slow until I saw this from Gordo over on educk:

First Quarter
UW - 3.75 points per first quarter
UO - 21.75 points per first quarter

UW - 1.75 points per first quarter allowed
UO - 6 points per first quarter allowed

UW - 2 points differential in first quarter
UO - 15.75 points differential in the first quarter (think about that for a moment)

Second Quarter
UW - 5.75 points per second quarter
UO - 15.75 points per second quarter

UW - 5.5 points per second quarter allowed
UO -3 points per second quarter allowed

UW - 0.25 points differential in the second quarter
UO -12.75 points differential in the second quarter

First Half Totals
UW - 9.5 points per first half
UO - 37.5 points per first half

UW - 7.25 points allowed per first half
UO - 9 points allowed per first half

UW - 2.25 point differential in the first half
UO - 28.5 point differential int he first half
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

Stewart Mandel of SI.com has picked UW to beat Oregon by 1 this weekend.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/colleg ... &eref=sihp
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

Biggus Duckus wrote:Well there goes my respect for Mandel.
Looks like I need to take him back to Max's and get him drunk off some pear wine, the little lush!
dthomas=ddixon

Post by dthomas=ddixon »

It's just so trendy to pick UW every time the Ducks play up there. People can't resist it.
MFRDuckFan
Senior

Post by MFRDuckFan »

dthomas=ddixon wrote:It's just so trendy to pick UW every time the Ducks play up there. People can't resist it.
Happens every year until we kick their ass.
cordy02c
Senior

Post by cordy02c »

it see,ms like the media wants oregon to lose because they are buying into the husky hype machine